Home

Me, The Husband. (wow)

obi

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Obi...I'm glad you think you've found your 'true love', and I wish you lots of happiness together.

However, I'd have to agree with some of the other posters here...take a step back and really think about your decision for a moment. I too have seen too many young people rush into marriage too soon, and pay the price for it later on - either in terms of their relationship or personal happiness.

You sometimes have to make some personal sarifices when you get married...and even more when you decide to have children. I'd advise you to look carefully at all of the things you personally want to do and achieve, and you need to discuss with your future partner how you're going to fulfill your dreams. Basically...you haven't even really lived yet.

Of course, there's no reason why you can't go off and do all of the things you want to do while being married, as long as your partner is okay with that.

Anyway, there's no hard and fast rule that says you have to get married any time soon. I proposed to my wife 3 years before we eventually tied the knot, and it was another 4 years before we both decided we wanted kids. You can take your time with these things - and never give in to peer pressure. You have to live your life the way you want to live it, and not do what others perceive is correct or proper.

So have a great life, and I hope you're both happy together. :thumbsup:

NO, OBI! DON'T DO IT! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!... j/k:D .

congrats, obi. I think it's really nice that you've found someone you love enough to spend the rest of your life together with. though I do think you should stay engaged for a few years, just to see how things are then. you don't want to be married and still living with you're parents(omg, scary thought:eek: ):p. after you're out of school you should move in together(without doing the naughty:naughty: ) and see how long you two can stand each other during your morning routines (my girlfriend would be leaving before I got up:( ). so if you can take the good with the bad, then you know you've found you're true love. I wish you all the best, obi:thumbsup:

greedo

ps, I driving down for the wedding:D

Originally posted by obi-wan13

Hey Matt, I want the Legolas model and the Helms Deep map as a wedding gift:D :D :D

Thanks for your support, guys! :D

Hey no probs obi except for Helm's Deep, but I'll throw in a Legolas sword sound good?:D

Get your wife to come here and become Obi-Wan14 then your kids'll be 15,16,17,18 :p

Originally posted by kstar__2

darky, i thought you where 16:confused:

I am;)

If you know she is definitely the right person, that you couldn't picture yourself being happier with anyone else, then go for it. You have to think responsibly, but love is a many splendid thing, love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love! (Hey, I shoulda been a French Bohemian Revolutionist;):D)

Well, first I have to ask you exactly what this proposal was. Was it the "Someday when you and I are both absolutely sure we're ready, I'd be honoured if you'll marry me", or the "As soon as I'm legal age and your legal age, WE'RE GETTING MARRIED" kind of proposal, as you weren't too clear on it. Personally, I'm somewhat hoping you don't mean the latter. I have no problem whatsoever with the first one, *points to "Promise Ring" on his own left hand* it's the second one that kind of gets me.

Marriage is as someone else mentioned a HUGE step, and something that shouldn't be taken lightly. Don't get me wrong, I'm very, very happy for you that you have found "the one", and that you both love each other enough to want to marry. But take your time, that's all I ask. You're still young yet, and you both have all the time in the world. There's so much you should do first, get an education, get some more life experience, see the world, so many things. So many. Marriage will severly limit all these things, and if you love each other as much as I think you do, you'll realize that getting married right now is most likely not the best thing for you both.

The advice I just gave you is the same that people once gave me. We weren't talking of getting married right then and there, but we were basically ready to screw up our futures in order to move in together and just get crappy jobs instead of going to university and creating a better life for ourselves. But then we agreed that it would be better for both of us to accomplish certain things first, as we could always get married later. Maybe we all read it wrong, and you did actually mean that you made a "Someday..." proposal, not a "right now" proposal.

I'll support and stand by any decision you make, and hell, hopefully every naysayer in here is wrong and you two will have a wonderful, long, happy marriage, as that's what I truly hope for. All I'm saying is, give it some thought, give it some time, and basically, just make sure you are both without a doubt ready. *raises a glass* Here's to you kid.beerchug.gif

You can get married anytime Jake, but you're only young once...

Just remember that.

Listen to the Rebmeister:)He lurks up the top of the forum an awful lot, but the guy knows what he's talking about;)

*ducks a punch from Reb*

Sorry about my last post, didn't mean to be so jokey:(Seriously though Obi, if you weren't getting married right away (and I had enough time to save up some money and become an adult) I'd fly to the wedding, no joke:)

Obi. I may be 14, but if theres one thing I know about love its that:

If you truly like someone....dont mess it up. I learned that when I messed up with me Girlfriend in 5th grade (Yes...5th Grade! :p)

But, Congradulations! I hope you guys have a good life together! :)

I'm not stupid, I know that I won't get married as soon as possible. My proposal was just a question of "Will you stay by my side the rest of my life?"

I know you guys care, but some posts were just, well....rude....not naming any names....but uh...yea....

Anyway, Thanks to all for your 2 cents!

(especially you, Reb, you hot rod you :p )

Originally posted by obi-wan13

I'm not stupid, I know that I won't get married as soon as possible. My proposal was just a question of "Will you stay by my side the rest of my life?"

I know you guys care, but some posts were just, well....rude....not naming any names....but uh...yea....

Anyway, Thanks to all for your 2 cents!

(especially you, Reb, you hot rod you :p )

I hope mine wasn't rude. :(

Archived