Home

Full Throttle 2 cancelled

Remi

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I must say, I'm glad too. It looked like crap (just like "JK3" and - sadly enough - "Sam & Max 2"), and was obviously very far from being an adventure.

I wouldn't have bought it anyway, so my sympathies go to the people who would have (whehter it will come out or not).

Though it didn't look so good, I was still excited to play Full Throttle II. Though, i'm sure many would have complained and bickered if it was a bad game, I still wish it would have come out. Perhaps, another GOOD looking one will come out. 'Till then, I'll be playing FT1.

Farewell,

Ernil

While I'm glad LucasArts has the smarts to cancel a game that will not live up to the series, I'm also somewhat disappointed that LucasArts allowed a game to be developed that would not live up to the series.

I wonder if it will turn up on x-box, like when Obi-Wan was cancelled? ;)

ao close to it's release and so far into production, why didn't they just see how it went. But yeah, I'm in agreement, it prbably wouldn't have lived up to it's predecessor and was looking to turn into something like Infernal Machine. Infact, I kinda thought this was bound to happen.:rolleyes:.

Actually, I just thought, it's kind of humbling to have downloaded the trailer to a game that will never be. What do you think?

What a load of wasted time. I mean, we wait ages for some "classic" style games, and they give us Full Throttle 2. Ok ok, so it looked ****, but when it was first announced everyone was excited. How long do we have to wait for the next game??

Bloody Hell.

I have mixed feelings about this decision. I would have LOVED a GOOD Full Throttle sequel (even a GOOD action game)!

On the other hand, *IF* we suppose the game would have been really bad (which we cannot 100% judge by now, but the graphics DIDN'T look promosing), I guess it was the right decision.

Till now, LucasArts has hasn't EVER published a bad adventure*, and I want it to stay that way. And I don't want them to ruin a Tim Schafer classic!

A sucky FT2 would really have damaged the company's reputation considerably, and could perhaps even have a bad influence on Sam and Max 2. (Since people would say: "So that's what LucasArts adventures are like these days, eh? Never again!")

Anyway, still looking forward to Sam and Max 2!!!

cu,

LGH

*Yes, even the often criticised Monkey 4, Dig and Loom were great adventure, IMHO.

Ok, EMI yes, but who criticises Loom and The Dig?? They're both better than the original Full Throttle in my opinion. And EMI wasn't a bad game, it just ruined the Monkey Island series by having a dodgy plot with huge gaping holes in it.

Full Throttle wasn't really all that great anyway, although it did have an excellent story with some interesting characters.

The sequel looked bad, but that doesn't mean that it was bad - although, it probably was, because they cancelled it. Still, it would've been nice to see it. Or maybe it wouldn't, if it was that bad. I'm not one for getting all psyched up about games being released, so, I'll just end this sentence and shut up.

Oh, and for the record, The Dig sucks. I hereby criticise it! And Escape from Monkey Island was fairly well received by non-Monkey Island fanboys.

It's really difficult to put my thoughts in words, because I'm neither sad or glad about the news. Maybe I never cared about FT2 in the first place.

Too bad about the wasted potential though. it's like witnessing an abortion.

I always give LucasArts the benefit of the doubt, even though others may accuse me of being way too optimistic. Still, after seeing the game in action, I felt that it was impossible to judge because it was still early in production. I wanted it to work, but obviously it didn’t. It’s a shame. I can’t imagine how discouraging it must be for people who have worked hard on something creatively and then it just doesn’t work. That has to be one hell of a bad day.

The graphics blew but I was dissapointed non-the-less when I read the news. I mean the game has been in development for quite a while, just because the graphics were sub-par doesn't mean the game couldn't have been decent. If the graphics were good everyone on this board would've been proclaiming the second coming of Christ. And considering no one has even played the game, I think saying that this is Lucasarts "smartest move" in a while is just f**cking childish.

I was interested in seeing new play mechanics and good old puzzle solving, no matter the graphical incompetence.

I must be the only one (aside from telarium) who was actually looking forward to this game. It certainly had the potential to be a really awesome game.

They have been working on this thing for like two years! How can you just down tools after so long?

"We do not want to disappoint the many fans of Full Throttle, and hope everyone can understand how committed we are to delivering the best-quality gaming experience that we possibly can," said Simon Jeffery, president of LucasArts.

Well if that is true Mr. Jeffery, why don't you stop dissapointing us, send the team back in, and don't let them out until they produce a quality product.

This is bulls@#t.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a sequel. I just want a quality one. So yeah, put the team back on it, make the release date "When it's Done", and work to make it the best damn sequel ever put out by LEC. But don't rush it, and work the adventure elements back in. It could turn out okay.

I would like to point out that all the official Lucasarts press release says is:

LucasArts has decided to stop production on Full Throttle: Hell on Wheels.

“We do not want to disappoint the many fans of Full Throttle,” says Simon Jeffery, president of LucasArts, “and hope everyone can understand how committed we are to delivering the best quality gaming experience that we possibly can.”

Notice that they didn't say they cancelled the project like they did with Obi-Wan...they just stopped the production. They're probably rethinking the direction they want to take it, and may end up restarting the game, but as far as I can see they haven't actually cancelled it.

You never know, something might happen some day, but I believe that's just a nice way to say it's cancelled.

Obi-Wan was actually never cancelled though, they just stated they were re-evaluating it or something. And then they released it for the Xbox. And it sucked.

Wow, I was very shocked/surprised to see how it was just cancelled like that. I read the info on the LEC website first, which looks kind of bogus because it's just like two sentences saying that the game is gone. but i guess it was true after all.

I was looking forward to a Full Throttle sequel, but I was really disappointed with what lec was making out of it. I still believe that full throttle was meant for 3d and all, and a sequel should come sometime, but it has to be a well-developed game, not some cheap half-assed thing.

I say double fine and LEC should team up and finish/improve/etc FTHOW... and I still think it should be a lot like GTA.. in a really big setting :p

I agree with manny_c444 saying that the badish graphics led us to believe the gameplay sucked as well. I was hoping LucasArts would put some more work in the game and surprise everyone at the time of release.

Let's hope we do get a FT adventure sequel some time.

Scabb is so wrong about The Dig.

I think it was a good thing to cancel this game.

I also think LEC should do one of the following:

1. Rename themselves to let the glorious company name RIP and be remembered as one of the greatest game companies ever.

I would suggest something like LucasRATS Entertainment

2. Go back to traditional point n' click adventures.

It ****ing worked with Syberia and some independend created and distributed games in the last 2 years.

There is a market out there for that so go and give those consumers what they want :)

3. Stick to make action games and RPG "mass market" compatible games only and forget their adventure past (like Sierra) although they will still cause harm to the once great LEC name and image.

Archived