Home

Mass Effect 2 [thread contains spoilers]

Nedak

I'd probably keep it in this thread to keep things consolidated :)

Very well,

Here is what I would like:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Name: John Shepard

Military Specialization: Engineer

Background: Spacer / War Hero

Level: 50 - 60

No romances with Ashley or Liara (can be flirty but no sex scene).

Ashley must be sacrificed on Virmire

Council must die via “Focus on Sovereign” option.

Captain Anderson must be the choice for the new council member.

Garrus must be pushed towards Spectre’s progress

Tali must be given a copy of the Geth data to help her complete her Pilgramage.

Must complete the Cerberus quests.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last 4 aren't important, as

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
  1. You get to choose the Council member at the start of ME2 via a dialogue option, regardless of who you chose in ME1.
  2. Garrus's ME1 convos and mission have no bearing.
  3. Tali's mission has no bearing (as far as I can tell - I'm pretty sure ME2 assumes you gave her the data, if it is ever even mentioned).
  4. Again, no bearing. ME2 assumes you have a knowledge of Cerberus from ME1.

You get to choose the Council member at the start of ME2 via a dialogue option, regardless of who you choose in ME1.

I suppose that is true as well.

Garrus's ME1 convos and mission have no bearing.

Really? I thought it gave a couple new dialogue options as well as affecting the general way Garrus acts in the game.

Tali's mission has no bearing (as far as I can tell - I'm pretty sure ME2 assumes you gave her the data, if it is ever even mentioned).

Again, no bearing. ME2 assumes you have a knowledge of Cerberus from ME1.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to correct or come across as a know-it-all, but that is untrue. It does give you extra dialogue at several points in the game (subtle, but still there).

But as DarthParametic pointed out, they are not important to the story line. However, I agree with both of you that the Tali’s mission and Garus’ mission do add a little extra dialogue. Nice for impression, but completely irrelevant to game play.

I could almost give you the save you want ZimmerMaster, except Shepard is female and her name on that playthrough is Jada. Plus my saves are on the 360. :(

Well...I have avoided this thread like the plague as to not give away any of the story...and now I can finally join in since I finished today.

I saved everyone in my crew except for Jack...I couldn't figure out how to get her "loyal" to me after that fight she had w/ Miranda and even though I was 100% "good," I couldn't access the one dialogue option to get her back. It sucked...but I'm not gonna lie...I didn't like Jack or the character role, anyway.

I also basically told the Illusive Man to suck it and blew up the station...

I loved every moment of this game. I have never gone through a game like that before. I don't really ever play a game for more than an hour or so at a time...but I'd find myself starting at noon and playing until dinner time (or even longer!). Bioware has made itself yet another wonderful masterpiece, and I hope that the final chapter of the trilogy brings together what made the first two games so amazing and stuns us.

There didn't seem to be as many 'difficult' choices that affected who would survive and who wouldn't in this game...however, I know that a lot of the choices that I made in this game will affect the setting or even the outcome of the 3rd ME...and to me...that is mind-boggling that a video game could tie all of these things together.

I think it'll be interesting to see how all of these interests (love, for the good of the mission, human-interests, cerberus, alliance, council, etc.) come together for the final game...

I finally realize that Bioware has created a truly amazing work of art and a sci-fi epic that can even be compared to Lucas' Star Wars. Finales in trilogies usually turn out to be my favorite in the series, and I have the highest confidence that Bioware will not disappoint.

You know you have a good piece of entertainment when you keep thinking about it after you've walked away from it. Truly fantastic work, Bioware.

Ugh...I really wish there was another ME for me to play right now because I'm gonna miss good storytelling like that until the next one comes out...

I guess it's on to Red Dead Redemption...

I'm sorry, I don't mean to correct or come across as a know-it-all, but that is untrue. It does give you extra dialogue at several points in the game (subtle, but still there).
Have you tried it with an ME1 save that didn't do the side missions to see if the dialogue is still there or not?

