Home

What was the last film you watched?

Are there any people on here who appreciate quality films new and old?

The last two films I watched were:

iron-man-poster2-big.jpg

I thought it was good. Actually, I had low expectations for this movie knowing that sequels tend to suck. I was rather suprised though, the story was really well thought out, and the special effects were brilliant. I would recomend it to any super hero or action movie fans. 8/10

pans_labyrinth.jpg

To be honest I didn't have a clue what to expect from this movie. I knew nothing about it, I just happened to noticed it was on free movies on demand. It was well worth the watch, though. The story, while predictable at times, was very good even though things weren't made clear in the the beginning. The special effects were good and the acting was excellent. 8.5/10

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and a unique flick called "Renaissance" with Daniel Craig were the last 2 that I watched. Both very good movies.

If you appreciate movies, you need to see the former, and if you like 'different' artistic sci-fi films, see the latter.

a unique flick called "Renaissance" with Daniel Craig were the last 2 that I watched.

I didn't know it had Daniel Craig in it. Come to think of it, I only just realised that the movie was in English and not in French. Heh.

It was good cyberpunk, but the film noir influence was too smothering, I got pretty sleepy by the third quarter.

The last one I watched: I Love You, Man.

It was an okay movie, but the most important thing is now I understand where a lot of those douchebag taglines come from. I think that's easily summed up by Maddox's You're not Dave Chappelle article.

Last one in theaters? Probably G.I. Joe. That movie was not altogether spectacular, but it did in a way remind me of Star Wars... must've been that strange underwater battle.

Let's see. Well in theatres I saw Iron Man 2 twice.

On DVD I watched:

Alien vs. Predator

The Omega Man

Escape from Planet of the Apes

The Planet of the Apes (2000 edition)

Superman

Superman II

Amazing that I found time to write my results for my pgroup project. LOL.

I didn't know it had Daniel Craig in it. Come to think of it, I only just realised that the movie was in English and not in French. Heh.

It was good cyberpunk, but the film noir influence was too smothering, I got pretty sleepy by the third quarter.

Yeah, most of the complaints came in the form of "the story isn't as nice as it is to look at." Yeah, Daniel Craig voiced the main character.

Héh just happens I went out to the cinema, had go at the new Robin Hood flick, from Mr. Ridley Scott. Wasn't a bad film, entertaining enough, though it had nothing special.

Nothing "new", not sure if that's possible in films anymore, but I felt it could've have been more. But enjoyable. Didn't feel like I wasted my money and time.

Next to that I bought some DVDs, including the Blade Trilogy. Just for the first one; as it has some nice kick-ass scénes. The other 2 sequels... lets not talk about that :lol:

Also picked up Watchmen, which I enjoyed a lot and one oldy: The magnificent seven. A western, which is a rip-off from the Seven Samourai. Still had a fun time to watch it.

Last two at the cinema were Iron Man 2 and Clash of the Titans Wasn't overly impressed by either.

Last two on Bluray Batman Begins (last night) and Unforgiven. Which was Lynk and Avery's fault. They brainwashed me in Skype talking about Westerns.

eraserhead.jpg

I watched Eraserhead not to long ago, my first David Lynch film. It was rather disturbing at times especially the end scene but you really have to appreciate how good of a job Lynch did considering his extremely low budget (made in film school).

It's on youtube if you want to watch it.

Archived