Home

Phobias

Emperor Devon

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay...RJM...Daedra web...just no... :indif:

@Topic:

I'm somwhat afraid of heights. But when I stood atop the Eiffel Tower/Martini Tower(NOT what you think:xp: ) and some other hight object, I'm not afraid at all. But when I stand atop a ladder for instance, I get scared as hell...

I don't have any phobia's other then that as far as I can tell...(although Moderatophobia is rising...).

Some things in the list are quit strange, imo:

Angrophobia - Fear of anger or of becoming angry.

But...fear leads to anger?? :yodac:

Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.

How RJM-ish! :xp:

Atomosophobia- Fear of atomic explosions.

No f*cking ****...those a-bombs tend to hurt :smash:

Phallophobia

Rectophobia

Kolpophobia

and

Ithyphallophobia

are all going down in the autobiography.

I can recommend a good therapist for that....

I'm gonna go one further. :D

It took a few searches to find, but here it is:

That must have taken more than a few searches--I think I posted in that thread something like almost a year ago maybe. You forum 'stalker', you. ;P

I actually read the whole list and I came out with these. Also, spiders make me freak but I wouldn't call it a phobia. If I'm under-water and I lose my breath then I start to panic but that's natural.

Major Apeirophobia- Fear of infinity.

Minor Doxophobia- Fear of expressing opinions or of receiving praise.

Minor/medium Illyngophobia- Fear of vertigo or feeling dizzy when looking down.

Panophobia or Pantophobia- Fear of everything. (lol not really but I thought it was funny)

Man! that stuff ****s me!

@Mace, how you can end not being afraid or disgusted with bugs after that is beyond me. :indif:
Oh, bugs disgust me, alright. Any insects or spiders...yeccch. I'm not at the point of being phobic like my big, huge, tough (wussball) cousin, but I do hate them. Seeing a show about anthills or termite mounds always has me involuntarily wiping my nose and ears. And those really really big cockroaches from the amazon that they've got in terrariums at the zoo just make my skin crawl. Once, some customer left a camper trailer to get some work done at a garage I used to work at, and when we took off the wheels, we found a Black Widow spider hanging around on the axle. The guys were like, "I dunno...is that a Black Widow...? Uh...well, it's about the right size, it's got that red hourglass spot on its stomache...anyone have an encyclopedia...?" and I was just standing there brandishing a mallet saying, "Dammit...let's just KILL IT NOW!"

Only 2 "real" fears for me...

1) Bees, I'm allergic and am not fond of shooting myself up with epinephrine, or anything else that requires a needle .. hehehe :xp:

2) Fear of Crowds, yeah.. seriously.. ever wonder why (for those that know me) have such an odd 'schedule' is for avoidance of people. Holidays are a nightmare and I live in the city mainly because there are 24/7 places so I can get what needs to be done.. done... without having to go into a "fit" just trying to buy a dvd :(

Mail order and 24/7 shops are a godsend...

Venustraphobia- Fear of beautiful women.

lmfao this site is f***ing hilarious!

You got to be kidding me...

Who's afraid of beautiful women? Oh my god?

Forgot my fears:

Spiders. Once when I was little, I woke up in the morning after spotting something black right above me (you know, when waking up in the morning, i don't see sharp instantly). Instinctively I rolled my head to the side... and in just that moment, the black thing turned out to be an ugly spider, landing on my pillow. Since then I'm afraid of spiders.

Minor Doxophobia- Fear of expressing opinions or of receiving praise.

Well I am not afraid to express opinions since there is proof of that here on the forums and I do that in the classroom. The second part is that of receiving praise mainly in academic achievments. Yeah praise is good and all but I have a tendency to shrink away from being acknowledged in such a matter. If I had my way, I would avoid graduation entirely in June but I force it back because Mummy and Daddy are so proud of me. Anyway as much as I like praise I enjoy watching other people get it, particularly in academics. My sisters are always telling me that I am so smart and I know a lot of stuff and Dr. Robertshaw made me red three times in archaeology concerning my research grants for McNair scholars program. True I like to be known for being intelligentt, I just avoid it all costs. Call me wierd but somehow I get the impression that the praise intimidates people hence my lonely existence at times. Oh well. I guess I better get used to it since I am applying to graduate school.

@ Chainz- you said you are afraid of bees. Is that why your avatar is a bee? :D

^^^

you'll be better off without eating those. :p man, those suck! i would suggest some more sane Cornflakes or Capn Crunch while i'm at it. :D

:lol: Baby steps to overcoming my fears.. I figure I'll start with the cartoon ones.

i think it also explains the "Jolee wanna-bee" in your title :D

Beleive me, I definately do not have a fear of expressing my feelings. Anything but. It's the praise part that gets me. *shudder*

but youre a sharp-dressed man, Jim! And youre a suicide commando!!

I'm not trying to get you pi$$ed off, but i was just using that immersion therapy thats so popular. hope youre not mad :)

hmm, i have a definate fear of heights, but i wouldn't classify it as a phobia. i'll tell you one thing, though: it definately makes riding a roller coaster or some other thrill ride that takes you up real high a better adrenaline rush. :D

otherwise, i can't think of anything that i'm phobic of. hmm, maybe whenever i see that T-Rex walking down the street....

I only have one real phobia, I don't know if it has a name though. I'm scared of goats, one day in pre-school these goats came waltzing into our playground and I tried to pet one and it bit my hand. I hate the things now, wont go near them.

Though they're probably not officially known as such, I know from experience that goats are omnivores. They'll eat anything! Well, not really: I've never seen one eat meat of any kind, but anything else is fair game. We had goats when I was growing up and we used to sic them on the poison ivy that was growing on the side of our house. Goats are mischievous, playful and very intelligent creatures, probably the most intelligent herd animal there is. I've always liked them. :)

Archived