Home

Oblivion [warning: contains some spoilers]

Fuu

@All, What's the best merchant you've found, by how much gold they can spend (I haven't noticed any over $1200 yet?) And what's the best items you've come across?

A bunch of merchants in the Market District of the Imperial City seems to have 1200 gold to spend on items, though how much they give for each item seems to vary. From what I've noticed so far the "Colovian Traders" Nord in Skingrad seems to be paying best for each item, though he only had 800 gold to spend.

Haven't found much in the way of special items yet. Some generic dwarven longswords doing an additional 10 fire damage, assorted axes and hammers (useless to me since I have no Blunt skill) draining a variety of things, some Dremora Longswords with fairly useful enchantments, though they are too heavy to use. I still prefer my Ancient Akaviri Katana with an Absorb 10 Health enchantment. Light, does decent damage, they get hurt and I get healed. :)

When it comes to armor, I don't wear armor since it lowers the effectiveness of my spells and makes it harder to sneak and move, so I usually sell whatever armors I find. But from what I've remembered I've found some Dwarven and Mithril armor with minor enchantments. Nothing remarkable though.

Found a bunch of clothing with some enchantments that would've been useful, but most of them have been so ugly-looking so far that I'm not using them. I'm not going to wear some ugly red-glowing tight leather pants that makes your legs look like a stick figure no matter what bonuses they bestow. My unenchanted Kung-Fu pants will have to do for now. The downside of playing primarily in 3rd person mode I suppose. :)

As far Artifact level things, I've only got Azura's Star so far (which I'll probably have to give away soon as part of the main quest), but I have run into Umbra, wielding the Umbra Sword (which was in Morrowind as well), but haven't claimed it. I've stayed away from the other Daedric shrines (which I suppose will provide some of the more impressive artifacts) so far since pretty much all of them, except Azura, seem to be fairly twisted and evil.

The Shrine quests seem more alignment-loaded in Oblivion than they did in Morrowind. Finding Mehrunes misplaced shaver in Morrowind was something even halo wearers could do, unlike slaughtering innocent priests that some of them wants you to do in Oblivion. :)

Did the entire quest take place in Bruma, or did he follow you there?

The quest played out and was completed in the Imperial City. Though when the crooked guard escaped from prison later to plot his revenge he apparently tracked me all the way to Bruma since he showed up there and attacked me, with the above mentioned result. I reloaded again though and ran out of town as quickly as I could. He followed, and I could dispatch him there without any trouble with insane guards interfering. :)

As for the sneaky glitch, have you done some modding for the game yet? Could it be that you accidentally changed something?

Although, I hope I get a variation of it, Personality, Agility, and Endurance are some of my highest attributes, so it would be cool if every dialog ended in "sexy!":lol:

No, I'm keeping my game pretty much unmodded during my first playthrough except for the Better Appearances texture fix T7Nowhere posted, the murky water fix chAiNz.2da posted and an Arachnophobia mod that removes all the spider daedra. None of which should have any effect on dialog.

The Construction Set is hideously slow on my machine, but I'll probably have to try to do a mod myself that changes the AI barks to remove or tone down the sneaky comments. It's starting to seriously annoy me.

I think you are out of luck with the sexy comments. The Personality and Agility of my character are both quite high, and doesn't seem to affect what they say beyond the Disposition boost caused by the Personality bonus. Everyone can spot that you are sneaky, but no one seems to notice if you are irresistible. :D

What's a "Fable influence"?

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another unrelated thing, do anyone know what's causing pretty much every NPC to say something like "You look like a sneaky type!" when you walk past them? A high Sneak skill, even though I have a couple of other skills higher?

Somewhat annoying since they seem to pick that bark 90% of the time now and say little else. Very repetitive.

Yes, it's the sneak skill. There are such comments for all kind of skills. With my high speechcraft, I sometimes get a "You've got quiete a silver tongue." greeting. I didn't notice it that often, though.

