Home

Quanons Crazy Projects!

Quanon

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your project is really unbelievable! I can hardly wait to play it. This will add so much to a game that already is bursting from detail, depth and intense athmosphere.

Just a small idea: although you'd written that you wanted to use as a connection to your modules a landspeeder, but how about instead of using the small opening at the back of the cave with the renegade sithstudents? (Please excuse this broken English but I myself am from Germany, I unfortunately had to use a translation program.)

I'm avoiding the cave on purpose :lol:

Else everybody will start asking what happened to the students if you follow the LS side of that quest.

I don't want to mess with that. It'll be enough of a challenge for me to get this "idea" sorted out with all the scripts and 2DA madness bound to happen if I want it done someday :p

You could....dare I say it....modify a pre-made module like the Valley to add a mountain path down to the canyon, like around where you meet lashowe.

I don't know if you really could modify a premade module, I've never seen it done before, but I think that would look better than adding a landspeeder with dialouge saying "Would you like to enter the canyon?" Like most mods I see........

"Would you like to enter the canyon?" Like most mods I see........

Well, I know most mods use this approach, though I think I could make it a little better looking. Instead of just getting the dialogue and then the loading screen, I've planned to put in a small .bik clip.

Showing the speeder speeding(pun intended? :lol:) across the wastes towards the canyon. At least that way, you'll "feel" like you've travelled a bit. :p

Its not needed to walk across 20 modules to get to one location. That's not really Kotor style :p

Though it's nice of you peeps for posting wild ideas.

Thats a good idea, it sounds polished, and realistic.

But I don't think you understand what I mean.

Like a door, there is a break in the rock barriers and you can see a path going down. And it says Korriban Canyon or whatever.

Kinda like mods that use the korriban cave exit, the only difference is that you're MAKING the exit through module editing......

However, thats my personal opinion, your idea sounds good too.

This will be absolutely amazing when it is finished. It's amazing now!

IMO, it might be nice to add some red to the sand. Right now it looks kind of like Tatooine.

;)

JuniorModder

Red = Blood :)

It's a Sith planet after all.

....wow, my mind was just blown. 0o Those are BEAUTIFUL screenshots! :)

I can actually kind of see what Slstoev meant; the architecture seems very medieval, and gothic-esque, as opposed to more of a science fiction type style. But I don't think that very much matters. The design is just breathtaking, and I prefer what Quanon has built, so far, to anything in the original release of either game.

Fantastic work, Quanon :thmbup1: I will most certainly download this, once it is finished, just so I can admire the quality work you did.:)

But I don't think you understand what I mean.

Like a door, there is a break in the rock barriers and you can see a path going down. And it says Korriban Canyon or whatever.

Kinda like mods that use the korriban cave exit, the only difference is that you're MAKING the exit through module editing......

Ah, yes, now I see :)

Well, with your idea the city and canyon are close to the academy and the valley with the big tombs.

In my mind my city and canyon are on far bigger distance, thus the need of a speeder.

Red = Blood :)

It's a Sith planet after all.

:lol: Allright I'll tweak the desert texture, it is from the Korriban set though.

I'll give a more orangy tone. It'll fit better in.

I can actually kind of see what Slstoev meant; the architecture seems very medieval, and gothic-esque, as opposed to more of a science fiction type style. But I don't think that very much matters. The design is just breathtaking, and I prefer what Quanon has built, so far, to anything in the original release of either game.

Ah, well, this city is old => ancient; so its not really Sci-fi. This was build by the real Sith, perhaps before the Dark Jedi set foot on Korriban.

I've read the Old Republic comics and found that the technology, architecture was always more based on old

civilizations here on earth.

So I stayed away from adding "modern" looks, well so to speak, Kotor is low poly modelling. Its more the textures that make it look what it is.

Also have a peak around the Korriban in K1 again, I doesn't feel and look like Mannaan or Taris, because its all about the old in SW universe.

Hope that explains it a bit better, why things look like they look. :)

Ah, yes, now I see :)

Ah, well, this city is old => ancient; so its not really Sci-fi. This was build by the real Sith, perhaps before the Dark Jedi set foot on Korriban.

I've read the Old Republic comics and found that the technology, architecture was always more based on old

civilizations here on earth.

So I stayed away from adding "modern" looks, well so to speak, Kotor is low poly modelling. Its more the textures that make it look what it is.

k. :)

I agree, it will be something new for Kotor. And I love relics and ancient cities. I can almost see Indiana Jones kicking some nazi butt between the ruins!

Quanon, I have request: could you make a Rakatan temple in a little farter than the city and reuse the models from the Rakatan temple on the Unknown world and make some new custom areas for the Rakatan temple on Korriban?

Quanon, if you're going to include Rakatan architecture - why not use that huge circular room that was in the cut module for Tattooine in Darth Insidious' K1 Lost Modules Pack? Of course, you wouldn't be able to use this section in the TSL version of this mod (because of porting issues) but at least you'd have something new to see in one of them. (Also, I always hoped that someone would finally find a use for this area.

Feel free to ignore this suggestion as you certainly have enough on your plate! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Feel free to ignore this suggestion as you certainly have enough on your plate! ;)

I won't drop Rakatan temple's into my modules, nor am I going to repair the Tatooine one. I'm sure its everybodies dream here to be able to walk around in that module. But so far the tools, Kaurora, is good at making new models: not so much on working on Bioware models.

The little program still doesn't handle certain components of the models and nor can it handle Binary to ASCII. So for that I still need to use MDLops and that does even less on area models then Kaurora.

In short you break more then you fix.

Not that I wouldn't want to do it, but I'm an ego tripper so I focus on my own stuff :xp:

So to the news I have, worked the whole afternoon to get my city into the game. And the first test run was pretty okay!

Very pleased with that, just need to fix some orientation/rotation madness on some of my meshes. As you can obviously see in the screenshots.

Minor things to fix, plus the walkmesh need to be adjusted a bit.

And this one will be 100% done! Which means I can start on the temple it self.

Now the city, like I mentioned in previous updates had a lot of polys, so I needed to dumb a lot of what I had in mind. Feel a bit sad about that as this model is now a very small one. Though it does have nice things in it. Guess that evens it out a bit.

CityKorIngame03.jpg

CityKorIngame04.jpg

CityKorIngame05.jpg

CityKorIngame07.jpg

That looks great, Quanon, you're doing a wonderful job! Can't wait to try it and explore a new, interesting and exciting area!

If I may say, I only see the road too much clean for a city in that shape. Anyway, it's a personal opinion....

Looking forward about your idea about that Temple!!!!!

Looks great. I also see you're a fan of pink. :D

Hahaha, red, pinkish, Twi'leks are tha bomb!

AMAZING! Okay, so what program are you using to make all of this?

Its called 3D studio Max, short 3Ds Max from Autodesk.

You should be so proud of yourself. 10/10 No Exaggerating!

Archived