Home

Mass Effect 2 [thread contains spoilers]

Nedak

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rapheal Sbarge is a great voice actor, and should be alloted to m, ME in more and more roles... as long as he doesn't play the same f****** character in every game. This is particularly prudent when otherwise talented actors are underused or are as good as prop SFX, particularly Grey DeLisle's lack of a real role in Mass Effect.

And please, could someone tell me why every alien has a flat, American accent? Next I'll be seeing a Hutt with a mockney tongue.

I gots it. Although it comes out here this friday ;) had Elder Scrolls Oblivion 2 days before release as well.

Contacts friends, contacts.

Anyway, to answer some simple questions (since the game is installing now):

-Game comes with serial printed on booklet. Simple install procedure, nothing fancy.

-HOWEVER, it comes with a special little paper with a Cerberus code that only 'real' versions have (copy idiots wont have this) that will unlock free downloads, content and more. The instant you install it, it'll unlock the 'deadly mercenary Zaeed' for you to recruit. This way, buyers will have stuff the illegal downloaders won't have. Brilliant solution.

-When a weapon overheats, you can 'dump' the heat cardridge so you can keep on shooting. The cardridges that hold heat are scarce however.

-Space + forward will have you jump over the object you were hiding after. Seems the engine has improved alot at this point.

-People who import a save will start with more EXP and more resources (which are important. You can burn these up to get just that little bit further before you need to refuel at a warp thingy)

-You get in-game mail. And the Cerberus code mentioned before will auto-download new content while you are in-game. No going back to a menu and selecting it and stuff (at least that's what the manual says).

Any more questions? :)

Man, the Carth hatred re ME is hilarious. Outside of being stuck with him in the beginning, you can pretty much ignore him till late in the game.
But he's still there!

Honestly, I don't give a damn about any uncharted planet and such, as long as they bring back the KotOR-esque exploration premise: half a dozen of planets brimming with life instead of several dozens with less life than my garden.
Easily one of my major complaints about the first. Of all the planets in the galaxy, we got to visit those with the fewest amount of inhabitants. Where were the human colonies or the planets where those prominent alien races resided? Apart from the Citadel, I don't think I liked any planet. So if they get that right in ME2, then that's at least that.

Well, nothings perfect. :p

So, who broke down and got it today and which version?

As Ztalker mentions, it's not out in Europe till the 29th, but I got an email today telling me that my Collector's Edition was shipped this morning, so if i'm lucky it might be here by tomorrow.

Easily one of my major complaints about the first. Of all the planets in the galaxy, we got to visit those with the fewest amount of inhabitants. Where were the human colonies or the planets where those prominent alien races resided? Apart from the Citadel, I don't think I liked any planet. So if they get that right in ME2, then that's at least that.

And still I found that K1 Taris was better than ME1 The Citadel. Go figure.

I may have mentioned this before, but I always thought Citadel Station looked like one of those human colonies from the Gundam Wing series I used to watch. Which, I thought, was pretty cool. I kinda dig the look of the Station more than Taris' Coruscant imitation, but there was more going on on Taris that was of interest.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

L-l-look at you h-h-hacker, panting and s-sweating as you r-run through my pi-pi-pixellated c-c-corridors... :p

Seriously, SS1 is almost impossible to play thanks to the sheer blockiness of everything. It's hard to tell what's what by sight.

@Prime: Finding it a struggle? :p

-HOWEVER, it comes with a special little paper with a Cerberus code that only 'real' versions have (copy idiots wont have this) that will unlock free downloads, content and more. The instant you install it, it'll unlock the 'deadly mercenary Zaeed' for you to recruit. This way, buyers will have stuff the illegal downloaders won't have. Brilliant solution.

-Space + forward will have you jump over the object you were hiding after. Seems the engine has improved alot at this point.

-You get in-game mail. And the Cerberus code mentioned before will auto-download new content while you are in-game. No going back to a menu and selecting it and stuff (at least that's what the manual says).

Fantasmagorical!

Any more questions?

1. What are your computer's specs, and can you play it well?

2. If your computer is awesome/if youve played it before on an awesome comp, and have seen 1 at high fps's, how different does 2's fps cap of 30 feel? good or bad? (1's fps cap was 62, i think. i lowered it to 30 or 40 because the anims were too fast and ruined the game's feel)

3. Any idea what the level cap is?

4. What is 2's rating in Holland?

5. Your opinion of what youve played so far: better than 1?

6. Can you use the bathrooms?? :xp:

Fantasmagorical!

Got a Athlon 4600+ and a Gefore 8600 (Ordering a new card this weekend).

Only issue I have is the scars on my character are sometimes glowing orange or something. Bah..

2. If your computer is awesome/if youve played it before on an awesome comp, and have seen 1 at high fps's, how different does 2's fps cap of 30 feel? good or bad? (1's fps cap was 62, i think. i lowered it to 30 or 40 because the anims were too fast and ruined the game's feel)

Don't really know. It looked pretty fluid to me...