If it annoys you it shouldn't be difficult to mod them out. Go to Character -> Filtered Dialogue menu. In the dialogue editor select the conversation tab then HELLO under Editor ID and scroll down the long list to the generic greetings.

I haven't heard the you look sneaky comment, but I have heard "you look like an alchemist" and another one about Light armor. My light armor skill is around 75 and my alchemy skill is around 89(I really want that master perk :) )

I think the npc's started to mention my alchemy skill when it reached 75 and I just noticed them talking about my light armor skill. so when you boost your other skills above 75 I'm sure you will get npc's talking about those.

Strange, my Acrobatics and Mysticism skills are both higher than my Sneak skill, but no one has said a word about that. They probably don't comment on all types of skills. Maybe the AI barks will become a bit more varied once I get other skills they comment on above 75.

Thanks for the editor directions, I'll see if I can tone that bark down to a more tolerable frequency for now.

I suppose it's one way to make characters react to you, but I still find it a bit silly. I don't think many people could take a walk around town and immediately spot what anyone who they walk past are good at. What's the tell-tale obvious physical characteristic of a master alchemist or security expert? :)

Two questions about the main quest for those who know...

Is it possible to prevent James Cameron from escaping with the Amulet of Kings from the Mythic Dawn Shrine? I tried attacking him as soon as he said he was about to leave to his Paradise, but haven't managed to hurt him enough to prevent him from teleporting out. I suspect it's a plot device that he must escape there?

Also, do you have to give Azura's Star to Martin, or is there some other way to proceed? It's a very useful artifact so it'd be a shame to have it permanently destroyed.

well, i decided to 'jump the gun' and get into the game before all of my computer parts get in. and to avoid repitition: this game is incredible. i was a bit surprised on how well it runs on my system given how a lot of people have been complaining that things don't run very smoothly. so far, the game will stutter a bit whenever a lot of things have to be loaded into the game, but otherwise, i'm getting anywhere from 30-40 fps in most areas which is definately quite playable.

as for the gameplay, well, its taking a bit to get used to since i haven't played a game inside of the Elder Scrolls universe before. things like the magic system and what kind of weapons work best against certain creatures, etc. since i do have a learning curve, i've haven't used the magic stuff very much at all except for this one healing spell my character has (which i use almost constantly instead of the healing potions). otherwise, its just bows, axes, and shields for me.

anyways, great game thus far. the only thing that pissed me off about the game to date is that some **** mud crab killed my first horse after i parked it too close to a lake. :fist:

@Stoffe, "Fable influence" Let's just say you can...uh...earn a pimp hat:naughty:

If you can get houses, why not spouses? And it would also be cool to have children party members, you'd have to feed them your spare shields and unwanted enchanted items to make them grow like the pets in Dungeon Siege II:D

I think I might have the solution to your Azuras Star predicament (note: this doesn't work on all items so I don't know how it handles plot items, and one item I've used a lot [500+ times] isn't equippable anymore [i didn't have a problem until I'd duplicated it a few hundred times])

VVVVVVVVVVV

Since nobody's mentioned it yet I'd like to give a gift to all the forum ladies (and anyone else out to make a quick buck)......

[How to make jewelry carpet]

1. Make sure you have a bow and a good amount of two different arrow types.

2. Choose an item to duplicate (this works best if the item isn't stacked, if you have more than one of a particular item drop all but one).

3. Equip your bow, and choose whichever arrow you have the least of.

4. Draw the arrow back, but don't fire, instead go to the inventory screen and switch to the second arrow type, select the second type again and you should get an error message about not being able to equip it.

5. While still in the inventory screen find the item you want to duplicate, select "drop" to drop the item.

6. Exit the inventory and release the arrow, depending on how many you spawn (see belowVVV) the item you dropped should explosively multiply in front of you.

7. Retrieve your arrow, and pick up your duplicate item(s)

note1: It's best to do this indoors, in a small room, with little to no furnishings as it will make retrieval easier than if you were to try and chase 40 gold rings down a grassy hillside (been there done that:xp: )

note2: I haven't figured out the exact math yet, but it seems that the number of "copies" depends on how many arrows are in the stack you selected second...

