Home

Favorite Media/News Show?

I don't trust CNN. I know it's better these days, but in the past it's been... well, let's just say less than unbiased, and leave it at that.

Though CTV Newsnet here in Canada is little better - all the "public interest" stories they do at the top of the hour instead of actual news make me sick. They simply won't drop the Brenda Martin story either, no matter how little information there is to give us. Not to mention all their anchors are irritating as all hell - with the exception of Lloyd Robertson.

If you want decent international news, you can't get any better than BBC World News. The anchors can at least feign intelligence and interest in the news they're reporting, and they tend to be less politically biased than most other sources. Not to mention the fact that I can't get enough of those accents... :xp:

Radio 4's Today Programme. One of my friends thinks I'm loopy for listening to Radio 4 but he can't really talk... what with listening to Radio 3 -- the most pretentious station under the sun. BBC 2's flagship news programme Newsnight, too. Even if you're entirely uninterested in current affairs, it's worth watching it to see Paxman

I'm also rather partial to the Guardian (Grauniad) newspaper. Read by people "Who think they ought to run the country", apparently (the Times is read by those that actually do). I used to read the Indie but rapidly realised its current editor is determined to make it the left wing equivalent of the Daily Mail.

"Would you be saying this if we'd sided with you over Iraq, Mr. Blair?!" Yes... perfectly unbiased news coverage.

I will suffer no changes to my news sources. I had a fit when the BBC news website changed its design. Took me weeks to recover >_>

I check news in various sources and that includes French and English Canadian media, US, France and UK news as well as a few Latin American papers and sometimes other sources too. I like to get different views on an issue. I also regularly read the Courrier International which makes a weekly selection of news taken from more than 900 papers around the world and translates them into French.

Does SportsCenter count?
of course it counts. The only news that does not make you want slash your own wrist. Well unless you are a Patriot fan. Longhorn Sports Center with Mack Brown is a better source for sports news. At least all the sports news that matters. :D

Well if by favorite you mean the “so called” News show I most frequently watch. Then it would be Hannity and Colmes, Bill O'Reilly and Real Time with Bill Maher. I consider all three entertainment shows and not “real news” programs. If a subject they discuss interest me, then look at other sources for the real story.

If you are talking about the show I most enjoy watching then it would be “Meet The Press” or any other program that Tim Russert is on. I respect how he handled himself during the Valerie Plame investigation.

I usually also watch NBC Nightly News two or three times a week, but only because I go over to my parents’ house for dinner. Watch the local news if there isn’t anything better to do.

of course it counts. The only news that does not make you want slash your own wrist. Well unless you are a Patriot fan. Longhorn Sports Center with Mack Brown is a better source for sports news. At least all the sports news that matters. :D

I thought David Thomas did a good job hosting Longhorn Sports Center while he was at school. Aaron Ross and Rod Wright were entertaining as well.

Well, I like to watch my morning news on Fox or CNN.

Then, throughout the day I'll make use of Google News.

And if I end up having time, Hannity & Colmes and The O'Reilly Factor at night.

Before anyone has a seizure, I like to watch those shows because I usually disagree with the commentary. I'm thoroughly liberal, and both Sean Hannity and Bill are right-wingers. But it's no fun to sit there and watch democratic propaganda. Gotta get a nice little debate going in your mind or there's no point.

_EW_

I listen to the radio more than anything else--I pick up WGN mainly but also WBBM (which has more business news), WISN (for the right wing side of things) and WMBI, which covers topics that the liberal news outlets wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole. I've found most local news shows have gotten too fluffy with human interest stories and so have very little substance. If I want to learn how to make Fifi a happier poodle through dog psychology and nutrition, I'll watch the Dog Channel....

For TV I watch a mix of Fox and CNN to get the right/left take on stories, respectively. It's fun to watch Hannity and Colmes spar on issues.

Of course, there's no take on the news quite like Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update.... :D

Archived