May be late but this game has a completely new feel than the first one the textures, acting and atmosphere they stepped the game up in this version now how do you make ME 3 better

On a side note This game is way better with the physics option on

From a quick check around there seems to be no difference for Garrus. The only change for Tali is when you first meet her on Freedom's Progress and she asks if it is really you that you can say something along the lines of "Remember when I gave you that data for your Pilgrimage?". I did also see one reference to a second slightly different line when you recruit her, but I couldn't find any particulars on it. Possibly it is in one of Tali's journal recordings rather than direct dialogue, assuming it is actually true.

I might try it out for myself, as the Tali one (the first part at least) shouldn't take long to confirm.

Edit: Hrmm..might be harder than expected. Seems all the downloadable ME1 saves that specifically mention the Tali side-quest gave her the data. Urgh. I'm sure one of my speed run saves didn't do her quest - will have to trawl through them all.

From a quick check around there seems to be no difference for Garrus. The only change for Tali is when you first meet her on Freedom's Progress and she asks if it is really you that you can say something along the lines of "Remember when I gave you that data for your Pilgrimage?". I did also see one reference to a second slightly different line when you recruit her, but I couldn't find any particulars on it. Possibly it is in one of Tali's journal recordings rather than direct dialogue, assuming it is actually true.

I might try it out for myself, as the Tali one (the first part at least) shouldn't take long to confirm.

Edit: Hrmm..might be harder than expected. Seems all the downloadable ME1 saves that specifically mention the Tali side-quest gave her the data. Urgh. I'm sure one of my speed run saves didn't do her quest - will have to trawl through them all.

If you need a save that did not do Tali's quest, I have one if you want it.

Got sidetracked by other stuff, but I eventually found a save. The line mentioned above is indeed limited to saves that have done the quest, so I stand corrected on that. Not sure I want to play through to her recruitment to check on the other line though. Either way, you aren't exactly missing much and besides, pretty much every downloadable save has her quest done anyway.

Got sidetracked by other stuff, but I eventually found a save. The line mentioned above is indeed limited to saves that have done the quest, so I stand corrected on that. Not sure I want to play through to her recruitment to check on the other line though. Either way, you aren't exactly missing much and besides, pretty much every downloadable save has her quest done anyway.

Yeah, that is true. It is not so much Tali's quest as it is with the character build, sacrifices and romances. I like Kaiden showing up in the prologue and I don't like the romances because they have no bearing on the second game except that little picture gazing scene. Plus I like being open in the second game because I want to see how it plays out in the second game now that I've seen and played through all of the romances (I'm very social with my crew so all I have to do if I go with one romance, I save just before the final scene then play through a romance, then I reload then break off one then go with another and so on.)

• 2 weeks later...

Overlord is now available for download along with 1.2 patch for the PC:D I'm gonna have to try it out right now:p

The latest Mass Effect 2 DLC has been released! Overlord is now available on the Xbox 360 and the PC. Overlord contains 5 new levels and two new achievements. For more details visit the DLC section of the site and watch the promo video.

Patch 1.02 for the PC has also been released today. A complete changelog is available on our forums and you can download it on the Mass Effect 2 patches page.

I just finished the Overlord DLC and I must say, this is my favorite DLC quest to undertake.

Oh yes i finished a long time ago but yeah it's my favourite too:D Especially that music........i'm not sure why but i just fell in love with it

Oh yes i finished a long time ago but yeah it's my favourite too:D Especially that music........i'm not sure why but i just fell in love with it

My favorite part is

when you destroy the supports for the dish antennae and Shepard says, "You have got to be kidding!" as the entire dish gives way.

I burst out laughing at that.

Well, it was an OK DLC. Overpriced, as most DLCs out there, but still OK. While the plot premise isn't anything near original, or interesting, the way the plot unfolds was pretty good and the final plot twist was excellent and made the whole quest to destroy SkyNet... err, Overlord worth the time spent. Plus, it has Simon Templeman. :D

Archived