Home

Who Likes Anime?

Aash Li

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Wussified" ...

Urr, you must not be that into anime/manga. Or you're just too into violence. which is it? Wait, scratch that. I don't care.

Currently I am reading the Naruto & Bleach mangas, and watching the respective animes. I'm thinking about taking on Code Geiss at the suggestion of a friend. Recently I finished Genshiken 1 & 2. LOVE GENSHIKEN. LOVE IT!

F

oh yea im not that into it since the first cartoon i got into was battle of the planets,call me fresh newb :thumbsup:

anime now days,esp the ones that people acclaim to be "brilliant" are quite the opposite,infact im sure Miura has let out gases from his rear end that contained more brilliance then the likes of bleach,naruto and death note thats all it is.

harder the better,if i may say so.

Just try stuff like Rurouni Kenshin, Berserk, Hellsing, Gundam Seed or even Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex.

Rurouni is allright allthough the samurai x arc much better.hellsings just weird,but ok. gundam,meh,i only dig universal century after that its all a dud besides wing.

@ Jason: Fergive mi for failing teh spelin. Cunsiduring the stuf tht gets n hear Imz suprizd u noticd. HA!

@RJA: I find your attempt at "sounding smart" to be fascinating. You act considerably snobbish and presume to insult Bleach / Naruto without knowing the correct name(s) of their respective authors. Before you start trying to get uppity, remember you yourself claimed to know little.

@Everyone: Bleach wins over Kenshin hands down. Substance will always surmount to more than fluff. IMO that series tanks heavily. The ovas were decent though, I actually own Reflection on DVD.

On that, Ladies and Gentlemen, I take my leave. AWAY!

F

(edited for........niceness.)

You act considerably snobbish and presume to insult Bleach / Naruto without knowing the correct name(s) of their respective authors.
quote me where i named off either naruto or bleachs's authors,wait let me.

*No where to be found*

btw Miura the only author ive listed in this thread and he would be berserk's aurthor,pwnd? so is this your knowledge showing or your accute reading ability?

In the interest of following forum rules and avoiding a flame war, I will attempt to use the utmost tact in my response. Insofar as I claim to have knowledge of the aforementioned series, I have not presumed to claim knowledge of whom you spoke, or his respective series. Admittedly, I was a touch aggressive in my previous posts; however my own actions do not negate the cause therof (which in this case was your offensive attitude.) Not to mention the fact that I chose to edit out much of my text which could be construed as flaming.

You, sir, are upset because I called you on hipocracy. You said "I'm a noob." and also "That series sucks" in the same post. Which tells me: I don't know much about this; but, I know more than the hundreds of thousands of people who enjoy those series"

Let's end this here. I don't think you're an idiot, I don't want to exchange textual jabs. Have a nice life.

F

i only have berserk and fists of the north star,rest of the animes esp now days are too wussified to watch.
are you implying that lucky star is not the pinnacle of japanese animation? also kamina from gurren lagann is easily the most manly character from any show from any country ever and he could easily wreck guts.

In the interest of following forum rules and avoiding a flame war
sometimes you need to go outside the law, like in cop dramas where they blow stuff up and torture criminals to get the bad guy for blowing things up and torturing people.

edit: i would also like to point out that kamina is so manly i would let him have me with absolutely no debate

In the interest of following forum rules and avoiding a flame war, I will attempt to use the utmost tact in my response. Insofar as I claim to have knowledge of the aforementioned series, I have not presumed to claim knowledge of whom you spoke, or his respective series. Admittedly, I was a touch aggressive in my previous posts; however my own actions do not negate the cause therof (which in this case was your offensive attitude.) Not to mention the fact that I chose to edit out much of my text which could be construed as flaming.
meh i see no flaming here,just a discussion.

You, sir, are upset because I called you on hipocracy. You said "I'm a noob." and also "That series sucks" in the same post. Which tells me: I don't know much about this; but, I know more than the hundreds of thousands of people who enjoy those series"

Let's end this here. I don't think you're an idiot, I don't want to exchange textual jabs. Have a nice life.

oh yea im not that into it since the first cartoon i got into was battle of the planets,call me fresh newb
Yes obvious i am a noob,do you even know what battle of the planets is, or how old it is? apparently you dont.

