Home

Will we ever achieve world peace?

Arcesious

Will we ever achieve world peace, happiness of all mankind, all problems solved, etc, etc? I doubt it myself... lookignt hough all these threads and watcing CNN it just seems like the world keeps gettign worse and worse...

Your thoughts? Ideas on how to unite/fix the world?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than the potential unifying of humanity against and outside threat(and that's not really peace anyway), the only lasting peace we'll have will be the silence after all the atom bombs go off. There are simply too many reasons for people to kill each other, whether they be cultural, religious, or otherwise, people WILL keep killing each other.

If you're narrowly defining World Peace as the lack of wars, I think that could only happen in two specific scenarios: a totalitarian one-world state, or a complete lack of government and the onset of anarcho-capitalism.

no one has any ideas as to how to do this without killign all mankind...

guess i'll have to make an idea...

What if all the sperate sects of humanity seperated and went to different worlds and left eahc other aloen after we had advnaced enough technology? woudl isolation between the different sects of us work?

Sorry John, Even Anarchistic societies would have warlords. AnarchoCapitalists would have warring corporations(Shadowrun?).

Arcesious: Pretty much the only way to keep wars from happening would be to give each person his own planet, and no way to reach or attack the other planets. Then we might still have wars of words haha

Unfortunately, I don't think that there can be world peace, mainly because it is in our nature to...fight, sin, wage war, sometimes kill, own, destroy, ect, ect. IMO, the only time that we (as a world) will come into peace is when Jesus Christ returns.

World peace, prrffft.

What's with those other species fighting over territories and stuff? It's in the nature of almost every species to fight over these things. It's an important strategy for surviving. And if at all, then it's the humans who would be able to overcome this. Not some ants or primates.

What if all the sperate sects of humanity seperated and went to different worlds and left eahc other aloen after we had advnaced enough technology? woudl isolation between the different sects of us work?
Nope. However, what would work is to take those people and force their own stuff and what they do down their own throats, so hard and so long until they start laughing. Then continue because they are laughing. And when they laughed so hard that every last bit of ignorance and aggression run out of their behinds, sew it close, so it won't come back. :carms:

Will we ever achieve world peace, happiness of all mankind, all problems solved, etc, etc?

No. It's in our nature to destroy ourselves.

Racism, poverty and war will exist as long as Homo Sapiens breathes on this planet.

World peace will happen when the human race is dead.

What if all the seperate sects of humanity separated and went to different worlds and left each other alone after we had advanced enough technology? would isolation between the different sects of us work?

No, because separation breeds differences, differences create problems in understanding, lack of understanding makes people scared, scared people kill each other.

I suppose a solution like the Borg would work. One where we have no individualism.

World peace can be reached by only two means.

1. The destruction of mankind.

2. Greed is eventually wiped out of our emotional bank in the human mind.

Either way, the factor of greed and power is removed allowing for the likelihood of death, destruction, and otherwise general chaos to be a thing of the past.

I would like to believe that humans will continue to evolve and one day in the distant future world peace could become a reality. Maybe that is just the overly optimistic side of me coming out, but I do hope that it would be possible without the complete annihilation of mankind. Although the only way I can see it happening now is like John Galt wrote from an outside influence like an alien attack or a catastrophic natural disaster that forced us to work together for mutual survival. The only reason it would be possible is to have an abundance of natural resources (land, energy, food) to eliminate greed (as pointed out by El Sitherino) and the only way I see that possible is by some type of disaster that devastated the population.

Hey, anything is possible I’m sure ancient man would be surprised to see how well the inhabitants of a nation can get along compared to tribes battling it out for supremacy. Of course, in parts of the world it would still look extremely familiar to him.

Actually, I think that would only work for a time. Eventually people would revert to their fractious ways. 5000+ years of recorded history is proof. Short of genetic or technological manipulation of whole populations, I don't much see any change in human nature for millenia to come.

Archived