(for example, if you had 2 iron arrows and 30 steel arrows, you would start by equiping the iron arrow first, and the steel arrows second, because there are 30 steel arrows, there will be around 30 copies of the item you dropped, I haven't really checked to see how much the first stack affects it yet.

note3: depending on how many items you spawn, you may experience lagging, I tried spawning 80 lockpicks and went down to about 3-5 seconds per frame for about 30 seconds.

note 4: this doesn't seem to work on "every" item, so I don't know if you can duplicate plot items.

It's a good idea to duplicate every high worth item you come across and store it in your house, that way if you ever start to get encumbered with new better items, you can drop your old ones without fear of losing a "unique" item.

I guess the skill rankings make sense to cause "sneakiness" but as a side note, I have found at least one shrine that either lets you change your birthsign, or get a bonus for it, I've only found one and it only works once (gives you a new "greater" power) so I couldn't research it any more.

I haven't seen Kung fu pants yet, I like my monkeypants just fine:lol:

I do congratulate you on a cool looking character though, mine looks like I have Down's syndrome and anorexia:xp:

Are all the deadric shrines in mountains? And what are you supposed to do with them, I've only seen the one octopus and it said I didn't take the right path (went up the mountain both ways...nada)

Does anybody know how to take a screenshot with a 360, so far I don't think it's possible without a modded or debug version:( I'd love to show everyone just how bad my character looks, and cool stuff I've found:D

There is a video floating around somewhere that shows how one person used the duplication exploit. I'm sure BS knows about it by now so I wouldn't be surprized if its fixed in the first patch(when ever thats made). However that probably won't matter for X360 users.

When I saw the video I thought "man that is so cheap" but I had to try it and I ended up over 150 mortar & pestles and 100+ feather potions. I just stuffed the the pestles is a closet, but the feather potions have saved me some time clearing out dungeons of all decent loot.

It's a cheap cheat, but it does look cool when duplicating certain items.

"Fable influence" Let's just say you can...uh...earn a pimp hat:naughty:

If you can get houses, why not spouses? And it would also be cool to have children party members, you'd have to feed them your spare shields and unwanted enchanted items to make them grow like the pets in Dungeon Siege II:D

Oh. Well, then I'm quite happy the game has no "Fable influence". I've heard so many things about that particular game that makes me never want to try it. :)

I think I might have the solution to your Azuras Star predicament (note: this doesn't work on all items so I don't know how it handles plot items, and one item I've used a lot [500+ times] isn't equippable anymore [i didn't have a problem until I'd duplicated it a few hundred times])

I suppose that might be useful if you have the Xbox version of the game, but on the PC version it's probably a lot easier and quicker to just use the AddItem console command if you are going to cheat anyway. :)

I guess the skill rankings make sense to cause "sneakiness" but as a side note, I have found at least one shrine that either lets you change your birthsign, or get a bonus for it, I've only found one and it only works once (gives you a new "greater" power) so I couldn't research it any more.

You mean the Doomstones (large standing stones in the wilderness with red or green glowing runes on them)? There are supposedly 21 of them, according to the Black Horse Courier.

The red ones grant you special powers related to a Birthsign, though they don't change your actual birthsign, and the powers aren't exactly identical to the birthsign ones. Also you can only get extra powers from one stone starsign, if you activate another stone it removes the powers granted by the other stone before it grants a new one.

The green stones don't give starsign powers, but seems to give you a Bound weapon and piece of armor with a fairly long duration when you activate them.

I haven't seen Kung fu pants yet, I like my monkeypants just fine:lol:

I do congratulate you on a cool looking character though, mine looks like I have Down's syndrome and anorexia:xp:

I think those pants are fairly rare to find, I've only seem them occur once in the game, and that's where I got them. :) From some hostile Necromancer NPC with a name in a cave near the lake around the Imperial City if I remember correctly. Never seen anyone else wear them. When I checked them up in the editor the ID tag was "KungFuPants" though they aren't named that in the game.

