Home

The first ever "Swamp Food Thread"

Darth Groovy

Niner is going to pounce all over this thread like a cat on a laser light pointer.

In this thread, we will discuss foods and drinks we like that once were, but are no more. AND we must try to find pictures of each... But since not all of you are as old as I am, I will not limit this thread to things that are new, but may not be around forever...

On to my thread!

At one point I drank gallons of Pepsi Black Cherry Vanilla Jazz. Now it be nowhere. Oh it was delicious and mixed really well with silver Rum... This stuff was actually around for a long time. A couple of years if memory serves me right.

1.jpg

Yeah that's the stuff right there...smooth as a baby's behind....

Anyways!

I take you back to 1986, I was about 12 years old, and I used to mac on this cereal for breakfast called "Rocky Road". It's breakfast equivalent to a diabetic coma. No, there were no fancy toys inside, but a bowl full of chocolaty goodness instead. The marsh mellows were covered with chocolate and nuts. Sometimes I would even throw a couple of spoonfuls of nestle quick on top of it just to make it more interesting. Then I would become "The Great Cornholio" and I was off to school. I was in the marching band back then, so I would go to school from 7 to 3, and then off to band practice from 4 to 6. That is a long day, and I needed all the energy I could get. In a world before energy drinks, what could I do right?

3509471068_c54468a6e1.jpg

About a hundred years ago....ok well the 90's may as well be a hundred years ago. From 1990 to the early mid 90's, We had a candy called PB Max. We can only guess that the PB stood for Peanut Butter which the candy had a lot of, and I mean real creamy peanut butter like the stuff you put on toast and sandwiches, not the surgery stuff that you find in a Reese's. Plus it was filled with whole peanuts and covered in thick chocolate fudge! That was some damn fine candy though...

300px-PB_Max.JPG

400px-PBMax.jpg

Kinda makes ya drool no?

I will post more as they come to me. Post on peeps!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm way too young for this thread.

:(

Ok, well how about this!

Have you tried these?

spicy-sweet-chili-doritos-review.jpg

Sounds gross I know... I discovered these by accident. I grabbed the nearest Doritos bag I could find at Subway, and only when I got back to work did I realize the flavor. But they are tangy and delicious. I don't assume they will be around that long. Doritos have come in many flavors over the years. This is one of many, but I suggest you try them.

510V80QGJDL__SS500_.jpg

I'm not sure if they are still around but you never see these anymore, they were super popular at the lunch table when I was in elementary school.

I know there is more that I just can't think of right now, more later maybe.

Haven't seen this brand for a long time.

Barrelhead_1.jpg

Also, pre-Wendy's, Roy Rogers had some of the best fast food burgers and their Roast Beef sandwich was better than Arby's. While still in existence, I've not seen any of them short of maybe a highway rest stop.

I got excited at first I thought this was going to be just a general foodie thread... D=

I know they're still manufactured in other countries, but my god I miss Crispy M&M's

crispymm.jpeg

T.T

I once ate so many of those when I was like 10 that I vomited them up later....

Yeah...

Anyway, Pepsi Throwbacks are pretty much gone, but I was able to get some that were still in the back of the store I worked at. Limited edition indeed.

Two Words: Five Times.

I must immediately repress any feelings and memories I may possess for a food item once it is no longer readily available to me, lest my righteously fueled rage be unleashed on the streets of middle America. As such, I can only offer up a recently departed food item.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you, the Volcano Taco. This baby was heaven wrapped in a crispy shell and garnished with a sprinkling of cheese, radio active lava sauce, and the cream of the sours.

VolcanoTaco.jpg

Here's a cross section of this bad boy:

TB+Volcano+Taco+007+Diagram.jpg

And here is the ideal food paired with it and the resulting full body reaction:

volcano-taco.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you, the Volcano Taco. This baby was heaven wrapped in a crispy shell and garnished with a sprinkling of cheese, radio active lava sauce, and the cream of the sours.

VolcanoTaco.jpg

Taco Bell always has the best occasional things. A while back, when I lived next door to a Taco Bell, they had this enchilada burrito that was serious nom.

i2dw5nf19jvchns5vYnyDu19o1_r1_500.jpg

Dear god...is that a gourmet luther burger?

What has sicence done!?

Anyhow, I totally agree with Surge, Crispy M&Ms, and Midnight Black Mt. Dew. All where amazing. Vault is close to Surge, but not quite right.

All I can think of right now that hasn't been mentioned was this thing sonic used to have, can't remember what they called it, but it was basically just a big ass cup of their icecream with hueg liek xbox hueg chunks of cookie dough mixed in and whipped cream on top. It was delicious.

Anyway, Pepsi Throwbacks are pretty much gone, but I was able to get some that were still in the back of the store I worked at. Limited edition indeed.

I had one at a local music festival a few days ago. They were free to us in the sponsors tent because they were due to expire in a week. RIP Pepsi Throwback :(

Also Dunkaroos and Pepsi Jazz were so good.

Every gas station I've been into along some of the interstates I've been driving on still have tons, had one yesterday.

Archived