Home

The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)

Astrotoy7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, maybe they paid in cash. :xp:

Well, I just finished jailbreaking my touch. This thing can even run scummvm! Woohoo! :3pdance:

I need to come up with a name for it now. Suggestions? I'm going for a girls name. Vivian? Kate? Avery? Help!

attachment.php?attachmentid=2757&stc=1&d=1212437773

That's it Rhett the RIAA has got your fingerprints one file now!

Haven't been able to run them smoothly since I replaced the hard drive.

I haven't been able to run KoTOR 1 or 2 smoothly since I upgraded the graphics card. Somethings screwy with the shader I have yet figure out. It just might be the battle between the 20+ mods I have on there. :xp:

]As for a cassette adapter - cut your losses and just buy the music online. Or get a subscription to one of those places that lets you download unlimited for like $30/mo or something. I think Rhapsody might have a deal like that. Using a cassette adapter will not be time-effective. At all.

If you have a better suggestion for what I should use to be able to listen to what's on my phone in my car, then I'd be happy to consider it. :)

ectop22lv505ltnp7.jpg

22" 720p.

pctop42rv530urtfi9.jpg

42" 1080p.

s0202008enlyg3.jpg

I'm feeling extremely grateful at the moment. :D

If you have a better suggestion for what I should use to be able to listen to what's on my phone in my car, then I'd be happy to consider it. :)

:lol: Oh. I thought you meant a cassette adapter that would record audio from tapes onto your PC. Sorry for the misunderstanding. You meant a car adapter.

{nice things snipped}

Oooh. Sick.

I wish I had something like this. I'm still using my 17'' from 2002.

_EW_

Wow, congrats to you and your wife, Gurges. What a great day this must be for the two of you. You two are going to have a lot of fun! :)

Thanks, Boba. We are both very excited. Now we're just planning on how we're going to fill it.

And no, we did not pay cash. I'm a long way away from having those kind of assets (I'm 27). One day, I hope! For now it's mortgage, property taxes, and insurance for me :D

Been digging in my old back-up CDs. And found a lost Folder containing lots of photos of mini's from Warhammer 40.000.

Way back when I was 15 ( not that long ago :lol:) I started to get into this hobby of war-gaming, had tons of funs, but as usually at one point I was a bit satisfied of all the stuff involved with the hobby.

And so I just like stopped it all together, untill a few weeks back, seeing my old photos got me back into this :p

Been painting and finishing off, some stuff that was gathering dust.

So here some pictures of random stuff I collected, mostly Chaos Marines, some Tyranids and others.

My Daemon Prince, its a boss monster and a though nut on the board:

DaemonPrince-7.jpg

Some pestiline sick Daemon:

Daemon12.jpg

A Battle sister machine:

DSCN3586.jpg

A Tyranid bug:

Zoanthrope7.jpg

And now some of the newer stuff :p

Another Daemon Prince

DSCN6198.jpg

A marine I made of spare bits and pieces:

DSCN6220.jpg

And War-Jack from the WarMachine game:

DSCN6205.jpg

I won't be posting more, as I got about 300 of these little things... ah my inner nerd is happy :lol:

Hey, maybe they paid in cash. :xp:

I doubt gurges is a local drug baron.

Ive got a mortgage.... quite easily the biggest mistake of my life. Id rather rent two properties, one here and one in spain, and jetset to spain for a month a year... Ive done the numbers, and if I didnt have the mortgage, could have done it! *dammit!!*

If you are planning on breeding and makin kiddies, then however, you are obliged to own a house, so the child and the mortgage can bleed your wallet and soul dry, and you end up a hypertensive mess by the time you are 45. This is the Way of the Western World :)

OT:

I got a projector for my home theater room. As the room is still a work in progress, Im not bothering posting a piccie...

I am planning my next htpc(home theatre pc build)...Im leaning toward this Shuttle SG33G5M.. I already have the SD36G5M in my main lounge(looks exactly the same, but without the gold buttons).

IMO, Those shuttle rigs are one of the best looking htpcs you'll find... onboard HDMI for those Hi-def fans ;)

shuttle-sg33g5m-2.jpg

mtfbwya

I already have 2 kids, so yes I am forced to travel down the mortgage path.

Astro - how does the basic HTPC system work? Do you essentially still need the traditional receiver, and the Shuttle just plugs to the receiver, or does the Shuttle act as the receiver itself? What are the pros/cons?

I already have 2 kids, so yes I am forced to travel down the mortgage path.

Astro - how does the basic HTPC system work? Do you essentially still need the traditional receiver, and the Shuttle just plugs to the receiver, or does the Shuttle act as the receiver itself? What are the pros/cons?

I assume you are referring to a 'tuner' when you say 'transceiver' Every country is different of course, and when thinking about cable and sat TV, there are extra considerations to be made.

In the US, you can definitely get ATSC tuners directly integrated into your htpc.

Cable and sat TV is a bit different. DirecTV is developing a propietary box that will be vmce(vista media center edition) ready, but otherwise, the cheapest way of incorporating cable/sat is by analogue capture.

Pros (IMO) >>in VMCE

*Set up highly customisable. There are alot of third party add ons and tweaks you can enable to get your htpc to do the impossible ;) eg. skinning the interface, weather forecasts and news feeds, flickr etc integration, movie and music collection cataloging.

*With compliant kit, highly stable. If you try cut corners on some components, they may not do what you want!

*Pricey >>but only if you want something that looks nice :) If you are happy with a plain looking rig that will sit in a cupboard, you can get by quite cheaply. The tuners are often the most expensive

Cons

*people who dont know what theyre doing. A rig is only as great as its builder

*out of the box rigs are ok, but usually limited in hardware and upgradeability, and are much more expensive!

*Involves a bit of maintenance...as per any pc. Knowing about codecs, drivers etc all important if you want to be able to self maintain

*DISPLAY! you really need to think about how youre displaying before you manke any further decisions..eg.LCD, plasma, CRT

>>

If you want something thats 'right to go' straight out the box, and will never have to worry about, consider a HD-recorder. Nowhere near the functionality of a htpc, but will allow you to watch/record tv without fuss.

feel free to PM me for any further questions :)

on with the show

mtfbwya

Archived