Home

Pho3nix

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah i hate midnight showings. the crowd is usually all rowdy and cheering and applauding and any moment, plus the theater is usually jam-packed full. i rather just go early in the morning a few days or week later so i don't have to deal with all of that.

Man, I thought I was like the only one. :indif:

Probably gonna wait until Saturday to see it. I'm working tonight...not that that particular fact deters my fiance' from wanting to go tonight. Don't get me wrong, I wanna see it ASAP, but seeing as how I work from 10pm to 6am and I sleep during the day...well, you do the math.

WEWT!! 4000th post.

Gorgeous.

Also our rogue's gallery assembled tonight. Was epic.

I went through a Wendy's drive thru before the movie and handed him my credit card along with a joker card and said "here's my card"

They took pictures of me drinking sweet tea in makeup. :D

A guy in the theatre said "you look so much like Heath Ledger right now, it's kinda scaring me."

So I gave him a card too.

And I left my last card on the arm of a big statue of the Incredible Hulk as we walked out. :D

Well my first impression is that this tops even Batman Begins, it was just so well done. I'm definitely gonna see it again one day soon. Heath Ledger was just so good as the Joker. And I think Maggie Gyllenhaal was probably better as Rachel than Katie Holmes would have been. So yeah this movie ****ing rocked.

I went today at 1:00 and the theater had plenty of open seats... I was shocked, but then again I didn't see it in a very popular theater.

It was...ahhhhh.

see, I'm a BIG villain buff. I love villains in movies and videogames and I mean heroes are fine but there's something about a good villain that really gets me. Heath Ledger BECAME the Joker, he mastered that character. Even thinking of the original Batman movie with Jack Nicholson is putrid, that's how legendary TDK was.

Not to give anything away, but I'm kinda bummin about the ending. I hope there's a sequel, though

I can't really see how there'll be one, what with how TDK ended. oh, and my FAVORITE thing about this movie is that the Joker doesn't die. That really would've hurt my opinion of the movie, and the fact that they just arrested him... perfect.

Not to give anything away, but I'm kinda bummin about the ending. I hope there's a sequel, though

I can't really see how there'll be one, what with how TDK ended. oh, and my FAVORITE thing about this movie is that the Joker doesn't die. That really would've hurt my opinion of the movie, and the fact that they just arrested him... perfect.

They are.

Joker will hopefully not be in any more movies. I love him, but he's Heath's. I don't think Nolan is dumb enough to let someone take Heath's last role. At any rate, the movie ended how it had to end. Gordon's monologue was kinda long though. And I'm very sad that Two Face died, though I suppose it had to happen.

They are.

Joker will hopefully not be in any more movies. I love him, but he's Heath's. I don't think Nolan is dumb enough to let someone take Heath's last role. At any rate, the movie ended how it had to end. Gordon's monologue was kinda long though. And I'm very sad that Two Face died, though I suppose it had to happen.

I never liked the Two Face much... Liked his death.

most of you will think I'm crazy me for what I'm about to say but oh well...

Dunno I expected more of the filme itself. Of course Heath Ledgers acting was awesome but the rest of the filme was just mediocre if you ask me...

Like a normal super-hero movie and not awesome...

Well that's what I think anyway...

I never liked the Two Face much... Liked his death.

most of you will think I'm crazy me for what I'm about to say but oh well...

Dunno I expected more of the filme itself. Of course Heath Ledgers acting was awesome but the rest of the filme was just mediocre if you ask me...

Like a normal super-hero movie and not awesome...

Well that's what I think anyway...

Yep, I definitely think you're crazy.

:p

I think this was the best superhero movie ever, hands down. It was so deep, so dark, so mentally-stimulating.

- PR-0927

Yeah I thought as much...

The film was ok, what was really amazing was Ledger's acting. That was perfect but everthing else was just regular... Wasn't great if in my opinion...

That time with the two boats, that was pathetic... I don't know why they keep doing those kind of things in movies. Trying to show that people wouldn't do those things. THAT is the lie, if it was in the real world BOTH boats would have exploded cuz the people would get the detonator.

Saw it yesterday. I thought it was great, I liked a lot of it. It actually had things happening other than mindless comic book movie action, but it still had some of that, which is good too. :p

I probably got a bit of a different experience from the movie from anyone else here, because I never saw the first one, but here's a few noteworthy things (I'm just gonna put the whole thing in spoiler tags for safety):

The Joker. I didn't think I'd like the Joker that much, I thought it was going to be an overly-goth and dark version, but what I got was just an awesome version of the Joker. Heath Ledger really did an amazing job, which made me sad at the end because the first thing I thought was how I would have wanted to see more of him in the next movie. What also struck me was how not like Heath Ledger it was, he was so into the character I just about forgot it was him for awhile.

I also liked Two Face, and I wished the character hadn't died because I wanted to see more of him too. They managed to give him so many of his cartoony features yet kept it so realistic, and it looked really good. The coin thing was great too.

Now for things that were new to me because I hadn't seen Batman Begins:

Like Batman, for instance. I have to say this is probably the best film-version of batman I've ever seen, which is really not saying much. I still wasn't all that impressed, to be honest. He didn't have a whole lot of character depth and for the most part he was just kind of there. He didn't seem all that troubled and was a bit more of a billionaire jet-setter than I thought Bruce Wayne should be. The laryngitis thing bothered me at first too, but I guess it does make more sense that way. I'll have to see Batman Begins before I come to any conclusions.

What I did like were Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox and Michael Caine as Alfred, they were awesome.

Over anything else, it was all-in-all a great movie.

That time with the two boats, that was pathetic... I don't know why they keep doing those kind of things in movies. Trying to show that people wouldn't do those things. THAT is the lie, if it was in the real world BOTH boats would have exploded cuz the people would get the detonator.

I'm not saying I liked that part either, it was a really transparent moral dilemma, and it seemed rather forced, but I was actually quite impressed with the way they handled it. I don't wanna have a debate with you right here in the thread, but I'll have to respectfully disagree with you. The deliberations (with the voting and all of that) and the comments that people were making, as well as the fact that no one was quite bad enough to blow up the other boat was a pretty accurate reflection of what would happen in my opinion.

Archived