I thought that style fitted my playing style fairly well, since I play more like a stealthy ninja sorceress than a straight wizard or melee brawler. :)

Even if they are unenchanted they'll have to do for now, since it seems most other pants are tight-fitting and give the female characters anorectic-looking stick figure legs when worn, and all the "linen" pants are ugly skirts for female characters instead. :/

Are all the deadric shrines in mountains? And what are you supposed to do with them, I've only seen the one octopus and it said I didn't take the right path (went up the mountain both ways...nada)

They seem to be spread fairly evenly across the land. You can ask some NPCs about "Daedric Shrines" when you talk to them, and map markers will be added to one they know of. Or you can just stumble into them by wandering around. :)

I've only visited a few of them, but the drill seems to be that you talk to one of the worshippers there to find out how to get the attention of the Daedra Prince. Then you do so, and are given a quest to complete, which will grant you a daedric artifact as a reward. The quests usually have a level requirement, requiring you to be a at least a certain level for the DP to deem you worthy of their attention.

I've only done Azura's quest so far, as she seems to be the only benevolent one of the Daedra Princes. I checked another one out, but reloaded when I learned they required me to murder some priest of the 9 that was attempting to convert their followers. No thanks. :)

@Stoffe, You shouldn't really knock Fable until you've tried it.

It's a lot more restricted then morrowind, it's more like Kotor with small maps scattered throughout the country. It doesn't have a lot of weapons either. But it is pretty fun to play and definitely has a good atmosphere to it.

Well of coure you can cheat the items in, but it's more fun to glitch:D

And you don't have to figure out the item name either, if it's droppable it's cloneable (it actually doesn't work with some quest items which can't be dropped)

It's odd that I got a greater power from a blue stone, and a daedric bow from a red one???

I guess I'll have to stick to the baggy linen pants for my kungfuness:lol:

How does the whole stealth/spell thing work for you? I usually can't sneak well, and can't advance much in magic either, so I usually just get frustrated and break everything with a sword:D Strict Melee kinda sucks though, because you can't get strength bonuses with anything other than blade or blunt, and your always only using one or the other. I wish you could get strength bonuses from always traveling at near-encumberement, it would make sense.

I could never get the deadra shrine worshippers to do anything, they didn't have the dialog options???

@Astro, WHAT!!? My machine is in limbo and yours handles it no problemo?

Life is just so fair and stuff.:(

@Stoffe, You shouldn't really knock Fable until you've tried it.

It's a lot more restricted then morrowind, it's more like Kotor with small maps scattered throughout the country. It doesn't have a lot of weapons either. But it is pretty fun to play and definitely has a good atmosphere to it.

Well, from my checklist of pet peeves, what I've heard that has discouraged me from trying it:

• Cannot pick gender of character: CHECK
  • Your character looks reflects your Ability scores in ridiculous ways (high strength --> steroid pumped body builder): CHECK
  • Your character ages...rapidly, giving the game a sense of urgency and stressful mood: CHECK

Now, this is just from what I've heard about the game, but it's enough to save myself the frustration and stay away from the game. :)

(I really don't like time limited games... It's like in Pathways into Darkness (Bungies first FPS game), where you had two weeks to get to the bottom of the pyramid, set the nuke and then get out of there before it blows. Only to find that, you have just played 60+ hours of incredible challenge and made it to the bottom, but, sorry sunshine, you took an hour too long so you'll not be able to make it back out alive no matter what. Argh!)

Ahem, back on topic. :)

Well of coure you can cheat the items in, but it's more fun to glitch:D

And you don't have to figure out the item name either, if it's droppable it's cloneable (it actually doesn't work with some quest items which can't be dropped)

Isn't it cheating either way? :) Anyway, if you already have the item in game you can just drop it on the ground, activate the console and click on it, and it will print out the item code needed for spawning it with AddItem at the top of the screen (along with the item name). :)

It's odd that I got a greater power from a blue stone, and a daedric bow from a red one???

