Home

Quanons Crazy Projects!

Quanon

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of the pics of the expanded Korriban remind of Tatooine

In what way, if I may ask. Is it all the sand ?

Or something else, I'm curious :p

You finally made your WIP thread then, eh Q?

You've been saying you're going to for long enough. :p

@Everyone else: those Aqualaris areas look even better when you're actually ingame. ;)

Tssss, don't spoil it for everyone you!

And yeah I finanly came clean :lol:

Heyy, since Aquilaris is a custom module, couldn't you put it in both K1 and TSL? I only have K1, but would it be possible to put it in both games?

I know that some of the NPCs would look different, but it seems like the basic concept would be the same.....

Well, TSL was chosen, because it offered more scripting power... or so GM made me believe. It also had to do I thought I could make this the BoS:SR mod for TSL, but.... that's perhaps taken it to far :lol:

I can't promise you anything. As Aqualaris is well, more at the back now. I'm not certain how fast I'll shift back to that.

Now I do have a minor news/ update thing.

My PC has now been rendering for 2 days to get a small movie ready.

A fly through the canyon model. Its not that long but rendering takes time.

A lot of time.

Of course I could "waste' that time on getting the model in the game, but I just love doing these things. Plus I had to help around the house, these last 2 days, so I couldn't sit behind my PC anyway.

Anyway 2 sections of the little movie are ready, got about 3 to 4 more to do.

It takes like +- 4 minutes to render 1 frame. And I have 600 frames.

Well, it comes down to about +- 6 hours a part. Jolly :p

My PC has now been rendering for 2 days to get a small movie ready. A fly through the canyon model. It's not that long but rendering takes time. A lot of time.

Of course I could "waste' that time on getting the model in the game, but I just love doing these things. Plus I had to help around the house, these last 2 days, so I couldn't sit behind my PC anyway.

Anyway, 2 sections of the little movie are ready, got about 3 to 4 more to do.

It takes like +/- 4 minutes to render 1 frame. And I have 600 frames.

Well, it comes down to about +/- 6 hours a part. Jolly :p

So . . .. about 24 hours plus the time it takes it to upload the whole thing somewhere?

Some nice stuff there Quanon. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Héhéhé, well, the temple, I think its a roman thing, in the movie was based on this real place, somewhere in the middle east... IIRC.
That would be Petra, located in current day Jordan. It was originally an Arabic city, but the Romans took it over (which ultimately lead to its demise).

So . . .. about 24 hours plus the time it takes it to upload the whole thing somewhere?

Hahahaha, yeah, the 2 parts I have now are 150 Mb together. Once I got it all I'll need to "glue" it together and dumb it on youtube or something. Quality will be lost a bit though.

No matter :)

That would be Petra, located in current day Jordan. It was originally an Arabic city, but the Romans took it over (which ultimately lead to its demise).

Héhéhé, thanks for the cool linky :D

Quanon it looks like korriban looks as if it's tatooine because the look of the buildings,their color,all the sand and it looks a little too cheery to be korriban .

Well how dark and gloomy can you make an outside module, when its light out?

I'm can be sure that when your inside, it won't be "cheery". ;)

hooo-leeee ****. those look incredible!

is the Aqualaris project based off Bioshock in any way? and the modules also remind me of Mass Effect.

did i mention these are amazingly amazing?

Héhhéhé, I did play a lot of Mass Effect and I did like the sleek look of certain things in that game. I also wanted to go for this white look, like you have in princess Leieas ship at the start of EP IV.

Never played Bioshock, but GM was a huge fan, so things might have snuck in that way :)

Your WIPs look magnificent Quanon, it's amazing how far KotOR modding has been able to grow in spite all the limited resources. You guys do tremendous work!

Also thanks for still doing things for K1; I detest TSL, so I am so grateful to all the modders who continue to mod the original game with such quality content as BoS and now your amazing looking expansion of Korriban.

I eagerly await to see where you take the expansion :)

Yep, it did, along with a bunch of other planets. Have you ever played it, or did you just forget about it? ;)

I did play that game a lot with friends. Didn't remember much of it really. :)

Aqualaris in Episode I Racer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zfbJzf45uo

This video isn't great but it's the only one I could find.

Héhéhé, thanks for that, my planet looks mighty differant though. But, hey, my mod takes place in the old republic, a long time before Anakin and the rest :p

Quanon it looks like korriban looks as if it's tatooine because the look of the buildings,their color,all the sand and it looks a little too cheery to be korriban .

Well Korriban and Tatooine are both desert planets, but Korriban is very red/orange. Tatooine, IIRC has only very open, dunes in the game.

And has more brown tones.

Now this is out door, and its less open then you think :)

Though the temple interiour will be darker, though don't expect it to look like the tombs.

The temple is not a grave, it was used by the Sith for all kinds of rituals.

I'm trying to show more of the old Sith as a civilazation, not just the place where the bury there dead lords.

Anyway perhaps I better get some ingame shots :p

Your WIPs look magnificent Quanon, it's amazing how far KotOR modding has been able to grow in spite all the limited resources. You guys do tremendous work!

Also thanks for still doing things for K1; I detest TSL, so I am so grateful to all the modders who continue to mod the original game with such quality content as BoS and now your amazing looking expansion of Korriban.

I eagerly await to see where you take the expansion :)

Thanks for the support!

Kotor modding has taken a few bounds forward. Waiting on another one: lightmaps. That'll really finish the looks of our new made area models.

We're stuck with a very generale lighting and you can't really do very nice stuff with that.

Oh, I think I might have that little flythrough movie ready soon!

Tonight or perhaps tomorrow.

EDIT: Bad luck folks, me and dad where working on the attic. Replacing old insulation, when we hit an electric wire, a nice flash effect and we where in the dark.

So my render was interrupted by that accident, was already 7 hours into it, just needed to do 11 frames, but alas!

Anyway, I'll concentrate on the walkmesh tonight and then look when to finish that last long render. :)

Well, time for a little update!

I finished the rendering of my short, very short, movie.

It'll take you through the biggest section of my canyon.

Note that there still some mistakes in the model and I know they're there :p

Aswell those blue boxes, those represent NPCs, they're there for getting sizes right.

This is ofcourse a lower quality for the intrawebz, saddly that means grains in the image :(

Here it is, enjoy:

th_Korriban_CanyonRun_0002.jpg

I'll now continue to get it in the game.

Incredible work Quanon!

Where are you planning on making the entry for the new modules? I was going to recommend the back of the Shyyrak (sp?) caves but then I thought of the fact that once you get the Star Map on Korriban you can't get to those caves anymore.

Archived