Home

Whats your favorite type of music?

TheOutrider

Whats your favorite type of music?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favorite type of music?

• Pop
    • Rock
    • RnB
    • Rap
    • Hiphop
    • Blues
    • Punk Rock
    • Country
    • Soft Rock
    • None or All or Other

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

That's what my dad says all the time, but in Rap music, at least you never hear twangy vocals and steel guitars...*shudders*....like fingernails on a chalk board I tell you.

*Points to "Jesus Built My Hotrod"*

And what's wrong with steel guitars?

Anyway, I prefer metal in most of its incarnations. Not all of it. Especially the radio variety. Can't stand that. And I also enjoy some old school country. Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline, George Jones. The old timers. I dunno, I like lots of stuff. I can't be bothered to try and categorize it all, and then type it all out.

I have wide-ranging tastes, including...

Rock (from Hard to Soft), Metal (in it's many forms), Country, Rock'n'Roll, Blues, Classical, Medieval, Folk (many different flavours), Folk Rock, trad. Jazz, Opera, all kinds of Solo artists across a wide range of genres, some Pop (hate boy or girl bands or those 'manufactured' bands), some electronic and movie/game soundtracks.

I'm not really a fan of Rap, techno, acid, mainstream pop or dance music.

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

*Points to "Jesus Built My Hotrod"*

And what's wrong with steel guitars?

Anyway, I prefer metal in most of its incarnations. Not all of it. Especially the radio variety. Can't stand that. And I also enjoy some old school country. Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline, George Jones. The old timers. I dunno, I like lots of stuff. I can't be bothered to try and categorize it all, and then type it all out.

Not my favorite song sir! :p

It's no secret that Al is a sucker for Country, but I can't get into it. I tried, but it just makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Given that among the *major* genres are Rock, Pop, Country, Blues, R&B, Folk, Classical and Jazz, you have really missed the boat ...

... punk-rock, soft-rock, heavy metal (which evolved from heavy rock), rap, techno, etc are just sub-genres - not invalidating them in anyway, as they are a specialization to serve a particular audience. They are just not major genres.

Anyway, Jazz is my thing in all of it's pure and cross-genre styles ... then classical and rock ...

Mike

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

@ txa Mike. The closest thing to jazz I'm into are Mr. Bungle, and The Dillenger Escape Plan. Does that count?

Not from what I was able to read/listen to - more like psycho-ska-turbo-punk or something like that :D

But who cares what it is called? I wouldn't call the XIII soundtrack 'jazz' or the Star Wars soundtracks 'classical', but I love them just the same ...

As I've realized, what matters to me is not what music you are passionate about, but that you're passionate about music. If you have no passion for music ... we have nothing to talk about ;)

Mike

Rock (Only the kind that doesn't have an utterly generic vocalist, e.g. Muse)

Hip-Hop sometimes, but only that with reasonably intelligent lyrics that aren't about pimpin' and hos and whatnot...

And then there's electronica. I listen to Fluke, Thievery Corporation, MBM, that kinda stuff. No trance, far too twinkly and un-groovy for me. :p

Recently I've been listening to a lot of my new Rage Against the Machine CDs.

Archived