Home

The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)

Astrotoy7

I also ordered my new Graphics Card today (finally!), it's a GeForce 6800 and it's cheapo!

Now, you see... the really depressing thing is that I paid £300 for mine back when they were released.

In other news:

Randomness033.jpg

Grendel's gonna get you. Also, Anglo-Saxon (Old English) hurts my brain to even look at.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, since i'm getting tired of all the driver issues with my GeForce 8800GTS (my system keeps crashing because the nvlddmkm driver "was non-responsive but has recovered").

and since i keep hearing about all the good things with ATI's Vista drivers, i just got done ordering one of these. its a Sapphire Radeon HD2900 Pro for those that are interested. the GeForce is getting sold to one of my friends for about $275 which will cover all but $30 of the new Radeon.

other cool stuff that i've gotten recently:

final_onyx_cover.jpg

and i also got the novel Hitman: Enemy Within. i'd post a pic, but i couldn't find a good one, and my camera isn't cooperating.

I don't call that semi-naked. :xp:

PG-13 remember? It's too hot under there for this board ;)

well, since i'm getting tired of all the driver issues with my GeForce 8800GTS (my system keeps crashing because the nvlddmkm driver "was non-responsive but has recovered").

and since i keep hearing about all the good things with ATI's Vista drivers, i just got done ordering one of these. its a Sapphire Radeon HD2900 Pro for those that are interested. the GeForce is getting sold to one of my friends for about $275 which will cover all but $30 of the new Radeon.

Good on you...

It's exactly what I would go for at this moment in time if I had the money, and not just cause I'm a fanboy, just cause AMD/Ati pwns :xp:

Nah, I've read some really good reviews about the 2900Pro, and it's a very sexy price to pay for it...What rez do you run it at?

^^^^

well, i use a two monitor setup, and both monitors are different. the main monitor is an old 17" Gateway CRT with a max res of 1600x1200, and that's the resolution that i try to play most of my games at. the other monitor is a left over from my old eMachines computer. its a 17" CRT as well, but its res maxes out at 1280x1024. as such, my desktop is simply extended onto that monitor, and it is not used for gaming.

it is useful whenever i have multiple windows open such as Firefox, OpenOffice Writer, and iTunes, though. :)

^^^^

well, i use a two monitor setup, and both monitors are different. the main monitor is an old 17" Gateway CRT with a max res of 1600x1200, and that's the resolution that i try to play most of my games at. the other monitor is a left over from my old eMachines computer. its a 17" CRT as well, but its res maxes out at 1280x1024. as such, my desktop is simply extended onto that monitor, and it is not used for gaming.

it is useful whenever i have multiple windows open such as Firefox, OpenOffice Writer, and iTunes, though. :)

Cool, the 2900Pro should pwn at those resolutions except if your favorite game is Flight Sim X or something.

I'll have to give OO a try at some point, I downloaded it ages ago but never really bothered to try it out so far...

W00t! My new graphics card arrived today, it's an XFX 128Mb DDR GeForce 6800 and it absolutely pwns!

Playing Jade Empire at 1024x768 with eveything up at full speed, and not a single hiccup or slowdown, even in battles...I might get some FPS readings if I can be bothered, but right now I'm enjoying the game.

It's pretty quiet too, I like the automatic fan control...

My and my fiancee installed it this afternoon, and we're quite proud lolz, first major intervention (except replacing RAM and an HDD) we've ever done to our PC, plus it was quite tricky cause the old card was like 1/3 of the size of the new one, so we had to play with the wiring plus get a power dongle to the GPU as well.

Finally gots meself a 360! :D

I got Dead Rising, GRAW, GRAW 2, Halo 3, MOH: Airborne, Oblivion, Quake IV, SC: Double Agent, Saints Row & Tenchu Z with it. My impressions? Console is amazing, can't fault it (apart from the noise and heating, should have waited for the 65n Falcon thingy but oh well!). GRAW 2 is one of the most realistic war games i've ever played, i also have the first GRAW but this definately wipes the floor with it and being a big Ghost Recon fan i'm glad that the games just seem to be getting better and better. Halo 3, well to put it bluntly a dissapointment, the single player campaign should have been better since it was the last in the series and IMO the single player campaign was too easy even on legendary mode; i still need to get XBOX Live as i hear the multiplayer is really good on Halo 3. Oblivion was a nice surprise as after playing Morrowind and hating it Oblivion has been turning out to be quite a nice game. I'm not ususally one for Fantasy RPGs but i heard that Oblivion was a great game so i thought why not? My favourite out of the lot though has to be Tenchu Z, but only cause i'm a bit of a Tenchu Junkie! :)

Actually, some of the Falcon models have already hit stores. But Microsoft doesn't tell you which consoles have them and which don't. I know when I eventually get my 360, I'm gonna make sure I get a certain lot number and production date based on somebody else's who got the new version, people have been discussing it at the Xbox forums. Personally if I didn't get the new version I'd return it to try again.

Actually, some of the Falcon models have already hit stores. But Microsoft doesn't tell you which consoles have them and which don't. I know when I eventually get my 360, I'm gonna make sure I get a certain lot number and production date based on somebody else's who got the new version, people have been discussing it at the Xbox forums. Personally if I didn't get the new version I'd return it to try again.
I didn't know they were out so fast! Although i heard that the new limited edition Halo 3 models have them in, is this true? I probably will try to get another 360, thanks for the advice. I know mine isn't one of the Falcon models as it has the copper wire thingy inside it. I just hope until then i don't get the RROD which i hear renders the console unplayable (not that it matters as i usually don't let it overheat anyways :) ).

The little tricksters, beneficial on MS side of things definately but somewhat of a pain for the public looking for these new models.

Beneficial isn't exactly the word I'd use...As it would cost them less to produce 65nm chips they would turn out more profit from the Falcon consoles so they could drop the price on the other ones...But will they? Tis all business I'm afraid.

Archived