It's possible there are more colors I haven't spotted yet. The Red/green runes thing was just an observation of mine from what I've encountered while playing. I've only found 10 or so of the Doomstones so far.

How does the whole stealth/spell thing work for you? I usually can't sneak well, and can't advance much in magic either, so I usually just get frustrated and break everything with a sword:D

It works quite well. I don't know if the rest of the armor has any effect, but wearing boots does make you easier to detect. If you stay in sneak mode all the time and stick to the shadows you can usually stay hidden. While your Sneak skill is still low only move while nearby enemies aren't looking directly your way. Wait until their backs are turned then sneak up and whack them. At higher Sneak skill levels you can usually move while they look your way and remain undetected anyway as long as you stick to the shadows.

If you sneak and rely on Sneak Attacks to take out enemies before they can fight back, be sure to use a one-handed weapon since two-handers give no damage bonus to Sneak attacks.

Any time I'm exporing an Annelid ruin, fort ruin, cave or Oblivion tower interior I'm pretty much permanently in sneak mode (unless someone managed to spot me and start a fight), creeping along the walls, dodging traps and taking out the inhabitants one at a time with them never realizing I'm there. If you do this your sneak skill will go up rather quickly. Sneak is one of my Minor skills, but it's still the one with the third highest rank, after Acrobatics (jumping around a lot, and I love the dodge roll moves) and Mysticism (spamming Detect Life since it's so useful in wilderness treks to spot monsters and bandits in ambush :))

I have one ring with Night Eye and one Amulet with Detect Life that I'm always wearing as my "magic IR goggles" while doing dungeon infiltration. Really useful in spotting enemies before they spot you. :) In the rare cases that I am detected either a Paralyze spell or a high-powered Lightning bolt tends to take care of them before things get too dangerous.

In rooms with many enemies and too much light to sneak effectively I use a Dominate spell to cause a distraction, making them fight amonst themselves while I snipe at them from a distance with Lightning. Once you get a decent Chameleon spell though you can usually sneak up on a mob and sneak attack them one at a time right in front of their friends without anyone reacting. :)

Strict Melee kinda sucks though, because you can't get strength bonuses with anything other than blade or blunt, and your always only using one or the other. I wish you could get strength bonuses from always traveling at near-encumberement, it would make sense.

Wouldn't that fall more in the realm of endurance than strength, to be able to haul around great weights for long durations?

Maybe it's just my playing style (delivering one hit kills rather than swinging away at an enemy for a while), but it seems to me that the Blade skill is increasing fairly slowly. The Sneak attack damage makes up for it fairly nicely so far though.

I could never get the deadra shrine worshippers to do anything, they didn't have the dialog options???

Hmm, which shrine have you visited? There's usually some man/woman in a robe that's the leader of the worshippers that you need to talk to. They will tell you what you need to do to contact the Daedra Prince if you talk to them.

I have a question regarding the "Canvas the Castle" quest in Chorrol:

I've collected all the evidence and gotten the guilty one to confess to stealing the Countess' painting. However, there are two ways of completing this quest, either telling the Countess and getting rewarded with some gold and gems, or lying to the countess to cover up for Chanel, and then she promises you some reward in a few weeks time.

Since the Countess' punishment for this fairly minor crime strikes me as rather draconian I'm leaning towards lying to her. It seems to cost you one Fame point and some gems, not that big a loss.

I wonder if this has any other side effects however? I'm not too fond of playing on for 3 in-game weeks only to arrive at a point where a reload would be necessary (i.e. your deception gets found out and you get arrested/bountied, or other quests become unavailable).

So, does your choice here have any other consequences than what type of reward you get?

I never sneak in open areas, but I do switch between assassination and kamikazi when in tombs/forts, it's so fun to do critical damage, but I'm more addicted to just running in like a lunatic meat cleaver:D

I did know about the boots, I look ridiculous in Blade armor and barefeet...

Hillbilly Samurai:D

I usually use detect life, or night eye, but not both. Does the vampire's hunting sight ever become available as a standard power, I thought it combined them, but it seemed to turn out a little different?

