Home

Videos/Songs that make you cry

Aash Li

I'll admit that there are quite a few songs that have made me cry, or at least want to cry. There are only a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Lighting Crashes - Live - Really good song, cried when I heard it on the radio.

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley - GAhhh, that one really gets me every time.

Aerith's Theme - Nobuo Uematsu FF7 - That one got me as a kid, though a lot of people who know waht that song means cry when they hear it :(. HAH! I'm NOT ashamed to say I cried at that video game scene :D.

Right Where It Belongs - Nine Inch Nails - I can't remember if this one ever really made me cry, but it sure made me feel, something that only a song can make you feel. It's strange too, because I don't really like Nine Inch Nails. at all, but that song kicked my butt, in a good way :).

John Wayne Gacy, Jr. - Sufjan Stevens - He is likely one of the most beautiful song writers ever to have existed.

-Doc

Who Wants To Live Forever by Queen makes me kinda sad sometimes...
This one will get me the closest to making me cry. Freddie Mercury’s death may have a little to do with my sadness over the song, but it being the love theme to the original Highlander movie is the main reason.

A bunch of other country songs make me cry too...

I can think of two that really do make me tear up and both are county and by the same artist.

Reba McEntire – “She Thinks His Name Was John” A song about a woman dieing of HIV from a one-night stand.

Reba McEntire – “The Greatest Man I Never Knew” I heard this song on the radio as I drove back to Texas from Mississippi after watching my father die. Now I cannot listen to it without breaking down.

If you want to make me ball like a baby play anything by Hilary Duff, Britney Spears or Hannah Montana. :D

lolz...I dont cry for songs, but when I was a kid, I was a bit sad to see/hear the original "Yub Nub" aka "Ewok Celebration" song at the end of ROTJ... because as far as I knew, it was the end of SW forever :p Seeing Luke look at the force apparitons of Anakin, Ben and Yoda was a cool moment....

as an addendum, these made me cry too, sorta... but tears of coolness.... predator rap and tears of laughter batman on drugs :p

mtfbwya

lolz...I dont cry for songs, but when I was a kid, I was a bit sad to see/hear the original "Yub Nub" aka "Ewok Celebration" song at the end of ROTJ... because as far as I knew, it was the end of SW forever :p Seeing Luke look at the force apparitons of Anakin, Ben and Yoda was a cool moment....

Indeed, in a sense it is the end of SW forever if you regard the PT as a failure. :xp:

I actually enjoyed the alternate Special Edition ending of Return of the Jedi instead of the original. *hides*

The first time I saw the Composer made me cry at the beginning, but it gets better by the end. Any of the Blockhead movies makes me cry out of the pure hilarity of it.

No doubt crying from the sheer pain of being forced to hear their "warbling"? :D

Quoted for complete, utter, undeniable truth.

Indeed, in a sense it is the end of SW forever if you regard the PT as a failure. :xp:

I actually enjoyed the alternate Special Edition ending of Return of the Jedi instead of the original. *hides*

I didnt mind it either..you definitely got a sense of how the whole galaxy had been affected...and the soundbyte of someone yelling "son of the suns" in the background was a thrill to diligent fanboys ;) I also didnt mind the anakin force apparition in the DVDs...it's how we would have liked to be remembered, like George said ;)

astro

I'm not emotional enough to have a song make me cry. Don't have a song in my library that will bring me close to tears. Needs video with it, and an emotional video I can relate to as well. Meaning youtube simply does not deliver.

Endings to a movie/anime/series I love, or someone I actually care about in an anime/movie/series dying will make me cry. But, its a private thing with me so I'll only cry when I'm alone and really into it.

I really, really have to be deep and involved in something in order for it to get me that emotional. I think the last thing I really cried hard at was the last 2 episodes of Gundam 00. So many damn main characters died in those 2 episodes.

Guess I'm not as emotional as the rest of my gender.

Archived