Home

Hey fanboys! George Lucas says STFU.

Prime

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The weird thing with Carrie was she always looked kind of bleh in the actual movies, especially ROTJ (metal bikini not withstanding), but pretty hot in documentaries and other media of the time. I think it must have something to do with the makeup process. In ROTJ it looked like they literally troweled it onto her face. Possibly it could have been because she was a crack fiend and looked like death or something I guess.

"We did cocaine on the set of 'Empire', in the ice planet," Fisher told Australian newswire AAP, referring to the setting of the second film in the original "Star Wars" trilogy.

During this time, in the late 1970s, Fisher became addicted to various drugs. She appeared as Princess Leia in the 1978 made-for-TV movie, The Star Wars Holiday Special, and her drug use was quite evident from her on-screen performance. The problem became so severe that she was nearly fired from The Blues Brothers (1980) for being unable to sober up long enough to film a proper scene.

It's well known she had a substance abuse problem for many years. Never heard about Postcards from the Edge or Wishful Drinking?

Its funny how after a few years of heroic CW Anakin I don't find him nearly so annoying anymore.

Maybe they should have cast Matt Lanter as Anakin instead of Hayden Christensen in the first place (or second, when you consider Episode I, or third, when you consider Episode VI).

Regarding ANH, they've only "fixed" (the damn saber is not even blue yet) that specific shot, not the entire sequence.

Funnier still is that he's *still* bitching about there being ANY other colors (which apparently includes even THIS one) besides red, green, and blue, with the notable exception of his excellence Mr. Jackson. Part of me thinks it's just to spite us but that would disagree with the part of me that says it's just incompetence. Take your pick, incompetence, or vanity?

Why did they bother in giving the ewoks new eyes, etc, and leave the sabers like that?

IIRC Nick Gillard, playing an anagram jedi master of himself for ROTS, asked Uncle George Allmighty if he could have the luxury of a yellow saber to comemorate working with Mr. Lucas since ROTJ. Georgie-porgie said "naaaah" like a goat.

So a good working relationship on and off for 22 years is apparently not worth the honor of a small consideration. If that says anything about Uncle George's, erm, reasoning.

I don't mind most of the changes (so far, only Vader's no no and Hayden's head bothered me), but why not make some of the effects more consistent? Isn't that supposed to be the point of the SE's? Make the saga more consistent?
Yeah. But, you know, nobody is going to tell george what to do, even if it's for a small bit of consistency.

*brevity about GL's spite for fanbase*

In the end, he's just a troll.

I wish someone had the skill to put a trollface on Uncle george's body--complete with the facial hair, glasses, and middle aged double-chin.

I'd do it using this face but I don't have the skill to do it in a seemly and time effective fashion:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Trollface_by_Desdinova84.jpg

And here I was staring at their legs...
inorite?

Could we perhaps move on from discussing the delightful Carrie Fisher, and her unfortunate flaws, please?

Ok. Who thinks Nat Portman could've been better at her role?

The good news of all this is it provides a means for excellent youtube previews.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Quoted for ****ing awesome. Dude, that wins. Epic.

The good news of all this is it provides a means for excellent youtube previews.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Thank you. I feel better now.

That, and George is just a troll. Stop feeding him. Bypass him instead.

It's well known she had a substance abuse problem for many years. Never heard about Postcards from the Edge or Wishful Drinking?

Yes well I was just perplexed by your "crack fiend" remark since it was specifically cocaine that she did, which is very common. You made it sound like she was smoking freebase 24/7.

^^^ Lol

@Darth Parametric, our bet is null and void :( turns out they are real editions, but the youtube video's are fan made versions made after reading what was being added in a leaked document...

So Vader says no, but not like the video in this thread, Obi gets a new Krayt call but.. etc etc.

our bet is null and void :( turns out they are real editions, but the youtube video's are fan made versions made after reading what was being added in a leaked document...
Nice try, but you can't worm your way out of it that easy. There's no "turns out". It was stated from the start that he mated the leaked audio with 1080 HDTV video. It's not "fan made" - it's the real audio from the retail Blu-rays. Every person in this thread will expect their cheque in the mail by the end of the week. Chop chop.

NO NO NOOOO! ;) Its been stated that the youtube vids are not in anyway related/cut/chopped/taken from any Lucasfilm material, they are purely fan produced "Guesses" at what the scenes will be like...

Click It

One of the most dramatic changes, confirmed in a direct email to Tech Guide by Lucasfilm, is Darth Vader saying “no” in the climactic scene in Return of the Jedi when Luke Skywalker is being attacked the Emperor.

Lucasfilm pointed out that the scene which has been posted to YouTube and labelled as the actual clip from the Blu-ray version of Return of the Jedi is actually just a fan interpretation of the change.

The Lucasfilm spokesperson confirmed this addition of the Vader “no” and the other changes we point out below but categorically denied the YouTube representations were taken from the Star Wars Blu-ray box set.

and I said Paypal.

Archived