I'm not saying endurance isn't a factor in weight carrying, but if you've ever built a foundation, moving concrete by hand, mixing mortar, moving concrete block and carrying 80 pound bags of mortar over a bunch of trenches you'd see it differently;)

Thank the father for providing us with the magical elixer of Gatorade:thmbup1:

Basically, endurance keeps you going, but strength dictates how mcuh you can carry

*pictures little sister trying to drag mortar bags*:D

I don't know what's up with blade, I'm always wading right in and dealing damage, but I can't get it up either. Would you mind looking into the widgets and wingnuts behind the Blade skill during your next modding session? If I knew just whether it's damage dealt, attack type, number of attacks, quality of attacks, etc. I could strategize accordingly:)

You could just use the wait/sleep feature to pass the weeks in a matter of minutes, examine the results, and then either keep playing, or re-load (I don't know how much you save, but I do it every few minutes, and don't usually see it as an issue)

But I'd probably decide based on the morals of the situation instead of the rewards (you can always get more items;))

O.K. I finished my favorite quest so far. It's for one of the southern mage guilds.

This dude tries to travel into his own dreams to improve himself or whatever, but he gets stuck and you have to go in and piece his mind together again.

Has anyone found anymore "trips" like this psychonauts quest?

I usually use detect life, or night eye, but not both. Does the vampire's hunting sight ever become available as a standard power, I thought it combined them, but it seemed to turn out a little different?

I think that is a power you get if you contract Porphyric Hemophilia and get turned into a vampire, and then go a few days without feeding to advance to the more severe stages of vampirism.

Using both while exploring dungeons is fairly useful IMHO, since it both lets you spot traps or other objects easily that might otherwise be concealed in shadows, and lets you see any nearby creatures so you may better sneak up on them and never get taken by surprise.

Detect Life is very useful to time Sneak Attacks against creatures just as they round a corner or come through a doorway. :)

I don't know what's up with blade, I'm always wading right in and dealing damage, but I can't get it up either. Would you mind looking into the widgets and wingnuts behind the Blade skill during your next modding session? If I knew just whether it's damage dealt, attack type, number of attacks, quality of attacks, etc. I could strategize accordingly:)

It's probably not too hard to analyze the skill rewards for different uses of blade if using the debug text mode you can activate from the console, and go to the display that shows your current sub-points in each skill and how many you need to advance to the next skill level. The problem would just be to cencentrate on those numbers in the heat of combat without getting killed and actually manage to hit something. :)

O.K. I finished my favorite quest so far. It's for one of the southern mage guilds.

This dude tries to travel into his own dreams to improve himself or whatever, but he gets stuck and you have to go in and piece his mind together again.

Has anyone found anymore "trips" like this psychonauts quest?

Haven't done that one yet, but I have done a trip into a magical wonderland as part of another quest:

The missing painter quest in Cheydinhal, where you enter his magical painting to rescue him from within, and battle with some painted trolls using turpentine. :)

The quest played out and was completed in the Imperial City. Though when the crooked guard escaped from prison later to plot his revenge he apparently tracked me all the way to Bruma since he showed up there and attacked me, with the above mentioned result. I reloaded again though and ran out of town as quickly as I could. He followed, and I could dispatch him there without any trouble with insane guards interfering. :)

I'm a bit late on this but I was on a business trip and couldn't access the net for a week... When a guard follows you and tries to kill you, you can normally surrender to him by pressing the block and and activate keys at the same time. If you have no bounty on your head, the guard normally just walks away. If you have a bounty, he will ask you the three normal options (pay, resist or go to jail).

========

ChAiNz.2da, is that one of your mods?

http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/Oblivion/Screens/Player-1.jpg

If I am correct, that's the Dark Bortherhood armor but with leather gloves and boots. I like it! :D Is it available for download somewhere?

