Home

Hey fanboys! George Lucas says STFU.

Prime

For once i agree with you Alex, its always irked me how they spent time and money to redo most scenes in the films but never bothered to make the lightsabers consistent (ie; white core, colored blur, and right color on right hilt etc) :)

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the additions to the various cityscapes, window shots etc, the only scene addition I dislike is the new musical Number in Jabba's Palace... the Original was much Better, Puppet Sy Snootles included :)

While I'm here...

Bad-

Sarlacc has a Beak, Jabba's Palace Musical, Han moving awkwardly to avoid Greedos blaster burst, Luke Screaming when falling from Bespin antenna (Fixed though in 2004 edit), CGI Jabba hanger scene, Lightsabers not fixed.

Good-

New celebration scenes and Music at the end of ROTJ, Ghost Hayden (Continuity), "Women with conjunctivitis" Emperor Palpatine Holo replaced with Ian McDiarmid in ESB, new Eisley entrance CGI, new window scenes in cloud city walkways... All I can remember up to now, been a while since I watched em all :)

As far as I'm concerned if you're freeze-framing to pick apart defects in the special effects... You're doing it wrong :carms:

I'm not. These special effects errors are the ones who make me freeze, not the other way around. :p

I wouldn't mind if we were talking about the original versions, but these are the SE. And these are defects that weren't there on past versions. Besides, what is the right way to show them, if not by pausing and printscreening?

Yeah, that lead X-Wing's engines thing has been around for as long as I can remember. It's on my VHS tapes of the unaltered OT. To me, at least, having it not like that would be very noticeable.

I do agree that the lightsabers are hideously FUBARed and extremely annoying. WTH were they thinking?

And it just occurred to me that, after releasing the excellent Star Wars Revisited fan edit, poor Adywan is going to have to go back and give the same treatment to the BluRay version.

Are you guys kidding me? Mos Eisley's intro was TERRIBLE. Was was a cluster**** on-screen where they just decided to pack as much stuff onto the frame as possible for no reason. If they're going to have the intro they need to redo it to do a better job of it.

Not all of the special edition additions were terrible, but there are obvious offenders that need to be updated.

Yeah, that lead X-Wing's engines thing has been around for as long as I can remember. It's on my VHS tapes of the unaltered OT.

That's true. But why put on every fighter except one? I just noticed it for the sake of consistency.

Hated the new music number at Jabba's Palace; I'm embarrassed to even watch it. I mean, the music isn't really at fault, it's just that f****** cartoon character's solo at the end. Hell, compared to this guy I got nothing against Jar-Jar.

se_rotj_yowza2.jpg

The same goes for the ending of RotJ, and how they replaced the stupid Ewok song with an even stupider orchestral arrangement. I mean, the scene is edited specifically for the Stormtrooper-helmet marimbas, and all of the sound effects of the celebration is basically dubbed over by the piece. Just how necessary is it, really?

Still, all of these are over-shadowed by the heresy of heresies: the replacement of kind, elderly Anakin with a demented would-be rapist.

830px-JediGhosts-ROTJ.jpg

The Jabbs song was meh for both of them, the original one was meh cause it's obviously not what was intended and you could even see it before even seeing the Special Edition that what was on-screen was not what Lucas had in mind... but what they replaced it with was a little too over the top... ugh @ the 90's rap solo. The jazz part was alright though.

I don't mind the Ewok song being replaced at the end of RotJ since in the context of the whole 6 movies it makes more sense to do a whole orchestral thing to tie it together.

As for Vader, yeah, that's a pretty big one... much bigger than all of the Lightsaber ones put together. That said, I can understand their thinking behind it, but they really should've done a few more takes for Haden and told him to cut it out with the rape face.

Are you guys kidding me? Mos Eisley's intro was TERRIBLE. Was was a cluster**** on-screen where they just decided to pack as much stuff onto the frame as possible for no reason. If they're going to have the intro they need to redo it to do a better job of it.

This.

I'd like to be able to watch my ANH DVD without skipping past those scenes, but I can't until they either remove it or redo it.

As for Vader, yeah, that's a pretty big one... much bigger than all of the Lightsaber ones put together. That said, I can understand their thinking behind it, but they really should've done a few more takes for Haden and told him to cut it out with the rape face.

I don't like watching Hayden at the end of RotJ either. But word is, he didn't even knew he was going to be in it. I believe they recorded his face between takes or something, without him even knowing.

I'll say the Hayden face replace was a bad move. I might even agree on a few other small things the remastered edition did (like the Jabba scene), but I best like the OT as it was for the most part.

While Ewoks were essetially a money making gimmick, I can't speak too badly of them as Daniel Rogers played a few of them in ROTJ. Daniel is like the uncle I never had--knew my mother in Hollywood and knew my father before he met my mother. When my parents were first together they'd go up to Eureka where the "Endor moon" scenes were being filmed to visit him.

This.

I'd like to be able to watch my ANH DVD without skipping past those scenes, but I can't until they either remove it or redo it.

Star Wars: Revisited cuts most of that crap out.

Perfectly legal to download if you own the DVD.

@ mim: We're not mindless fanboys who kiss GL's ass saying everything he does is perfect :p

You can do that if you want though, none of us will stop you.

Yeah, I made sure to get the original remastered edition re-release on DVD awhile back just so I had a version of Star Wars that didn't have all of the extra stuff in it to remember.

I really wish they had've included it in the Blu-ray mega set but obviously they haven't since we already know what all of the extras are.

EDIT: Also, jeebus, what's happening with my spelling and grammar lately... or possibly those are just typos in my last posts, who knows...

Archived