Home

YOUR BEST CHARCTERS FROM COMPUTER GAMES

Venom750

I've been inspired by the top 10 sith lords/jedi knights threads and i thought i'd give people the chance to say who some of their favorite characters from computer games are:) ok lets see

Master chief (THE MAN)

Snake/big boss from the lastest Metal Gear

Red from Red dead revolver

Sam Fisher

Revan (you know)

Revolver Ocelot from the also lastest metal gear

Cate Archer from No One Lives Forever

Patrick Galloway from Undying

Alice from American McGee's - Alice

Jeannette Voerman from Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines

Serena Cappadocian from Vampire: the Masquerade - Redemption

Garrett from Thief

The Nameless One from Planescape: Torment

and

Juhani

Jolee Bindo

G0-T0

Bastila Shan

Darth Revan

from Knights of the Old Republic

Here are some favourites from the top of my head in no particular order (probably forgetting someone important):

Sidekick: Fall-from-Grace (PS:Torment)

Comedy: HK-47, Jolee (SW:KotOR)

Strong, silent types: The Nameless One (PS:Torment), JC Denton (Deus Ex)

Villains: Jon Irenicus (Baldurs Gate II), Walton Simons (Deus Ex), Mephistopheles (NWN:Hordes of the Underdark)

Impish but endearing: Mission Vao (SW:KotOR), Imoen (Baldurs Gate series)

Others: Kreia (SW:The Sith Lords)

WARNING! POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD!

Motivations:

Fall-from-Grace: A bit mysterious, refined, levelheaded, always giving wise advise. The only healer in the game you can get. Inspires loyalty and trust, even though, judging by her species alone (being a "fallen" demon), most people would be wise to view her with suspicion.

HK-47: "Evil" genocidal droid who rarely powers up his vocabulator without saying anything funny. An unlikely ally and nice counterpart to my Lightside Mastery protagonists. :)

Jolee: Wisecracking grumpy old man. Completely irreverent towards the protagonist unlike everyone else, but still very likable.

The Nameless One (Good Path): Your forced main character in Torment. While I'd rather be able to determine more about his specifics, he develops quite a depth as a character if you explore every nook and cranny in the game.

JC Denton: Archetypical Trenchcoat guy, your character in Deus Ex. While he's constantly a pawn of others and is about as charming as a brick wall, he still has coarse humor and a personality shining through the tough-guy facade at times.

Jon Irenicus: The voice acting probably does half the character, but he comes across (for the most part) as a very bright but totally ruthless scheming villain who will stop at nothing to go through with his plans. Being very matter-of-factly evil because it suits his goals, not at all reveling in it and not being evil for evil's sake. His backstory, as it is unravelled also adds additional depth to the character.

Walton Simons: Typical "evil bureaucrat" type of villain. Scheming, cold, ruthless with a rather calm, creepy way to go about his dirty business. (And he allows JCDenton to display some sense of humor later if you don't kill him the first time you fight him. :))

Mephistopheles: Probably the voice actor doing it again for the most part. Being an utterly cliché villain, being that he in an Arch-devil. Still, fits the role of a villain being evil for evil's sake, unlike the other two mentioned.

Mission Vao: A bit of an annoying brat at times, but still a bit endearing and funny. Has enough personality to make up for Zaalbar's complete lack of one. :) Reminds me a bit about Imoen.

Imoen: Impish, "little sister"-ish rogue with a smart mouth and a tendency to play pranks on everyone. Makes her "transformation" more emotional when she's traumatized in BG2, making you feel really sorry for her and want to help her ASAP (I'm only playing good-aligned characters). Regains her spirit in the sequel expansion pack though.

Kreia: Your mysterious mentor in The Sith Lords. While I usually don't have her along in my party (again as I play as lightsiders exclusively), I still enjoy her character. She's someone with a rather peculiar morality for being one in the black/white Starwars universe. A former Jedi Master and former Sith Lord, she's seen both sides and found what she was looking for in neither. Has a deep backstory that takes som digging to figure out.

In no particular order.

Samus Aran- Metroid prime (She don't say much but she has a big gun)

Ensign Chell- ST: Elite forces (An alien who's always scared and in a Hazard team)

Edison trent- Freelancer (Just a pilot trying to make a million)

John Vattic- Second Sight (phychic powers)

Sam Fisher- Splinter Cell (I don't know)

Hmm... not listed in any particular order

Jolee Bindo (duh..hehe) - KotOR

Minsc & Boo - Baldur's Gate I & II (Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!) :lol:

Deekin Scalesinger - NWN, SoU/HotU

The Valsharess - NWN, HotU (hubba hubba :naughty: )

Guybrush Threepwood - Monkey Island

Cain - Diablo Series

• 2 weeks later...

Now... ME:

All KOTOR 1 and 2 characters. Especially:

Revan

The Exile

Leon (Resident Evil)

Alexander Munro (Star Trek: Elite Force)

Edison Trent (Freelancer)

Special place:

Max Payne (same name for the game)

Leon:

He really inspired me with his enthusiasam.

Edison Trent:

He just acts swell.

Alexander Munro:

His dedication and bravery shall never be forgotten.

Max Payne:

One of the best characters ever don't you think?

Hmmm.

Guybrsh Threepwood:

Oh come on. How could you not be inspired by everyones favorite pirate?

Manny Calavera:

Manny is a cool cat; the kind of guy most would aspire too.

The Exile:

Everything about the Exile's past, present, and future was awesome and enthralling to me. It was great to play out his (in my case) story.

Commander Keen:

Ach, the first computer game I encountered. Alas, poor keen never got his finale. Instead, he got a lame Gameboy sideshow that didn't sell.

The KotOR 2 Party:

Great conversations, stories, everything. It was like being in a group of real people, almost.

Archived