Home

Hey fanboys! George Lucas says STFU.

Prime

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not meant to be human - it's meant to be a Krayt Dragon roar.

Yelled by a human.

Regarding ANH, they've only "fixed" (the damn saber is not even blue yet) that specific shot, not the entire sequence.

Why did they bother in giving the ewoks new eyes, etc, and leave the sabers like that?

I don't mind most of the changes (so far, only Vader's no no and Hayden's head bothered me), but why not make some of the effects more consistent? Isn't that supposed to be the point of the SE's? Make the saga more consistent?

@ DP: I'm sure what Lucas is try to convey with this altered scene is that all of the hardcore gangbangers that existed in Ep2 were killed off by angry moisture farmers so the only type of sand people that were left were the wimpish tryhard posers.

"The sand people are easily startled, but they'll soon be back--and in greater numbers."

See, tryhard posers.

"You wanna fight, bro?! You wanna fight?! Fine, we'll be back with our COUSINS, bro!"

funny-date-girl-guy-true-story-meme_thumb.jpg

If I may quote someone else from another place, on the supposed "Krayt dragon" yell:

If the sandpeople thought Obi-Wan was a krayt Dragon cause of the damn sound he made when they could see him[, then they're pretty damn stupid.]

As far as the movie, free of any over-explanative EU malarkey is concerned, it was just supposed to be a spooky noise.

^He was kidding. At least, I hope he was kidding. :¬:

Why did they bother in giving the ewoks new eyes, etc, and leave the sabers like that?

Because Lucas doesn't care about improving the quality of the films. All he cares about is shoehorning his latest special-effects masturbation into them and discovering exciting new ways to piss off his fanbase.

In the end, he's just a troll.

LOL @ the comments.

lucas: i am altering these classics. pray i do not alter them any further

:D

EDIT: George's latest antics are hardly surprising at this point, and they don't detract from the fact that the guys over at originaltrilogy.com now have a true 1080p source from which to derive full-HD "despecialized" editions.

Archived