Home

My girlfreind wants me to get my tongue pierced...

Darth Groovy

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Good to know we've made you rethink this whole thing.

Just talk to her. :)

You guys are like family to me. Trust me, I AM going to talk to her about it, probably this evening. I will keep you posted. And wether or not she will do it, will be the determining effect on why or why I don't get it done!

Thanks guys, your the greatest! :cool:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pain wouldn't bother me...I found and transended my pain threshold in a dentist's chair...but I don't think I'd ever do something like that to my body to please anyone else. My view is that my body is my own, I have to live with it all my life, and I would only do something to it (like tattoos or piercing), if I really wanted to do it. I guess you've got to make up your own mind about it, Groovy. :) Good luck, whatever your decision. ;)

Not many people want to tatoo or pierce themselves.

But they'll gladly choke themselves on burgers, fries and chocolate, f*ck themself up in street fights and sit 8 hours a day in front of a screen in total apathy.

Originally posted by C'jais

Not many people want to tatoo or pierce themselves.

But they'll gladly choke themselves on burgers, fries and chocolate, f*ck themself up in street fights and sit 8 hours a day in front of a screen in total apathy.

Hey I resent that! My apathy's only partial I'll have you know! ;):p I know what you mean though.

Plus the fact that I've got a tatt and piercings as well as doing the apathy thing ;) I guess that makes me special or something.

B.

I have a few friends who've done it....they actually said it didn't hurt atall, I personally am too scared for it.....and I think having a metal rod through my tongue would bug the hell out of me.....but everything I hear is that the pain is minimal......

I know ANOTHER guy however.......who had a........different part of his anatomy pierced.......and THAT apparently hurt a LOT!!

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Well I will not go into detail about why she wants me to have this done, because it is not appropriate for the forums. I agreed to have it done. I have three tattoos, but never had a hunk of metal inserted permanently into my body. So I was curious if anyone on here has had it done, or something similar. I also play to pierce my ear in the same spot that Darth Maul has his. I have a feeling i'm gonna scream like a baby. Like I said, tattoos are different...

I don't know, help me out on this one?:confused:

tongue rings are pretty cool. but they are usually for girls. but meh go for it if you want. it doesnt hurt. i got mine peirced but decided not to wear the ring so it grew back.

Hey, Darth Groovy, I had a siter-in-law who did that to her tongue. It lasted a few short months, and then she removed it.

When she was wearing it, her speech sounded like she was trying to speak without using her tongue. It continually banged into her teeth, causing concern about dental damage. And then there is the risk of permanent nerve damage to her tongue. The final straw, for her, is that she and her husband had a child, and she didn't think it was appropriate for a mother to be wearing a tongue stud.

Do what you want, dude, but do just that - what you want. And carefully weigh the pros and cons.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

tongue rings are pretty cool. but they are usually for girls. but meh go for it if you want. it doesnt hurt. i got mine peirced but decided not to wear the ring so it grew back.

Actually, more guys in my school have tongue rings than girls.

I like piercings and tatoos. However odly enough I dont have any. Mostly because I'm never happy with any form of art/design that I do that is supposed to represent myself. First I want a tatoo of say... a maple leaf... but then I change my mind to something else.

Then I want a brow ring. Or nipple or whatever. But later on I change my mind.

You have to remember that a lot of piercings might leave scars. Althought the tongue is a bit different because your saliva makes it heal quickly. Eye brow, ears, nipples, belley button... those tend to leave a small scar afterwards.

So its up to you... oh and you need to take real good care for it... especially the first week. Your tongue swells up a lot. On some cases it interfears with your speech (which is a good case when the girl/guy is annoying). You might also devellop infection (doesnt happen a lot for the tongue).

Your best bet however is to look around. Ask questions to the tatoo artists who will do the procedure (well... its best to go see a tatoo artist for the piercings. they know more and have more experience that just those dinky places for 14 year old girls). Just ask around and inform yourself.

And dont do like my brother. he had his tongue pierced. One day he got drunk at a party, someone asked to see if she could see it so he removed it. he was too drunk afterwards to place it back in and the next day the hole healed.

I know a girl who had other piercings too, she showed them to me but I'm not sure if thats appropriate for this forum. ;)

I know this is gonna sound insensitive but

*imagines Groovy like the guy from rat race*

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Ok, seriously, if you want to, do it, also ask her if she really wants you to do it.

Also, now everyone thinks i have a pervert imagination thank's to you :naughty::naughty:

Originally posted by TheJackal

I know a girl who had other piercings too, she showed them to me but I'm not sure if thats appropriate for this forum. ;)

hehe, the girl from Rat Race comes to mind :naughty: but if you're mean... something else... thants kinda gross

Frankly, I don't like piercings other than the ears. i think it is gross..... tats are fine with me.

Groovster, if you haven't already the tongue DON'T

fine get the ear cause Maul has it, but really she is

a girlfriend and you are young, and I know why she

wants the tongue peirced but really without sounding

oinkish both guys and gals SHOULD NEVER do radical

life altering stuff or experience pain just to please a

transitory relationship. the tongue and the dinky

are off limits.:eek:

I don't know what the pain is like, as I've never had it done before, but I doubt it's that bad. I've had my ears and nipple pierced, but they didn't hurt as much as the tatoos. Which didn't hurt as much as the brand. So figuring that you got more then one tat, they didn't hurt that bad. I imagine the piercing is less painful.

It isn't a life altering thing, or even permanent. Your tongue is a muscle and the hole will quickly heal over if it is not filled. So no problem their if you get it and don't like it.

But I'd have to disagree with the reason that you would get it. Yeah it might be fun for the times you get to use it, but I have to say that I've been on the recieving end of a pierced tongue assisted head bob, and while it was interesting, it wasn't anything to write home about. So what about after the deed? You gotta keep that thing in all the time. While some sex things are fun, my wife doesn't ask me to have my fingers surgically replaced with vibrators, and I don't ask her to have a motion lotion dispenser installed in her wrist. You can most likely simulate the experience of a stud in your tongue anyhow, or even something better, so why actually do it for that reason alone?

I asked my girfreind tonite, if she had thought about getting her tongue peirced, and she said she actually had thought about it for quite some time and did not ask me, because she knows I hated her eyebrow ring. So, that being said, we are getting our tongues peirced at the same time.

Thanks for all of your advice peoples!;P

Originally posted by Darth Eggplant

Groovster, if you haven't already the tongue DON'T

fine get the ear cause Maul has it, but really she is

a girlfriend and you are young, and I know why she

wants the tongue peirced but really without sounding

oinkish both guys and gals SHOULD NEVER do radical

life altering stuff or experience pain just to please a

transitory relationship. the tongue and the dinky

are off limits.:eek:

You know, those things do grow shut, and then we grow up. Actually I am 29, younger than you, but older than most people from The Swamp.

Archived