Home

LucasCast: Episode 1

Lynk Former

How do you rate this episode of LucasCast?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode of LucasCast?

• 5 - Excellent!
    • 4 - It was very good.
    • 3 - It's okay.
    • 2 - You guys can do a lot better.
    • 1 - It sucked!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@ Lynk - confused about LucasArts? Aren't we all. That whole "two games a year" came from ex-president Jim Ward though. As far as I know LucasArts hasn't communicated anything about their business plan since Darrell Rodriguez took over last April so who knows if the two games a year thing is still true or not. I'm very much interested if you can get someone from LucasArts on a future LucasCast to see if they'll open up on the subject. :nod:

Oh yeah, I choose to blame that little bit of information on Jeff :p But either way, what LA has been up to in recent years has been hard to understand... and we really do need someone from LA to try to explain to us what it is they're trying to do...

RE: cancellation of PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of SoK - anybody questioning the continued viability of the Ronin engine (combined DMM, euphoria, and Havok technologies) that LucasArts built and first used on TFU and that was also supposed to be used on the same platforms for SoK? Perchance last June LucasArts cut loose too many of the devs that worked on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of TFU to make SoK happen on those platforms now but seriously, does anybody think we're going to see another LucasArts game that uses this engine? Looks to me like it could very well be one and done with TFU.

I'm thinking other game developers may end up using their technology at some point in the future... as for LucasArts themselves, as stated above... who knows what they're thinking at the moment.

Really enjoyed the inaugural LucasCast and hearing everybody's voices. Lynky's accent is the best by far. :D

It's great hearing all of this positive feedback... but it's a little hard to understand how people are picking out my accent from the rest. I thought leXX's accent would be the one everyone would comment about.

QFE. Its a right barrel of laughs sometimes when you're the only British person playing a game with voice capabilities in a room full of Americans. I love spinning them into a right lingo tangle on whatever I'm playing, although sometimes it's too easy to be proud of.

They say they speak English though in truth, they don't...:xp:

HEY, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey... watch it there buddy. I'm Australian.

And yeah, without Groov, none of this would've happened in the first place.

Also, '99 posse gonna pwn you n00bs :p

Also, '99 posse gonna pwn you n00bs :p

you have such a youthful vigour in your voice Lynk. You must have joined when you were 8 surely :D

Voicewise, I often get mistaken for my old man, who is a gruff 61 year old.. :(

You all sound so extremely american...save 1 or 2 people

Yeah that hit my ears too. There must be some regional accent going on there. I think alot of TV we get out here has some NY accent which is why Niners sounded a bit more familiar(without sounding like a Brooklyn mobster of course)

I'd love to hear your hybrid belgo-scottish accent negsun :D My Cypriot Turkish accent is strongest when Im speaking Turkish of course, but does creep into my English in casual conversation, not so much at work when Im sustaining a 8 hour poilte phone voice. (Cant swear much in a public health centre)

of course lexx and lynk hardly sound american. I was expecting a little more of a foreign flavour in Lynks accent. Any other aussies listening would have picked up he was from Melbourne.

Also, Jae sounds exactly like a TV/movie character I know, but I don't remember who it is

yes, yes! I cant match the name with the voice... its a character from a sitcom ....thats as close as I can get atm edit: I think I got it ! ... Laurie Metcalf which most people will remember as 'Aunt Jackie' on Roseanne. Jae mentioned Chicago, and Laurie is from the same state(IL) so I hope Ive picked the regional accent right! (IIRC Groovy is also from this state)

mtfbwya

Everyone knows the true crew is the 2002 brigade. :D

I think this a great step for LF. It was kinda weird, but cool at the same time, hearing your voices. I haven't listened to all of it yet, but what I did listen to, I enjoyed a lot. Keep it up! And props to whoever proposed this idea.

Maybe if it really catches on, you can have guest speakers. Anyone could do really, I'm not expecting George Lucas.

Great job guys.

Oh she'll be doing a lot with her eyes, I can tell you that!

About time someone did...:rofl:

Anyway, less about my penis now.

HEY, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey... watch it there buddy. I'm Australian.

It's not always about you, Lynk. :xp:

I've listended to it twice now, and despite my pre-judgment that it was going to be full of self bloated narcissism, I actually enjoyed it. Keep it up :)

podcast 's great! it serves the purpose very well: "carrying LF around in your pocket". loved it.

it was a bit hard to assign the voices to each of the cast... got kinda jumbled ip a bit between groovy and moeler...

oh, and is it just me or did it seem like lexx was being talked over repeatedly in the first half or so of the 'cast....

podcast 's great! it serves the purpose very well: "carrying LF around in your pocket". loved it.

it was a bit hard to assign the voices to each of the cast... got kinda jumbled ip a bit between groovy and moeler...

oh, and is it just me or did it seem like lexx was being talked over repeatedly in the first half or so of the 'cast....

Nah it is true. We DID talk over each other a great deal. We have only done one test run, and one actual podcast. We are still trying to get used to each other, and not cut each other off. Something we are working on. When we record these things, we also try to type to each other to not cut each other off, but sometimes it is hard. We hope to iron that out in future recordings. We will get it right eventually. Thanks for your patience, glad you enjoyed it!

Also, little known fact... Not that it matters...

When I recorded the cast, I had worked an 11 hour day, and had a bad cold, but it is hard for us to get together on any other day due to the time zone differences. No thanks to the medication in me, I stumbled around a lot during my bits, and I am sorry for that. I am actually quite impressed at how much Niner salvaged from the wreckage. Next one should be better. I will be well rested. I am not working this Sunday. So we will be recording this evening, and the finished product should be out in a week. I think 3/8 was the projected date. Thanks for your feedback, and glad you enjoyed our show! :D

Also, while I'm not a shy person, I prefer not to talk if I don't have to... I'm okay with conversational stuff but suck when it comes to talking by myself about anything lol. There were a few moments that were cut out of the podcast where I screwed up... though you got to hear one at the end thanks to the blooper thing we have going XD

My voice inspires rage, mental anguish and feelings of revolution and anarchy. ;D

And erections.

Normally it's his cross-dressing and the way he giggles which inspires that last one. At least, it's always had that effect on me, anyway.

On a slightly less creepy side note, you guys should totally track down Darklighter for the podcast. That boy has one hell of a smexy radio voice.

As it turns out, the side note wasn't even remotely less creepy

Archived