Home

What Kind of Game Should KOTOR 3 Be?

Fan48

What Kind of Game Should KOTOR 3 Be?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What Kind of Game Should KOTOR 3 Be?

• Role Playing Game (RPG)
    • Mass Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG)
    • First Person Shooter
    • Third Person Shooter
    • Both 1 & 2
    • Doesn't matter, as long as it's good.

There is no reason to change the format.

The game has to remain RPG. It HAS TOO.

It cant change on the third, it is a game focusing on story, it will not work any other way.

If its made it will definatly be an RPG.

RPG. No other option.

If people want a Star Wars FPS, play the Jedi Knight series. That is the Star Wars FPS. KotoR is the Star Wars RPG. There is a distinction, and there is absolutely no need to switch it up right in the middle of the series. There's also that Darth Vader game coming out soon if JK series isn't good enough for you, but FPS has no place in the KotOR series.

It also can not be an MMORPG. MMORPG's do not have beginnings or endings, and it would be very difficult (read: impossible) to continue the KotOR story if it doesn't have a beginning or ending in the third installment. That's why we have SWG -- having two Star Wars MMORPG's would not be good business. There'd be scant little difference anyway, except that you'd have kolto tanks instead of bacta tanks.

@Whoever voted/will vote FPS:That's a great idea, attract an audience in the first two and then target another audience in the third one.

Exactly.

I like Kotor because it's _not_ a shooter game. If I wanted a FPS, I'd go buy one. If they changed the format in the middle of the series, my response would be somewhere between very disappointed and really ticked off.

I like Kotor because it's _not_ a shooter game. If I wanted a FPS, I'd go buy one. If they changed the format in the middle of the series, my response would be somewhere between very disappointed and really ticked off.

Same here. There are several other SW FPS. For once we have a good single player RPG, let's not ruin it.

RPG definitely. Though I don't mind the game having the following elements:

1) Internal Card Games: Pazaak, onless you want to move on to "the other" famous Star Wars cardgame.

2) Minigames: I don't miss swoop racing too much, but an optional minigame or two is good. Anything from puzzle drops to go knows what, it gives you that little break from the story you need once in a while.

3) Anime Dating Game: Well it is, and has been happening, so keep it up. No, we can leave the "Brokeback Hentai Hot Coffee" part out. But more romance options/actions is not bad either. Just cause "Love and the Force" is always a nice storyline. Jedis Forbid it, Siths Hate it, yet its an important part of the Force.

4) Limited Edition Boxset with reallife Pazaak set.

Same here...

But this is sadly what the Button Mashing ADD Generation of Console Kiddies would like to do is make the style of all games built into the no thinking and all reflexive pulse-pounding action all the time. They have no idea why all games don't offer the same type of twitch gameplay... :roleyess:

On-topic: Let's keep KotOR III an RPG like the first two are. ;)

Same here...

But this is sadly what the Button Mashing ADD Generation of Console Kiddies would like to do is make the style of all games built into the no thinking and all reflexive pulse-pounding action all the time. They have no idea why all games don't offer the same type of twitch gameplay... :roleyess:

What do you bet something like that got said of those of us from the Atari generation (and later)? I wore out controllers playing Pac-man, Space Invaders, and Circus Atari. :D

However, there's only so many times you can push a button before you realize, 'hey, in the last scene, I pushed a button a zillion times to kill the creature. And in this scene, I'm pushing a button a zillion times to kill this creature. You know, I wonder if there's more to gaming?' Then I saw several friends of mine having fun playing D&D (during the time of 'if you play that, you'll end up deranged and running around in sewers chasing alligators' no less). That was the end of button-mashing for me, at least until my kids started getting old enough to play video games. :)

Now I like to have some thinking going on with my games, and the RPGs and mystery games (CSI, Agatha Christie, etc.) fit the bill very nicely, along with the D&D and Avalon Hill games.

I'd actually like to see more SW RPGs if they don't continue Kotor.

I for one don't see how it can't be both an RPG and and FPS, like Oblivion is, and Oblivion is far superior to Kotor I or II, so why not have Kotor III be like Oblivion?

Well, that would be wierd, playing the first two games, buying the third and having to learn an entirely different way to play the game. And remember that many people here like it because it isn't twitch.

it should be like oblivion still a rpg. but with the combat in first person. if you want because even in oblivion you can fight in third person so haveing the choice is a good thing. I totaly agree and if you chose to use first person. Useing the force to block and see your charcter block in first person would be extrelmy cool in my oppion.

What all the people in the "KotOR 3 should be an RPG" camp said. :D

If and when (hopefully more when than if) KotOR 3 gets made I'll be interested to see how the combat is handled. Will KotOR 3's combat system follow along the lines of TES IV: Oblivion and Mass Effect? Seems quite possible to me although I don't know how I would like it since I haven't played Oblivion and Mass Effect isn't yet available. It's an interesting trend to note though how game developers are incorporating FPS/TPS elements into their most recent RPG's.

Archived