Home

The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)

Astrotoy7

I traded in my 03 Accord EX for Civic Hybrid. I'll miss my moonroof, but 49 city/51 highway (yeah right, but still) will soothe the pain.

Should we call you Mr. Green now? Nice, but I can not believe you actually did it. I've been looking for a car for a few months and you buy one in a week. Texas and its oil business has no state wide tax incentives for a Hybrid, I see AZ has one similar to the one veto by our Governor. (With sticker) you can now use the HOV lane all by your lonesome. I guess that could be useful, but I’m sure the savings on gas and the federal tax incentives will make it an enjoyable purchase.

Cheers and congratulations on your purchase. May it give you a long worry free ride.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should we call you Mr. Green now?
You can if you'd like :D

Nice, but I can not believe you actually did it.
I've been kicking the idea around for a while. I had to ween myself from my sweet Accord first.

I've been looking for a car for a few months and you buy one in a week.
Actually, I was only on the lot for a few hours. :)

Also, I suppose it wouldn't be nice for me to mention that it took me a while to decide on which color I wanted :)

(I really liked the Magnetic Pearl, but the interior was atrocious).

Texas and its oil business has no state wide tax incentives for a Hybrid, I see AZ has one similar to the one veto by our Governor.
Well, I haven't researched it myself yet, but the dealer told me that that cutesy little tax incentive only applies toward a tax debt. If you don't owe the feds come April 15th, then you actually don't get anything at all. Again, at least according to what he said.

(With sticker) you can now use the HOV lane all by your lonesome.
Yes, I'm actually very excited about this. My department is moving to a new building in a few months and I'll actually have a commute again. Being able to use the HOV lane will be a big plus then.

Cheers and congratulations on your purchase. May it give you a long worry free ride.
Thanks! 4 of my last 6 cars were Hondas, and they've all be very kind to me.

Here's what I bought today:

GY_HYBRID_34FRONT.jpg

I traded in my 03 Accord EX for Civic Hybrid. I'll miss my moonroof, but 49 city/51 highway (yeah right, but still) will soothe the pain.

awesome!! :) The civic hybrid was my second choice after the prius. I like the prius very distinctive interior...like a spaceship with wheels :p

cant wait for the Li-Ion based Prius (2008).... Over 2000kms per tank! (thats pretty much double what they current prius does, efficient as it is)

You'll be able to whizz around in car pool lanes on your own now !! \o/

At my workplace, we often get prizes and awards for 'travelling green' to work. Alot of people catch the train, bus, walk, ride... I just drive to work as normal :p lolz.

Looking forward to see what happens with the H-Cell cars tool. I think an H-cell/Electric hybrid would be awesome. Some third party organisations actually already offer this mod for the prius. Consumption/efficiency is similar, but CO emmissions are ZERO :) Stick that up ya, oil industry :)

Kudos to Honda & Toyota for taking the initiative, because GM, Ford et al were all too chicken to.(and are just starting to jump on the bandwagon now)

mtfbwya

At my workplace, we often get prizes and awards for 'travelling green' to work. Alot of people catch the train, bus, walk, ride... I just drive to work as normal :p lolz.
*remembers that his employer does this as well* Oooo....:D

Consumption/efficiency is similar, but CO emmissions are ZERO :)
Water vapor is a greenhouse gas :(

Kudos to Honda & Toyota for taking the initiative, because GM, Ford et al were all too chicken to.(and are just starting to jump on the bandwagon now)
I'm a little miffed at Honda for making their hybrid Accord a V6 (and therefore relatively worthless as a hybrid), but yes, they deserve cookies nonetheless. I don't see american car companies making their way to the trough anytime soon (in a significant way), but hopefully some competition will spur further innovations.

Kudos on your Prius!

• 2 weeks later...

@Rogue Warrior... apart from me and Lynk....I think no one else knows what that is all about :( Also, this thread is moreso aimed at discussing purchases, planned, received or fantasised... see p1.

@Achilles... you really need to explain it a bit more.... There is a hell of alot more to that story than a throwaway sentence like "water is a greenhouse gas" Maybe direct people to some of the excellent work being done into examining the Earths Radiation Budget... >> but that's for another thread ;)

OT:

After my recent spate of purchases...Im sortve starved for cash....but its that time of the year for me to update my work pda/ phone.... so out goes the O2 atom, in comes the HTC touch.... love that screen... and theyve finally allowed to use of standard excel and ppt docs for their winmobile versions...who said MS doesnt listen(lolz....its been 5 years!) :p

htctouch_1.jpg

mtfbwya

Archived