Home

What will you do when the game is announced?

Master Kavar

Now this is a question I've been debating myself for awhile. With kotor III being only a matter of time IMO, when the game is finally officially anounced, will you follow the progress up until the release date, or purposefully avoid all news of the game until its release?

On the one hand I feel I actually made the experience of the frst two games all the better by waiting until I had actually finished them before I scoured the internet for information.

On the other hand I don't want to miss any details between the time early screen shots are released and the final game. And I don't think I have that kind of patience now, I'm already getting antsy for details as it is. @_@

So that's the discussion: is it better to wait? Will anybody here be purposefully avoiding the KOTOR details until the game comes out?

Hmmm, it's a hard decision. Personally, I'll be really excited if/when KotOR3 is announced, but being the stingy person I am I won't buy it straight off because I never buy full-priced games.

In that case, I will try to avoid KotOR3 news but it is difficult. I remember when KotOR2 came out I couldn't stop myself and looked up info on the net, which spoiled parts of the game for me.

Well, I'm that guy that has to read at least half a dozen reviews for a movie before I can decide whether or not I want to see it, so odds are I'll make a concerted effort to glean some information. I don't appreciate flat out spoilers, so I'll probably drop off the map if too much information becomes available. I recall the 2 months between the xbox and PC releases of TSL when I barely even fired up a web browser for fear of finding information that would ruin it for me.

Hehe very funny:lol:

Anyway when the official annoucement comes out, I'll follow up and watch the trailer and read up on the gameplay. I'll mark the day on my calendar and make arrangements to have the day off. I'll get my stick out of the shed and practice trying to beat the other KOTOR eccentrics off. When the day comes I'll be the first in line parrying my stick and try to slice of hands as I get my copies, one for PC and one for XBox. After paying for it, I'll beat my way out of the crowd, run home and pop it into my computer and just play. That'll be my day.

Probably watch trailers and check out the official website to read a bit about it, but i won't go any further than that. I like a bit of mystery when i do finally get it and start playing. I think the unknown element adds to the exitment, which is how i was when i first played Kotor1, completely in the dark.

I'll do a little happy dance, read a few reviews, view a trailer or 2, and ignore any K3 threads so the surprises aren't spoiled for me. That'll be a challenge since I use the PC and I don't have an x-box, and a couple months can be a long time to wait and not have some surprise about the game pop up somewhere. :)

I would check on the progress, trailers etc... just like everyone else. But the second it comes out i will be down the shop buying it. I love the series enough to buy it without hesitation.

Yea i know.... foolish aren't i?

@ Master Kavar

First, I like that avatar. Cool! :)

Second, I decided to take a wait and see aproach. Since I am not in tune with reviews, I may read one or two. I will be excited, but very cautionary.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

If KotOR 3 is only for console, I would probally careless. I will take the wait and see approach. :)

First, I'll start dancing in a native North American style, chanting praises and thanks to the Gods. Then, I'll probably re-play the other two games one more time so I refresh my memory (I haven't played the first game in weeks, and the details are beginning to slip away), followed by more dancing and praising, this time in a Celtic fashion.

As soon as I hear it's out, I'll probably build a shrine to the KotOR gods and pray for their blessings. Then I will devote all my spare time to reading reviews, looking at screenshots, and watching trailers. I will make human sacrifices daily. And when it comes out, I will be the first person in line to buy it, and I will be perfectly willing to kill in order to get to the front of the line. And once I get it, I will ignore those pointless little things like eating, sleeping, and bathing, and I will play it until I fall to the ground as a filthy, half-starved, sleep-deprived rambling lunatic. Then after I beat it a few times, life will go back to normal, but with an extra game to play.

And once I get it, I will ignore those pointless little things like eating, sleeping, and bathing, and I will play it until I fall to the ground as a filthy, half-starved, sleep-deprived rambling lunatic. Then after I beat it a few times, life will go back to normal, but with an extra game to play.
What?! No smiley at the end? Surely after all this I would expect our forum's most evil ahtonaut to at least crack a spiked tooth and devilish grin of satisfaction, heh-heh-heh. :smirk2:

First, I hope that the next KotOR comes out before it requires me to upgrade my system again. I waited 8 months, 2 weeks, and 2 days from TSL's PC release date before I played the game because I didn't want to play it on the marginal system I played the original KotOR on. But like many others have said I'll do a palm punch and say, "Now we're talkin'!", get the initial scoop on the game, then only check on occasion for updates on official release date. Actually, now that I think about it the next KotOR will be the first game I try to buy on its first day of availability.

(snipped) And when it comes out, I will be the first person in line to buy it, and I will be perfectly willing to kill in order to get to the front of the line.

:D

Or you could just pre-buy it like I did with TSL, and on release day walk into the store knowing that you don't have to beat people off with lightsabers because your reserved copy is already there waiting just for you to pick up.

;)That is, unless you have to have your daily quota of violence, in which case we'll go back to your plan for release day. ;)

@ Master Kavar

First, I like that avatar. Cool! :)

Heh, a fellow Mission fan. Thanks. XD

It just occurs to me that I forgot to answer my own question. First and foremost I will certainly be reserving my copy of the game well in advance of the release, and with enough left over to buy a strategy guide to boot. And pity any fool who comes between me and my game...>.>

Before that, despite my best intentions I'm sure I'll be harvesting every tiny drop of information that trickles down to us until the release date.

Archived