Home

Best Fight Scene

A friend and I were talking about Chuck Norris and we started talking about fight scenes in movies, games, books, etc.

So the question is simple: What is the best fight scene you've ever seen?

Ground rules though:

-It must be in a movie, book, comic, book or video game cinematic.

-Excludes your intervention. This simply means that the Starforge fight between Revan and Malak is excluded for example.

-Explain why you like the scene.

-You can post more then one.

Since I'm the first poster, I go first:

-Star Wars Episode 1: Obi Wan and Qui Gon vs. Darth Maul. The music is perfect, very little emotions but incredible moves. This is the first "new" generation of Star Wars lightsaber duels and was the highlight of the Phantom Menace.

-Yoda vs. Dooku, Star Wars Episode 2: The green midget fights for the first time. Although it's not spectacular, the simple fact that Yoda fights makes up for it.

-Spike vs. Vicious, Cowboy Bebop: Cowboy Bebop is awesome. Spike is awesome. Everything is awesome. Seriously, although there's not a lot of emotional attachment to Vicious since he's only around for a few episodes, what happens to Spike is just...it broke my heart. I will say no more.

-Grom Hellscream vs. Mannoroth, WarCraft 3 Reign of Chaos: Beautifully animated cinematic like only Blizzard can do. Although there's not much of a battle, it still remains a great confrontation for the future of the Orcish race.

-Optimus Prime vs. Megatron, The Transformers: Pick a confrontation. They're all great. Giant robots fighting each other. Need I say more?

-This: http://youtube.com/watch?v=lPNhqOT2G_k

Words cannot describe it.

1. Connor MacLeod vs. Victor Kruger, Highlander. This is a battle to the death with mankind fate hanging in the balance. Connor seeks to save the life of his latest love while avenging the life of his mentor and getting revenge for the rape of his first love. He must battle the strength of unbeatable warrior to gain the ultimate prize.

The shot is a little dark, but this is made up for with plenty of action and some very good one liners.

2. Westley vs. Inigo Montoya. The Princess Bride. The sword fighting is great, but the dialogue makes this a great scene. The revaluation that both are fighting left-handed at the beginning of the fight, but neither is actually left-handed is hilarious.

* From Russia With Love - James Bond fighting Grant on the train. I've always thought that to be one of the greatest fight scenes in film history.

* The Phantom Menace - Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs. Darth Maul. The choreography is amazing and it was the first real lightsaber fight from trained Jedi that we had seen.

-Star Wars Episode 1: Obi Wan and Qui Gon vs. Darth Maul. The music is perfect, very little emotions but incredible moves. This is the first "new" generation of Star Wars lightsaber duels and was the highlight of the Phantom Menace.

I think the emotions at the end of the fight are quite strong actually, Qui-Gon was a very charismatic Jedi Master with a lot of potential, which made even more of an impact I believe...The way Obi-Wan defeats Maul sets a precedent for how Obi-Wan will eventually beat Anakin on Mustafar, the similarity is clear and again, has a very strong impact.

All in all, IMO, the most impressive lightsaber duel of the New Trilogy (followed closely by Obi-Wan vs Anakin)

-Yoda vs. Dooku, Star Wars Episode 2: The green midget fights for the first time. Although it's not spectacular, the simple fact that Yoda fights makes up for it.

kudos to whoever came up with the idea of making him unsheathe his lightsaber with the Force...

-Spike vs. Vicious, Cowboy Bebop: Cowboy Bebop is awesome. Spike is awesome. Everything is awesome. Seriously, although there's not a lot of emotional attachment to Vicious since he's only around for a few episodes, what happens to Spike is just...it broke my heart. I will say no more.

The fact that Vicious isn't around that often adds to the whole mysterious side of him though, which in a way gives more depth to it all I think...

-Optimus Prime vs. Megatron, The Transformers: Pick a confrontation. They're all great. Giant robots fighting each other. Need I say more?

Word

The only thing I would add to that is:

Every fight ever seen in almost any Gundam episode of any type lol

Giant robots fighting each other with laser swords and such, pwnage!

What I would add is:

- Luke Vs Vader (Episode VI), my favorite lightsaber battle since I was wee...So much emotion going on it's unreal, it just has a very special meaning to me.

- Anakin Vs Ventress in CW, simply amazing!

- Dante Vs Vergil (cutscenes) in Devil May Cry 3 (PS2 Game)...Twin sons of a renegade demon battle for good and evil at the top of a moonlit tower, how much cooler can it get? Oh, did I mention one of them carries the most badass katana ever?