ChAiNz.2da, is that one of your mods?

http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/Oblivion/Screens/Player-1.jpg

If I am correct, that's the Dark Bortherhood armor but with leather gloves and boots. I like it! :D Is it available for download somewhere?

;) You have a good eye...

There is a mod released that does this.. but I had made my changes to it a long time before it's release.. seems "they" decided to cash in on it though. It's a simple fix really.. just go into the Construction Set and remove the hands & feet bipedal objects from the armor's file ;) It'll allow you to wear any gloves or boots with the Brotherhood Armor..

Simple things like that I don't want to release as a mod for Oblivion, but I tend to see that kind of thing over there as a trend. Most of the mods available are relatively simple changes.. one-liners really, and I hate cluttering up my DATA folder for those things.. hehehe..

Here's a link to the "other" mod though :D

http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=2065

Thanks! I'll give it a try. This should prevent some "embarassing situations" : the other day my PC was wearing the Dark Brotherhood armor. It was the only clothing in his inventory. I happened to answer yes after clicking on a Doomstone that said something like "do you want bound armor and weapon?" and I ended up running naked all night long save for a daedric helmet, gauntless and dagger as I couldn't unequip the bound items :lol: I had a good laugh. My pc was looking like a crazy killer a la Friday the 13th...but naked :lol:

I didn't had much time to do my own tweaks yet. The only mod I made so far was to improve the look of my vampire and modify his abilities (I didn't like the existing mods).

...btw, anyone tried scripting yet? I can't seem to find a way to compile just one script. I only see the option "compile all" which recompiles all the scripts in the game and gives me a huge .esp :confused:

T...btw, anyone tried scripting yet? I can't seem to find a way to compile just one script. I only see the option "compile all" which recompiles all the scripts in the game and gives me a huge .esp :confused:
Yah, I made a Fletching Book so I could make arrows out of mundane items.. but I didn't have to compile the script?

I just created a new one, saved.. and it worked :DWish KotOR was that easy.. hehehe...

:fist: duh! Never tried that. I was saving and then compiling. I thought the saving option was just saving the text file...not compiling. That's cool :D
I like it (the simplicity) but there's alot of missing features it seems this round.. variables and such...

plus, since most of the items in game are hard-coded so you can't "equip" certain items.. it makes alot of limiting restrictions. At least with Morrowind, you could drop a quill, shears, etc. on your pc and it would activate the script..even if it didn't have a function... not this time :(

Books seems to be the easiest way to do things (if you need a 'list' of different script functions) since you can "equip" them.. or you can make it a faux weapon with your script functions.. but that disarms you.. Haven't tried with clothing, but I'd assume it would swap out your clothing as well :giveup:

The biggest pain with this, even with equippable items, is that you have to leave the inventory screen and re-enter in order to do your function(s) again..

This game was obviously coded more for console rather than PC this go-around... *sigh*...

When a guard follows you and tries to kill you, you can normally surrender to him by pressing the block and and activate keys at the same time. If you have no bounty on your head, the guard normally just walks away. If you have a bounty, he will ask you the three normal options (pay, resist or go to jail).

I'll have to remember trying that the next time a guard frenzies and tries to kill me for no reason. Though I did have an assault bounty at the time, since apparently it's illegal to get attacked by a maniac with a knife in Cyrodiil. :)

I ended up running naked all night long save for a daedric helmet, gauntless and dagger as I couldn't unequip the bound items :lol: I had a good laugh. My pc was looking like a crazy killer a la Friday the 13th...but naked :lol:

Fortunately there seems to be no laws against public indecency in Tamriel. :D

You can usually get rid of Bound items by drinking a Dispel potion or casting a Dispel spell on yourself. I have a self-targeting Dispel spell to get rid of summons and bound items when I no longer need them, rather useful. :)

@Stoffe, I asked if you wouldn't mind checking the blade skilz next time you're poking around because I have 360 (= no console that I can find:()

A friend in class was actually telling me about that quest today, but he couldn't remember where it was, thanks:)

edit: Waydaminit! I was going to say "D3 fanboys rejoice!", but "his"???

Archived