Home

LucasArts hires back dude who worked on Republic Commando

Sabretooth

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also led to him/the US being pegged as responsible for the massacre... leading to the whole war thing, so yeah it was fairly important and not pointless. :xp:

lol, I think I missed that part because I was that disinterested with the story of MW2... as for the rest of the comments about MW2, I think the thing we can all come away from that game and the entire Call of Duty series is that it's probably best not to think too hard about the story or plot or what message they were trying to convey and just take it for what it is... which is a online multiplayer shooter. (I find that most serious CoD fans don't even bother with the campaign mode lol)

As for LA... they do need to find some kind of balance... they obvious want to keep on making games for cheap that have a high return, but they also don't want to alienate their fanbase.... at least we hope so lol... there is a median to be found, but at this stage they're at the extremes with very high production value games such as TOR and TFU and very low production value games such as... everything clone wars. *thinks* Until TOR is finally released I don't think we'll really see any kind of change in this strategy.

Either way, look forward to at least one Star Wars Kinect game no one will care about.

On the note of Kavar's... I HATE the serious discussion forums in LF... people should be spending their time talking about vidya, not world affairs and all that other unimportant stuff :carms:

Yeah, I know about Mysteries of the Sith, but it's not Mara Jade: Emperor's Hand, it's Mara Jade: Jedi Knight.

Sorry man. S*** happens. You asked for Mara Jade... :giveup:

The closest thing we'll get to emperor's hand is probably TFU or something like that. Maybe TOR.

What I'd be curious to see is if LA would try to get some controversy $$$ by putting in something along the lines of a 'kill the political protestors and make it look like a rebel attack' or 'assassinate the alien civil rights leader' bit.

Like arranging on behalf of the exchange and the techno union to get soem patsy to assassinate the Supreme Chancellor on a Taris motorspeedercade? Or a mayhem raid on Al Stardustonne's speakeasy in west Nar Shadda?

As for LA... they do need to find some kind of balance... they obvious want to keep on making games for cheap that have a high return, but they also don't want to alienate their fanbase.... at least we hope so lol... there is a median to be found, but at this stage they're at the extremes with very high production value games such as TOR and TFU and very low production value games such as... everything clone wars. *thinks* Until TOR is finally released I don't think we'll really see any kind of change in this strategy.

Bear with me I'm trying to make sense here.

I think a break-off/alienation of some kind is pretty much inevitable at this point. I mean, can anyone really go as many directions as LA has without losing (or at least warping) something important, fanbase or content?

On the note of Kavar's... I HATE the serious discussion forums in LF... people should be spending their time talking about vidya, not world affairs and all that other unimportant stuff :carms:

I have to admit lately it doesn't hold the appeal for me that it once did.

RAMIREZ! USE THE JAVELIN TO MAKE THIS THREAD LESS SERIOUS!

Ummmmm......

:D

I mean, we keep on saying the same things every time this sort of news comes around... "I hope for this, I hope for that"...
Which is why I cannot fathom why everyone is screaming for the same list of 5 games yet they do everything but.

It does not compute.

Which is why I cannot fathom why everyone is screaming for the same list of 5 games yet they do everything but.

It does not compute.

The only reasons I can really think of would be:

A: They think the fanbase is too small to justify the cost of giving it what it wants, and they can make more money selling cheap, rushed games to young children who can still love anything with a Star Wars label on it, regardless of quality.

B: They think that if they make a game we want, a few of us will buy it, complain that something was done wrong, that it's a disgrace to the series, etc. The rest of the fanbase will then ignore it, and start posting in forums about how they want a 'real' sequel.

C: Lucasarts is working to get into the Guinness book of World Records for 'Most Wasted License Potential'. And they don't like us very much.

I'm leaning towards a combination of A and B.

I just figure that since the Star Wars license is so lucrative in general (not just video games), there's plenty of money in the parent company. And since video games are becoming the most bought form of entertainment, LucasArts will be kept alive in one form or another for a very long time. If we sit and wait, enjoy other games and activities, and don't get all tense, upset, or excited, at some point, something good will come out (like a monkey with a typewriter and infinite time). And if it doesn't, we're too busy enjoying other stuff to mind much. I may post about what I hope for, or my disappointment, but I don't really let it bother me much IRL.

Odds are good Imperial Commando would be about Clones.

I'd like to see an Emperor's Hand game, personally. Preferably about Mara Jade. *Shifty*

I guess your right. Even if they are clones I'll be happy so long as the game isn't based in the clone wars. Assuming we get a game...

I think the real problem is that LucasArts doesn't have any idea what people want. Look at The Force Unleashed. *Hangs self*

I don't think LucasArts is maliciously refusing to make -good- games, I just think they're idiots.

I wouldn't doubt that lots of people actually like and enjoy playing TFU 1 and 2. Especially those kids who jizz themselves everytime they hear the word 'Jedi'.

It's funny, really, how we sit here and rant on these things yet buy the games ourselves anyway, which ultimately convinces LucasArts they made yet another good game so why not make a sequel, right? Especially if it's going to make money!

TFU seemed, story and mechanical inconsistency aside (a lightsaber should shear through enemies, not need you to whack them repeatedly with it like a baseball bat in order to kill them), like a variation on JK and JO. At least what little I played. It did not suck anywhere near as bad as Backyard wrestling 1 & 2.

I think something like this should be in the non-existent Imperial Commando.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

O_O What the ****?

I...didn't know about that... I can't decide if that is scary or awesome... I mean it does have a good performance, but Bee Arthur?

I'm...speechless.

Let's say there was never God of War, Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden and Episode III was my only reference for action games. Then I'd have liked TFU for sure.

TFU was repetitive and boring IMO

When people are making awesome games, like Batman AA and Assassin's Creed... Lucasarts effort is as basic as it possibly can.

And it look's even worst when you think that we had JK2 almost a decade ago...

Archived