Home

The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)

Astrotoy7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ lolz talk about going multi-platform :xp:

Yea, odd thing is I only bought my PS3 and parts of my PC, the Wii, DS, and PSP were all gifts for various occasions, I actually have 2 PSP's, one has custom firmware.

Dude, I guess so. :)

Yea, I like to keep myself busy though, keeps me out of trouble... :xp:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, my 360 has been shipped. I have the games already and I'll be ready to play them once I get my 360 back. :D

mass-effect-boxart.jpg

cod4boxart.jpg

acxbox.JPG

I'll finally be able to hook-up to Xbox Live now.

0.jpg

Just a bunch of DVDs to add to my small collection.

L10677273.jpg

51HhQou7fGL.jpg

0790768615-l.jpg

oceans_twelve_verdvd.jpg

ocean-s-thirteen-poster-1.jpg

61ha9vz6hDL._SS500_.jpg

51Dome7YHiL._SS500_.jpg

It's a best of album, with a DVD and new song.

Goodtimesdc6.jpg

Hooray for finally having a job and a decent paycheck. \o/

• 1 month later...

I recently worked for a company called "Bakemark UK" temporarily on a job contract and i noticed something quite funny. I was moving ingredients around and noticed that some raisins from Turkey had the company name of "Taris". I thought this was quite funny so i checked on google and the company has a website here. Ah the chances eh? :lol:

I recently worked for a company called "Bakemark UK" temporarily on a job contract and i noticed something quite funny. I was moving ingredients around and noticed that some raisins from Turkey had the company name of "Taris". I thought this was quite funny so i checked on google and the company has a website here. Ah the chances eh? :lol:

In Turkish it would actually be pronounced "Tarish," but that's pretty cool! :D

• 2 weeks later...

At Christmas, I got a keychain with an LED light built-in. It was a nice bright white light and I liked it. Unfortunately earlier this week it stopped working. I checked my batteries but they had voltage. The LED was dead. :(

I went over to superbrightleds.com and ordered up a couple for less than $1 each. They arrived today. I had to try them out and share some pics. Yes I do realize my taste in what's "cool" may be different than yours. :D

mcd = millicandelas (luminous intensity)

This red one I had left over from my geek glasses. It was the weakest of the bunch.

red 628nm, <2000 mcd, 45° spread

redaj6.jpg

The green is a pleasant shade.

green 525nm, 8000 mcd, 45° spread

greenqs3.jpg

The yellow is for seriousness.

yellow 588nm, 10000 mcd, 8° spread

yellowqw7.jpg

This is one of the coolest LEDs I've seen. The spectrum is very broad and it looks like the light of an incandescent. It was the most expensive at $1.05.

warmwhite 7000 mcd, 35° spread (broad peak between 550-625nm)

warmwhitest0.jpg

For some reason the orange is super cheap at only $0.27. It was the same LED as in my camera's "timer" indicator.

orange 605nm, 4000mcd, 30° spread

orangevy4.jpg

And of course I had to get the most powerful. I believe this is the one that originally came with the keychain. Pow!

super white 18000mcd, 30° spread (stong peak around 470nm)

whiteqf1.jpg

The also had infrared and ultraviolet LEDs. I would think you'd want to be careful with those. You cause eye damage without even realizing it. :o

Edit: Oops looks like my camera's date is off my a couple days.

Tell me about it. We run film in the dark where I work. Up until recently it was all green light, which maybe takes like 1-2 minutes to adjust to. But now we've got red light environment. And wow, it takes like 15 minutes to get used to. Crazy difference in light sensitivity.

If you're going to use the keychain at night, I would go for red--it doesn't affect your night vision nearly as much if you're trying to maintain your dark adaptation.

From Jae Onasi's book of "Night Time Surveillance".

Now available on AMAZON!

Archived