Home

What was the last film you watched?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm catching up on alot of TV shows. The last feature length film I watched was Percy Jackson. I'm not going to can it because it was exactly what it was supposed to be... a silly kids movie with mythological themes. Uma Thurman as Medusa was pretty cool tho'

Before that it was Peter Greenaway's Night Watch, for the second time in the last year. I love that movie :) I'm going through all of Greenaway's features for an article I'm working on.

I'll probably watch Kick Ass next, and Edge of Darkness is on the list too.

mtfbwya

shrek_forever_after_poster.jpg

Shrek was funny, not as good as number 2, but very entertaining

8.1/10

robin_hood25.02.10.jpg

thought it was amazing and very well done. I have no clue why it got bad reviews!

9.4/10

clash-of-the-titans-2010-movie-poster1.jpg

It was a good movie if you like action and adventure. No romance like the actual story of Perseus, and it differed a little bit from the actual myth

7.3/10

Hornblower_dvd_cover.jpg

One of the best miniseries I have ever seen! Very true to Forester's novels, with only slight variations

9.6/10

One of the best miniseries I have ever seen! Very true to Forester's novels, with only slight variations

9.6/10

I liked that too - especially Robert Lindsay as Sir Edward Pellew. I love that speech he gives when Hornblower goes aboard Indefatigable for the first time. The music is excellent too. The Mutiny and Retribution 2-parter was my favourite, I'd say.

It was a good movie if you like action and adventure. No romance like the actual story of Perseus, and it differed a little bit from the actual myth

What do you mean there was no romance? Not all romances have to be the typical Hollywood style of two people jumping each other’s bones. The relationship between Perseus and Lo was very well done. I just wish the rest of the movie would have showed the same restraint instead of being way over the top. 3 out of 10 stars

Kick-Ass: 6.5/10 - What an overrated movie...

Rewatched:

Watchmen (Director's Cut): 9.5/10 - Great masterpiece. Loyal to the novel.

Jurassic Park III - 7.5/10 - Just saw it to get ready for the Jurassic Park game that will be announced at E3.

Not a pairing of words I would have made, but to each his own...:xp:

I thought it was a good movie, overall. The original never had a "good" story anyway...

• 2 weeks later...

I rewatched The Wicker Man for the first time in a long while the other week; the 1973 original, not horse-face's remake. Strikes me that the issue with the Hollywood version is that they seemed to take this deeply flawed yet immensely brilliant (not to mention disturbing) film as being what it always says in synopses: a horror film. It isn't. It's about what we consider to be normal, and what people are prepared to do for their faith, be it Puritan Presbyterianism or a reconstructed 'Old Religion'.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

He's not cursing in that final scene, it's divine invocation. He's calling for help.

• 2 weeks later...

Matchstick Men. Even though Ridley Scott made better films; Matchstick Men is still one of the better genre mixing films I've seen in a long time, and is also one of Nicolas Cage's better films. Most of his other films are "meh" to say the least.

I've also been heavily interested in television mini-series lately. Currently, I'm following Planet Earth, and Band of Brothers; along with more traditional shows such as the sixth season of Futurama, and Doctor Who.

Archived