Home

The Very Best of YouTube (*See Forum Rules*)

jon_hill987

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's some funky stuff you've got there, man. What is that last model you created there?

Thanks, glad you liked it. The last model is just some kind of wacky orange monster with very large teeth, I guess there isn't much more to him thant that :p

• 2 weeks later...

My group's senior project. took about 2 quarters to get this working. Basically it's a cart that follows a user from a transmitter the person carries. The transmitter pulses out a signal that the sensors on the cart receive, and those activate the motors so that the cart follows the user with a fair amount of accuracy. the cart also has an accelerometer on the top, so it can sense changes in the leveling of the terran like if it goes up or down a hill, and thus extends or lowers the linear actuator so that the top stays level while it goes up or down.

here's a vid of it following me around

and here is the actuator at work. we lift up one of the sides so that it simulates it going down a hill, and you can see the actuator activate

My group's senior project. took about 2 quarters to get this working. Basically it's a cart that follows a user from a transmitter the person carries. The transmitter pulses out a signal that the sensors on the cart receive, and those activate the motors so that the cart follows the user with a fair amount of accuracy. the cart also has an accelerometer on the top, so it can sense changes in the leveling of the terran like if it goes up or down a hill, and thus extends or lowers the linear actuator so that the top stays level while it goes up or down.

here's a vid of it following me around

and here is the actuator at work. we lift up one of the sides so that it simulates it going down a hill, and you can see the actuator activate

As I also posted in the comments:

Very cool. I can think of some ways this could be useful for everyday life :D

This has to be the funniest thing I've seen in weeks. I haven't laughed so hard in a bit.

Microsoft Bans Hitler for hacking his 360

hitlerXBL.png

(Click to play)

"I'M SO DESPERATE FOR A GAMES CONSOLE RIGHT NOW, I MIGHT EVEN GO BUY A GOD DAMNED PS3!!!"

"Don't worry dear, he's not that desperate."

Brilliant :D

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://vid89.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid89.photobucket.com/albums/k219/CLONECOMMANDER50/Roman2WIP.flv"></embed>

A video I made :D

Grrrrrrrrrr.... Why does the embed code nver work....

Archived