18+, strong language, violence

Only playing the first part, the controls work differently too. But apart from that, the characters are better, and the grand feel is just...EPIC. Seriously. I'm only in the first chapter, but it's....horror, thriller, strange, action..and the CGI. THE CGI!!!

No idea...haven't gotten that far yet.

Going to play NAO.

More info on the way.

PS: Leveling choices are...hmmm..there less to choose from(what I can see).

Fantasmagorical!

Taking a quick break from ME2.

1) Core 2 Quad @ 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, Win7, and GTS 250. Runs silk smooth. Same here though, Shepard's face scars glow orange sometimes; wonder if it will go away later on.

2) There's an FPS cap of 30? :confused: Mine runs at 60FPS, just like ME1.

3) No idea, but there's an achievement for reaching lvl30, so I assume the cap is around there.

4) No idea, I'll take Ztalker's word for it.

5) Love the game, much better than ME1. Only at the beginning, and I'm already hooked. The combat is far better. Finally have to relearn how to take cover; playing with Immunity in ME1 made me take too many risks.

6) Still waiting to check out them bathrooms. :xp:

- Star Admiral

@Prime: Finding it a struggle? :p
Only in the sense that I want to finish Mass Effect 1 before trying 2. Right now Ace Combat 6 has kind of been sucking some of that time away from Mass Effect. I'd like, for the first time in a long time, to be playing a new game along with the masses. But it looks like I will be slightly delayed. Most a pity.

Shepard's face scars glow orange sometimes; wonder if it will go away later on.

I DVR'd "Sci V Fi:Mass Effect 2" the other day, and watched it last night. The game looks excellent, and I am going to give it a shot at some point, although I am going to wait and see if a PS3 release happens... From several accounts, the port to PC is disappointing for ME1 compared to xBox, and I can see the PS3 port being done significantly better. If it happens.

I quoted you, SA, because I noticed this multiple times on the show. I thought it was my TV's color setting, because at times the scars in his face glowed as if filled with molten lava.

I would say that it will be on again-off again, as it was on the show, and is definitely not your GPU or system in general. Weird.

Molten lava is the right description yeah :)

did get an in-game mail from Dr. Chakwas saying if I'd spend 500.000 something she could install better medical facilities on the N2 and REMOVE the scars....so maybe the designers put it there deliberately to annoy you and sho you've been in battle.

Encountered so many easter eggs now...it's insane. Only done 1 system..seriously..took 8 hours. In that time I saw insane jokes...

Check this...

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
5e69a2362de4f219739236ceee846ca41434a631.png

Oh yeah...there is also a certain...'space hamster' for sale. The older peeps around this forum know it's meaning ;)

It's just...just....big doesn't start it.

New videocard ships in this friday. I needs it. To play betterz.

Z off.

Only in the sense that I want to finish Mass Effect 1 before trying 2. Right now Ace Combat 6 has kind of been sucking some of that time away from Mass Effect. I'd like, for the first time in a long time, to be playing a new game along with the masses. But it looks like I will be slightly delayed. Most a pity.
First of all, Ace Combat 6 is the only X360 exclusive I really want to play, and curse Namco for making it exclusive considering their entire fan base started on a different platform. Secondly and more on-topic, I will be delayed in the playing of ME2 as well, so you can play alongside me, Prime-ski :xp:

I DVR'd "Sci V Fi:Mass Effect 2" the other day, and watched it last night. The game looks excellent, and I am going to give it a shot at some point, although I am going to wait and see if a PS3 release happens... From several accounts, the port to PC is disappointing for ME1 compared to xBox, and I can see the PS3 port being done significantly better. If it happens.

I quoted you, SA, because I noticed this multiple times on the show. I thought it was my TV's color setting, because at times the scars in his face glowed as if filled with molten lava.

I would say that it will be on again-off again, as it was on the show, and is definitely not your GPU or system in general. Weird.

I've been reading perhaps a little too much about the game in anticipation of my copy being delivered, and the glowing scars are apparently explained in-game.

18+, strong language, violence

ack.. that's worrying...

still don't know the rating in nz yet... (come on! R16, R16, R16....)

2) There's an FPS cap of 30? Mine runs at 60FPS, just like ME1.

Im sure ive heard that they devs were doing this to preserve a cinematic feel...

Does it look ok at 60fps? Because, as i said, when i got ME1 fps's of 60, i found the animations far too fast, and it felt too "videogamey".

New videocard ships in this friday. I needs it. To play betterz.

I *finally* have a new card coming too. My sister had a gtx260, which we played 1 on, but it was faulty and we have so far waited 3 weeks for it. Just got word today that the replacement card has been shipped. Should get here on Monday. :emodanc:

Same here though, Shepard's face scars glow orange sometimes; wonder if it will go away later on.

I've been reading perhaps a little too much about the game in anticipation of my copy being delivered, and the glowing scars are apparently explained in-game.

I saw this and always thought it was a plot point. The possibility of it being a glitch didn't even cross my mind...

wallpaper-14-p.jpg

Also, have you noticed that the shepard in the promo media seems to be the renegade shepard? It seems that way to me...

Thats quite interesting. This would be the first time ive seen a main rpg character that is darksided in canon

Archived