Home

What is your fear/phobia?

Arcesious

I was talkign about this to my firends at school today... what our worst fears and pbias were. it was interestign to here what they had to say, and i tihnk this would be fun to discuss.

I have a wierd fear of vortexes... I'm extremely scared of tornados, and black holes simply scare the bejeebers out of me thinking about their destructive power and what it woudl feel liek if i was sucked into one...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was talkign about this to my firends at school today

Ha, I had a snow day today! :D The weather were I am living is quite bad, one of the worst in years...

Well back on topic... Probably one of my greatest fears is of spiders. I think that I might get over it because my bedroom had a few Hobo spiders. Or at least something that is very closely related to them.

Another fear of mine would have to be of God. He could take my life or one of my loved ones at any given moment. I don't even know if I will live to see tomorrow. But, this is a healthy fear.

Other than that , I really can't think of anything at the moment. :)

Deep down I have a fear of dying... but does that really count? I think were all pretty scared of the moment we stop living. Not because were scared of what might be on the other side, but because its just something innately wrong with the whole concept. Especially if you die young. >.>

But real phobias? I have a few... Heights being my biggest fear, you have to drug me just to get me to the edge of a really tall building or stair case. Terrifies the crap out of me. I get dizzy on those skywalks you sometimes find over streets. Its so bad that Ive gotten scared of high places just seeing them on tv or in games.

The dark... yeah, I know it sounds childish. But there are times Ill be terrified to enter a dark room. I used to sleep on the backporch of my old house when I was little, and despite the fact I loved having it for my room, the basement door creeped me out. My grandparents basement terrified me too... and I think it was a sick joke that they put the pencil sharpener down there (its an old crank one).

And finally, Ill admit this one is funny... I sometimes get scared of my reflection in the mirror at night. Like when Im brushing my teeth. Cant explain it, and I know its stupid... but there it is.

Well, you can't be too ugly/frightening or the mirror'd have cracked, right? :D I guess the only thing that would really bother me would be to end up in a nursing home when I get old. Have seen a few first hand and think that losing one's mind might be the best way to cope with having to spend your remaining years in one of those places.

I'm necrophobic. Can't stand to be near corpses or graveyards. Zombie movies just about give me a coronary!

College. I'm completely scared ****less of college.

Take it from someone who felt uncertain (not frightful) about college....it'll be the time of your life! All you have to do is remember not to party more than you study. :D

Another fear of mine would have to be of God.

Solution: become an ateist :D

After I began my get-rid-of stupid phobias programme, I'm not really bothered too much. Of course walking my dog in cemeteries and reading books on the roof has not done wonders for my popularity :D

huh... interesting. one of my friends has a fear of cars. he won't drive one of get in one. i don't know why but it's kinda funny. :lol:

my other friend has absolutely no fear of spiders... one time his let a bunch of daddy-long-legs spiders climb on his arm and he didn't even flinch.

I forgot to mention dead things... when I was little, me and my mom were walking down the sidewalk and about to cross the street. I stepped on a dead squirrel and it squeaked. I swear I jumped atleast 3 feet in the air and into my moms arms. I didnt stop crying for atleast 10 minutes.

Ever since Ive gotten weirded out if I come across something dead in a field or on the side of the road. Sometimes, if I know its there, it wont bother me though.

i don't have a lot of fears, but one of them is extreme heights. still, its not enough of a fear for me to call it a phobia. heck, for me, my fear of heights is just an excuse for me to get a cheap thrill sometimes. :D

otherwise, i can't really think of any phobias that i have. well, then again, i do have this strange fear of smoking or other types of illegal substances. believe me, if you've ever seen my Dad in a rage, you'd understand. ;)

i don't have a lot of fears, but one of them is extreme heights. still, its not enough of a fear for me to call it a phobia. heck, for me, my fear of heights is just an excuse for me to get a cheap thrill sometimes. :D

Wow... Im not the only one... lol I do it sometimes on stairwells. But only if they arent very high, and only if the space between isnt that wide. hehe Ive tried to do it on roof tops but I dont last long. Skywalks I close my eyes and get across as soon as possible... the passing cars underneath make me dizzy.

I do not Fear Death in the slightest, it just means I wont have to go to work, which is a good thing.

I'm not scared of the sea, but I dont like turning my back on it to go back to the beach, in case a giant wave or Killer whale takes me out.

Snakes. It does not matter the type of snake I fear them all. It is a fear that comes from growing up next to rice fields. My stepbrothers and I had a Boa Constrictor as teenagers and I use to put 3 large books on top of the tank to make sure it did not get out while I slept.

Wide stairs. I have a fear of walking up or down really wide crowded stairs, like the ones found in state capitols. I got over this somewhat in college because I had no choice but to take the stairs. Now I seldom take the elevator and usually take the stairs although I am still a little apprehensive about it.

I guess I don't fear death because I have been around it enough with my grandfather and auntie dying. Funny thing is I do not like looking at people who have been embalmed. I'd rather look at a DB the way it died cause autopsies don't bother me especially if the vic is a homicide vic or something like that. Mortician's paint and stuff...bleech. But I am not afraid of it.

I think what I am afraid of...I really have no clue. There is nothing so far that has scared me enough to make me not want to do it again. Well I take that back. I do occasionally get mild claustrophobia when someone blindfolds me. Maybe it's a fear of not knowing my surroundings I don't know but when someone physically puts something over my eyes, I tend to get slightly nausous. It lasts for a little bit but thr initial part is like torture in my mind.

Archived