Home

Spiderman 3 - Thoughts and Opinions

Commander Obi-Wan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw it earlier today... It was awesome. I Will only see it at least 1 or 2 more times. The last 30 minutes alone is worth the ticket.

Venom looked like what Spiderman should looked like. All skinny looking. Venom needed to be like the Venom from the Ultimate Spiderman game.

Holy crap...

I saw it at midnight last night, and I must say, it was incredible. Quite easily the best of the three. There was so much going on so many stories, but they handled it perfectly.

Venom was everything I had expected. I only wish he had had a bigger part, but then again, all he's good for is web-slinging action, and that would probably get pretty repetitious after a while.

The dual Spidey/Goblin tag team at the end was AMAZING!!! O_O

I was on the edge of my seat with my mouth open the whole time through about the last 20 minutes, including that bit with the Harry/Spidey duo. I like Harry now that he became friends with Peter again, so it makes me a little mad/sad that he died, but I guess it worked.

I'm glad that

Harry died at the end. It would have been too Disney/cliched to keep him alive. Topher Grace was good. The sequence with pete getting fat was boring. the movie took a nosedive in fun level after Pete broke it off with mary jane and came back up for air with the venom and bell ringing action

I just got back from seeing it. I'll just post my thoughts in spoiler tags.

At the beginning I was liking it but when he looked in that reflection and very cheesily made his hair emo from there it went downhill, until the last battle which was amazing. I really thought they could have done more with venom. He was a very short-lived character for probably Spider-man's greatest nemesis in the comics. I thought the Sandman was OK and I was glad to see Harry come to the rescue at the end. Overall when asked what I thought I said "meh" because of how cheesy it was at times. My favorite cheesy part was when Peter started jumping around the diner with Gwen, how bad was that? Something like that would never happen.

Yes, I realize that several parts and lines in the movie did seem over the top and cheesy, but for me, it kind of reminded me that these are comic book characters we are dealing with. And I'll admit, I haven't read many of the original Spiderman comics, and those that I did read I read ages ago, but several parts, including the part where Peter brushed his hair down and the Jazz bar dance scene just seemed, for me, to pay homage to the occasionally over-the-top comic book genre. Bug meh, I'm probably the only one who thinks this way...

I went to see it last night. I enjoyed it all in all. Some of the scenes were well done, and some are just.... weird. But, I enjoyed the movie. I'm with SWPhreak, I'd see it again, just to see the final battle scene. I want to see it in IMAX though. And I must say, Gwen Stacy isn't too bad looking herself. :p

Venom looked like what Spiderman should looked like. All skinny looking. Venom needed to be like the Venom from the Ultimate Spiderman game.

Yes he should have been bigger but if you caught the "Jr." part after Eddie introduced himself, that explains why Vemon was so small.

I for one could have cared less for

emo parker and also with the collapsing building floor. Why didn't Spider-Man save the other two people sliding off the floor? If you watched carefully you would have noticed two more people sliding off the floor.

EDIT!

Dont forget the Professor also still has a sample of the symbiote!

I saw it last night.

Awful. Just awful. It's like X-men 3 all over again. It was like a frickin' soap opera. Half of the movie was spent with characters crying about something or other, and the rest of it was still full of extraordinarily cheesy lines. There's another 3rd part of a trilogy that I won't be picking up on DVD.

I saw it last night.

Awful. Just awful. It's like X-men 3 all over again. It was like a frickin' soap opera. Half of the movie was spent with characters crying about something or other, and the rest of it was still full of extraordinarily cheesy lines. There's another 3rd part of a trilogy that I won't be picking up on DVD.

My friend said it was retarded too. I was hoping it would be epic win. :(

Spider-Man 3 seems like it's Spider-Man meets Saturday Night Fever meets dramatic soap opera.

QFT ^

I'm pretty disappointed, I just couldn't connect with any of the characters. And Peter's weird piano-scene with Gwen Stacy was ridiculous. The 'emo' look was also something that didn't quite fit in. It didn't feel like I was watching a Spider-man movie, rather some weird drama.

I liked Spider-man 1 & 2 a lot more.

If I had a hottie right next door to me who liked me that much and I was under the influence of Venom I'd probably do something about it and not ask for flippin' cooking.

Well, I'd ask for cookies but I'd be metaphorically speaking if ya know what I mean.

A hottie?!? If you think that she was a hottie you my friend have issues...

I thought the movie was pretty good. I knew it would be crammed way before seeing it, just knowing there were 3 villians, so i wasn't expecting too much out of it. However there were some things that I didn't like.

Since it was crammed, it felt like the first half of the movie was also very disjointed, jumping from one scene to another and then to another story and then another story. also, why the hell did the butler wait so long to tell Harry the truth? He seems to know a lot about what really goes on, and knew of Harry's hatred for Spider-man because of his father's death. The whole revelation seemed way to random, like he just walks in, goes "Oh yeah, Spider-Man didn't kill your father. cheerio!"

Also, I felt there wasn't enough scenes with Spider-Man in it. There was a lot of Peter, but mainly the only scenes with Spider-Man were for big fights with other villians. He didn't even round up a couple of small-time criminals or anything. Also the ending seemed a bit out of place. Usually they end the spidey movies with Spider-Man swinging through the city, but this one just ended with him dancing with Mary Jane. I was also hoping for a "We are Venom" or something like that from Eddie, but he didn't really say anything like that.

I didn't liked either :/

I expected much from it...

The whole movie is bad if you ask me... Too much going on and not well explained enough.

The whole Emo-Peter was weird...

For those that didn't knew Venom still don't know his name cuz he never said it. Harry being Peter friend again?! And that butler scene?!!! man.. I can't believe they did that...

It's really like X-Men 3 again.

It was sweet. You all write too much.

- PR-0927/Majin Revan

QFT

Definately not as good as the other two, but it wasn't like with X3 where I left feeling angry that I just wasted two hours. All in all, I found it to be a pretty sweet ride with only minor qualms.

Archived