Home

What Kind Of Car Do you have!

UncleO

It's not one of those neons, it looks just like any other older one. (I'm pretty sure the srt's have the viper powerplant, but I'm not mechanical enough to know for sure)

And the gas mileage is decent, I can go about an hour round trip on $5, the tank is small though and I usually run it low.

lolz @ Niner...I'd hardly call a CRV a hunk-o-junk! :p

as for my car - ive already mentioned it in the xmas prezzy thread but what the hey...

I have a 2004 Toyota Prius. Only had it for about 2 weeks now, and getting quite used to the "pulse and glide" driving technique to maximise fuel efficiency... Ive been regularly been getting 49-51mpg which is great on the hip pocket..(compared to the 23-5 mpg I was getting on the old Honda Accord) :D

here's some pics I originally put up at the swamp:

priusPics.jpg

One thing is for sure, until an even cleaner/efficient engine comes out, all of my cars from now on are going to be hybrids :)

mtfbwya

2000 Toyota Tacoma V6 4x4

upgrades:

• Flowmaster Exhaust
    TRD Exhaust Headers
    K&N Oil Filter Re-Locater
    K&N Replacement Free Flow Air Filter
    Holley Throttle Body
    Bosch 4+ Platinum Spark Plugs

desired upgrades:

• MSD Ignition Coils
    Moroso Plug Wires (both for a hotter spark and a cleaner burn)
    TRD Supercharger
    Bilstein Shocks

yeah, nothing too fancy. i just want my 300 ponies under the hood. :D

2000 Toyota Tacoma V6 4x4

yeah, nothing too fancy. i just want my 300 ponies under the hood. :D

lolz... a good friend of mine has the same car ! I just love ribbing him about his "hillbilly limo" :p

Those 300 ponies get you 17-20 mpg...you must like spending money on petrol ;)

here's some numbers

compare.JPG.36798f255c75a0ec4101cddd56204944.JPG

@ Astro- Why do your MPG go down on the hwy? Thats unusual. Is it a Hybrid thing?

Anyways, I drive a 2000 Saturn SL2 and its silver. Its nothing fancy, but it gets good gas mileage. My dad bought a $65-70K Mercedes around the same time. Funny thing is, my car has been to the shop once to repair a defective lock on the door. His car has been it the shop like 5 or 6 times for much worse problems. I like to tease him about it. :) hehe

I have 2000 black Jetta that I bought when I finished my law degree five 1/2 yrs ago and it still fits more than all my needs. Looks funny in the garage beside my neighbour's brand new extra-luxury Italian sports car (Ferrari) :p

I don't really care about cars as long as they fit my needs and don<t consume too much gas. I'll probably have a look at the Prius for next car but I don't know how good it would be during winter here.

'01 Volkswagen Passat turbo.

It's a pretty good substitute for the Audi 5000 turbo I used to have. I still miss the heated-power-leather-everything the Audi had sometimes, though. :(

But the Passat's a lot smaller, nimbler, and lighter on it's feet than the Audi, which was a bit of a beast (albeit a very fast one!) so I like that a lot more. :)

'87, I think. And it was an automatic.

It had the full luxury package: 12-speaker stereo, computer climate control, memory seats and mirrors,.. the works.

The vice-president of the computer company where my mother works owned it. She bought it from him for a song when he upgraded to a Jag in the early '90s. She drove it a few years, and then gave it to me.

Repairs were expensive, though,.. and when the AC broke down I didn't get it fixed, and had to retire it the next summer. My boss took it, worked on it himself and drove it for a while.

By that time I could afford to lease the VW, which is actually a better fit for me. Much better on gas, too.

Don't even have a license. I briefly considered getting one when I was seventeen, then dismissed the idea as plain silly with my reflexes (or lack of them...). It may cost more, but with public transport at least it's not my fault if I'm late for work :D

Edith: If I could drive, though, my ideal car would be a Rolls-Royce Phantom II Continental.

lolz... a good friend of mine has the same car ! I just love ribbing him about his "hillbilly limo" :p

Those 300 ponies get you 17-20 mpg...you must like spending money on petrol ;)

well, i am from South Carolina, as in the Deep South, USA. generally, if you don't drive a pickup, you drive an SUV. granted, my family is an exception as my Dad drives a 2004 Toyota Celica GT-S and my mom drives a 2003 Honda Accord V6. ;)

and with the fuel economy, my mileage is quite different from the stock V6. the aftermarket parts i have not only give me more power, but they also make the motor run more efficiently. crunching the numbers down, i can estimate that i get an average of 23-26 MPG. and after i get the supercharger, that number should increase even higher. compared to other pickups on the market, those are some great numbers.

the comparison you have isn't really that great as the only thing to compare is fuel economy. the Prius is a fantastic car, but its never going to take me through 2 feet of mud or haul 10+ sheets of 4'x8' drywall. and yes, i do actually use my truck for something other than taking me from point A to point B. if that was the only thing i was using my truck for, i'd definately trade it in for something with better mileage. ;)

Archived