Home

Alien vs Predator

leXX

Which is better?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Alien
    • Predator

With regard to all the movies in each series, which are the better, and why?

My vote is for Alien.

Alien has some of the best horror/action to ever grace the screen. The xenomorphs are chilling, and the design by H.R. Giger is hard to beat. Ridley Scott knows suspense. Alien was the first film I ever remember keeping me on the edge of my seat.

When it comes to the second film, Aliens, I don't think you'll find a better script. Some of the quotes from that film are just pure brilliance, and the space marines are bad ass.

Sigourney Weaver was truly awesome as Ripley. A normal ship captain, thrown into the crap, and against all odds, survives.

Imho, The Alien Saga are some of the best films ever made.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now for the opposing side....:D

Alien is cool, yes....but the Predator films, absolutley amazing.

For instance, the first one...starts off with 'Arnie' and a squad of Elite Mercenaries, on a mission to find a recon chopper that failed to report in, probably due to Columbian Rebels. They are armed to the teeth with weapons that make the Terminator look like a Sunday School Picnic{well...almost:D}

They find the rebels, and totally annihilate them...but unknown to them, they are being watched.....and stalked by a strange creature/hunter that left previously found dead guys without skin.....only one person in Arnie's squad feels they're being watched, but there is no time to stop and search for it because they have to be extracted from the area......and that is probably when the fun begins.:D

Predator practically invented that type of plot...pure genius..:D

Now, for the Predator. He's an Alien, who's like 7 feet tall, awesome face, with really cool blades on both arms, an awesome gun on his shoulder, and a mask that reminisces of Darth Vader, only better. Then his face is just awesome....did I mention that?:D There's alot more awesomeness than that, though.....

Alien FTW

Sigourney Weaver was truly awesome as Ripley.
First mainstream U.S. action movie I remember the female character being the brightest and the bravest and not just used as eye candy. Although she was not the captain, I believe Tom Skerritt’s character Dallas had that honor. Although she assumed that roll as the deaths among the crew mounted.

Alien and Aliens are two of the better American films ever produced, although besides Ripley and the Alien they have very little in common.

Predator is a fine movie and stands on its own, but Predator 2 killed the franchise. (Which is difficult for me to say with Danny Glover, Bill Paxton and Maria Conchita Alonso in it).

I love them both but;

Alien clearly...

Facehuggers can pawn predators - besides, though Predators do kick ass, they are not scary, you can understand a predator, to an extent you can negotiate with them and if you act like a coward you are safe. You can't negotiate with the Alien - if your lucky your just food...

I love them both but;

Alien clearly...

Facehuggers can pawn predators - besides, though Predators do kick ass, they are not scary, you can understand a predator, to an extent you can negotiate with them and if you act like a coward you are safe. You can't negotiate with the Alien - if your lucky your just food...

You see!! That is why Predator is better. He has a sense of honor! Not to mention civilization....Aliens are nothing but mindless beasts who only want to eat people and use face-huggers...the Predators can be negotiated with...to certain degree, but in the end, the Predator almost always kills the prey, no matter what. Unless the prey is Arnold Schwarzeneggar:D

You see!! That is why Predator is better. He has a sense of honor! Not to mention civilization....Aliens are nothing but mindless beasts who only want to eat people and use face-huggers...the Predators can be negotiated with...to certain degree, but in the end, the Predator almost always kills the prey, no matter what. Unless the prey is Arnold Schwarzeneggar:D

Aliens aren't mindless beasts - the Alien Queens are stated as having a higher IQ than most humans. I think you need to read Alien lore before you start making comments like the above.

The fact a Predator can be negotiated with and has honour, means it is the 'better and nicer' adversary, both of which mean the Alien is both more lethal and scarier. Furthermore, the Alien film, is unique in its concept, Predator is not unique. Can anyone name me another film like Alien? I certainly can't think of one, I can think of quite a few films that are similar to Predator.

Aliens aren't mindless beasts - the Alien Queens are stated as having a higher IQ than most humans. I think you need to read Alien lore before you start making comments like the above.

The fact a Predator can be negotiated with and has honour, means it is the 'better and nicer' adversary, both of which mean the Alien is both more lethal and scarier. Furthermore, the Alien film, is unique in its concept, Predator is not unique. Can anyone name me another film like Alien? I certainly can't think of one, I can think of quite a few films that are similar to Predator.

Well, concerning the first part, I am obviously biased in opinion, heh:D

Better and nicer? Better and nicer?! Did I convey that? Oy.....

I think Predator is scarier due to not only his physique as a monster, but he is obviously smarter in his actions. Perhaps Aliens have a high IQ and are quite scary, but still, they seem more brutal, not calculating, at least in the way Predators are. Concerning Predator's plot, that movie was one of the films to invent that kind've plot. Other films have copied off of that idea, Alien is more difficult to emmulate, which is good, but still, Predator is awesomer:D

Well, concerning the first part, I am obviously biased in opinion, heh:D

Better and nicer? Better and nicer?! Did I convey that? Oy.....

I think Predator is scarier due to not only his physique as a monster, but he is obviously smarter in his actions. Perhaps Aliens have a high IQ and are quite scary, but still, they seem more brutal, not calculating, at least in the way Predators are. Concerning Predator's plot, that movie was one of the films to invent that kind've plot. Other films have copied off of that idea, Alien is more difficult to emmulate, which is good, but still, Predator is awesomer:D

Archived