Home

Hey fanboys! George Lucas says STFU.

Prime

@ mim: We're not mindless fanboys who kiss GL's ass saying everything he does is perfect :p

You can do that if you want though, none of us will stop you.

Yeah, I'm a mindless fanboy, but that only applies to BioWare. :xp:

I just tend to ignore stuff I don't like, ie Force Unleashed. Isn't worth my time to whine and moan about insignificant nonsense, but to each his own.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 15, and when I was little, we had the original VHSseses. The new Jabba's palace songs were good, but the animation just didn't fit. The only things that I liked that they changed are Ian McDiarmid in ESB, the song at the Ewok party, and Hayden Christiansen. Just about everything else made me gag.

EDIT: Oh, yes. And Tamuera Morrison as Boba.

• 4 weeks later...
Lol the Obi-Wan thing is rape of a classic, pure and simple, but god damn if I don't piss myself laughing every time I hear it. I think I'll make it my new ringtone. Who would have thought Lucas was a comedy genius? Although I guess there was Howard the Duck.
I got that same feeling. It's completely horrifying and hilarious at the same time.

But I'm sure like most everything else on the interwebz, we're all being trolled.

Yeah, that's very likely the case, especially when one considers the uploader's comment:

NOTE: The video is not from the blu-ray, I just synced up the leaked audio clip with existing video.

But, never fear. I have no doubt that George and his flunkies will provide us with more unnecessary stupidity and the controversy that it will generate.

Count on it.

Jeez some of you guys are dramatic...

If they included the original theatrical versions of both the OT and PT with the full 6 movie Blu-ray set then I wouldn't have a problem with them changing anything and everything they want. Hell, if they want they can have Darth Vader riding a unicorn during his fight with Luke in Cloud City.

The problem I have with these changes is the fact that it's essentially a revisionists history. It's like when the US single-handedly won both world wars and every other country did NOTHING.

Of course thanks to the Internet we won't ever truly lose the original theatrical versions of these movies... but in the mind of the mainstream it'll be a forgotten memory.

I'd like to know how many people here would actually buy this set if it was exactly the way and version they want it.

Like, how many actually own a Blue-ray player, and whatnot.

Also, what the hell's with the backdraft on Obi-Wan's crazy old-guy scream? It's arguably the best-done and most warranted change since the first round.

Archived