- The Bride Vs the Crazy 88 in Kill Bill Vol 1, Need I say more?

- Shinji Mimura Vs Kazuo Kiriyama in Battle Royale Vol 6 (Manga/Graphic Novel), very out of the ordinary, but very entertaining and gut-wrenching nonetheless...

- Hiroki Sugimura Vs Kazuo Kiriyama in Battle Royale Vol 11 and 12 (Manga/Graphic Novel), beautifully drawn and told, very emotional and totally unpredictable, a top class battle!

Every fight ever seen in almost any Gundam episode of any type lol

Giant robots fighting each other with laser swords and such, pwnage!

I disagree. A lot of them are interrupted by long monologues about why fighting is wrong, lots of teenagers crying, insanity, etc. Although nicely animated, pacing still remains a problem, IMO, for most major Gundam series. Too much time spent crying, not enough time spent destroying each other.

Mine Are all SW. from least fave to most.

Episode II - I Just loved the hole Anakin, Obi-wan and then Yoda vs Dooku.

Episode III- I cried at the end of this battle it was just so... Awesome.

Episode V - Luke vs VAder this has to be my fave battle with the hole I am your farther at then. I nearly **** my self the first time I saw it...

Need I say more?

edit:

And this.

And this: Artemis Fowl and co. vs. the demons in a time warp.

Any great battle for the fate of the world, galaxy, universe, existence, etc. is made ten times better by being fought in a place that is crumbling to pieces, making the chances higher by the second that neither side is going to escape alive.

Oh there are so many....

Jet Li vs the white guy in Unleashed

Pretty much every duel in Ong Bak

Luke vs Vader in Episode V

Maximus vs Commudus in Gladiator

King Leonidas vs the big guy in 300

The bride vs the crazy 88

Maul vs Obi and Quigon in Epsiode I

jackie chan vs Lord ehm.. ? in Shanghai Knights

Neo vs some guys in the castle in Matrix II

Arthas vs Illidan in Warcraft 3 TFT. My favourite game duel ever. Even though it uses Warcraft engine it's so nicely done and with great sound too.

Anakin versus Dooku, Ep.III- Pure style, Karma's a bitch Dook's.

Obi Wan Versus Maul, Ep.I- goes without saying.

Yoda Versus Dooku, Ep.II- Don't "BEEP" with a Jedi Master son!

Luke Versus Vader, Ep.IV- cool fight, cool quotes, cool outfit's, THE best!

All the No Retreat, No Surrender fights, cheesy acting but awesome fights, my first taste of the martial arts.

Neo Versus agent Smith, Matrix I- Before we got bored of bullet time.

Sylvar Versus Ulic Qel-Droma, Redemption #5- for a comic it had a lot of emotion, reminiscent of Vader Versus Luke in Ep. VI.

• Darth Maul versus Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn (Episode I) such as memorable battle. Music was great. Just such an awesome scene.
  • Darth Vader versus Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode III). Well, this one was just up there with the other one. The music was great and the actions and 'move' were amazing
  • Essentially anything that Christian Bale did in this film was amazing. I can't just choose one since they were all too awesome just to post on.

• Personally one of my favourite fan-made lightsaber battles I've scene. Great choreography.

More to come when I can think of them...

Jet Li vs the white guy in Unleashed

Maximus vs Commudus in Gladiator

King Leonidas vs the big guy in 300

Maul vs Obi and Quigon in Epsiode I

Best fight scenes ever the best one being the Unleashed one, plus in the Matrix 2 when Neo fighting all the Smith's.

Fistfight: Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris in the Coloseum,

Muhamhad Ali vs. Foreman in the Rumble in the Jungle, or

Dutch vs. the Predator.

Weapon: Obi-wan/Qui-gon vs. Maul,

Achilles vs. Hector in Troy, or

Oren-Ishii vs. Beatrice in Kill Bill vol.I

Comic: Spiderman vs. Wolverine. They battled in a graveyard somewhere in Germany once and I have the comic. I don't recall the exact number. They destroyed a few headstones trying to kill each other. It's a classic.

My favourites are from the movie Equilibrium. It has some of the best i've ever seen.

In Star Wars, my favourite is the Obi Wan vs Anakin duel EP3. It may not be the best ever according to others, but I liked it more because of the amount of emotion involved, and it was and amazing sequence.

Archived