Battle of the Planets (1978) is the Westernized adaptation of the 1972 Japanese animated television series known as Kagaku ninja tai Gatchaman. Of the 105 original Gatchaman episodes, 85 were used in the Battle of the Planets adaptation, produced by Sandy Frank Entertainment. The adaptation is generally faithful to the plot and character development of the original Gatchaman series, but significant additions and reductions were made in order to increase appeal to the North American juvenile television market of the late 1970s.

Why would i be upset over a post i intentianlly used rhetorical sarcasm? obvsiouly ive been watching anime since i was in diapers,nor did i ever hint i never seen or read either bleach or naruto,infact i bought 1-136 on dvd of naruto before it came to the states and i still reserve it as trash,only cost me 6 $ so meh.I stated i only have(meaning the only anime i currently own,apose to your interpertation if ive seen.)Hmmm hipocracy in sarcasam or once again your accute reading ability aswell as vast knowledge of anime. you call these jabs? im only stating what you put out in your posts this is your second time to fail to read a post throughly,perhaps its the no spaces inbetween coma usage,or my misspelled words that i care not to correct? but i doubt that effects anime 101.

Edit #42

also kamina from gurren lagann is easily the most manly character from any show from any country ever and he could easily wreck guts.

Bhahahahahahahahahahaha

I see. Apparently one is not responsible for one's own inflection. Sarcasm is something one only reads from those that they know. I have no clue about the way you would normally conduct yourself, and it is therefore understandable that I would miss said sarcasm. I am NOT however, insulting YOUR intelligence with my responses.

I have already stated I have no interest in continuing this discussion with you in it's current form. I find your choice of words tactless, not to mention pompous and insulting. Since you choose to remain oblivious to your impact on your fellow forumites, I can only assume that you belong elsewhere. This is not a forum for those who enjoy being rude. You may not care how you come off, others do.

I have not misunderstood you. While I may or may not be as old as you are, I have enough manners to realize when I'm acting like a jerk. If you don't want others to "misunderstand", take the time to correct your grammar; use that intelligence you so obviously believe you have.

F

jesus, you are clearly ignorant of basic ttgl knowledge, in the first place, spiral energy has no limits on its capability, it is capable of altering fate, creating matter and life, and basically just ****ing **** up big time.

you think a bunch of hot air is going to hurt gutts?Please even without the berserker armor,a little blow hard wind aint gona hurt him,no matter how hard kamnia blows,figertvly fact is,ball of hot air < dragon slayer sword.

I see. Apparently one is not responsible for one's own inflection. Sarcasm is something one only reads from those that they know.

wasent that hard to figure out.

I have already stated I have no interest in continuing this discussion with you in it's current form.

Yet he continues the post and disscuss,mate no one is trolling if you are equally respounding.

~snipped quote and following flame bait~

This is a forum known for civility and politeness (generally). Please help keep it that way. --Jae

If you don't want others to "misunderstand", take the time to correct your grammar; use that intelligence you so obviously believe you have.
this is a forum,not a written exam so therefore grammer doesnt matter aslong as the point gets across,but not everyone does well to read and gather information,apparently.

you think a bunch of hot air is going to hurt gutts?Please even without the berserker armor,a little blow hard wind aint gona hurt him,no matter how hard kamnia blows,figertvly fact is,ball of hot air < dragon slayer sword.
wow, way to really highlight your ignorance. spiral energy is the energy of evolution, it's basically life, i mean, how can you even call that "hot air"? also i've compiled a short list of characters from current shows that could kill guts with little to no effort:

lelouch from code geass (done in maybe 5 seconds)

c.c. from code geass (he's toast if he or anything touching him touches her and she's immortal)

v.v. from code geass (same as c.c.)

suzaku from code geass (he's under geass command to live, also he is the most hax character ever)

pretty much any captain, vaizard, or espada from bleach, plus aizen, gin, and maybe tousen

haruhi

All right my loves, it's getting a little heated in here, and it would be wise to cool it off a little. Nearly all of us love anime and/or manga of one sort or another and all for a variety of different reasons--getting mad at someone for liking one anime that you don't is like yelling at someone because they happen to like strawberries when you don't. A lot of this is a matter of personal choice. I happen to love Battle of the Planets, having grown up when the series originally aired. I also love Elfquest if that counts as manga. Do I get my shorts in knots if someone doesn't like Elfquest? No. Their negative opinion has absolutely no effect on my enjoyment of the stories. :)

Keep it clean, too. This isn't a hentai thread. We're in a PG-13/rated T forum. ;)

Archived