Home

What are your favorite TV shows?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you watched any Star Trek: Deep Space Nine? That was my favorite, and I'm a trekkie. My best friend was hesitant about it at first, because of the idea of a space station instead of a starship, but once I loaned him the DVDs of all 7 seasons, he said he liked it better than TNG and Voyager.

I have watched DS9, and in my opinion it's just not Trek. It's a decent show in and of itself, but it's just not Star Trek in my eyes.

I enjoy "House" very much, but, like with the rest of television, many of the topics/episodes have exhibited an increasing degradation in quality.

I enjoy all of the variants of "Law and Order," but I think that if Criminal Intent's characters were the main characters in the regular Law and Order, the series would be even more amazing.

Am I the only one who watches the Original Star Trek for its kitsch factor?

Considering its far-reaching affect on society and science, I'd hardly call it "kitsch."

House is my number one followed by all 3 CSI's. I also like Man vs. Wild and Mythbusters.

Maybe you should request the Mythbusters to do an episode on how plausible homicides in Miami are solved between one sun-up and sun-down. :xp:

I have watched DS9, and in my opinion it's just not Trek. It's a decent show in and of itself, but it's just not Star Trek in my eyes.

This is exactly how I feel about Enterprise (Captain Archer's), it's an OK sci-fi, but it shouldn't even be considered Star Trek and trust me, at some point I've watched at least a few episodes of every Star Trek series to know what I'm talking about. Voyager and DS9, I've watched every episode (and that dreaded Enterprise). DS9 was good, entertaining, but what was boring to me was that it was mostly about Bajorans, Cardassians and later the Dominion. Not much diversity when it comes to races.

The Next Generation is currently airing here, so I watch it occasionally. It's good because it's Picard, but it does have it's boring episodes.

DS9 was good, entertaining, but what was boring to me was that it was mostly about Bajorans, Cardassians and later the Dominion. Not much diversity when it comes to races.

The Dominion was introduced in Season 2 and started getting fleshed out in Season 3. Hardly what I'd refer to as "later" in the series. And there was a lot of diversity of races on that show. Just off the top of my head there are...

Klingons (the most airtime they've received in a Trek franchise)

Bajorans

Cardassians

Trill

Ferengi

Jem'Hadar

Changlings

Voorta

According to StarTrek.com, these are how many alien species are on each series in order from most to least....

132 - DS9

131 - Next Generation

39 - Enterprise

34 - Voyager

34 - Original Series

30 - Animated Adventures

Maybe you should rent or borrow the series from a trekkie and watch them again. ;)

DS9 was way more political than any of the other Treks, which is where my own dislike of it stems from. I wasn't particularly interested in which alien diplomat's butt Sisko would have to kiss from week to week, so I just didn't bother.

On-topic:

Law & Order

Law & Order: SVU

Grey's Anatomy (occasionally)

ER (occasionally)

Various poker shows

None of the aboves are 'must-see' for me with the exception of the L&Os, especially vanilla since I really like the new legal team they have on the show.

I don't watch very much TV. :/

I'm a little surprised so many people like House. I'll admit I've only seen it maybe 3 or 4 times, but each of the episodes I've seen have been nearly identical shows to each other. They were entertaining but I'd imagine it gets tiring after a while, since I was a little tired of it after 3.

In truth I'm not really criticizing the show; I'm highly critical of TV shows since most of them aren't that amusing to me - I'm MUCH more of a movie fan than TV. I'm just a little surprised it's as popular as it is, since so many people have included it in their list here.

The Dominion was introduced in Season 2 and started getting fleshed out in Season 3. Hardly what I'd refer to as "later" in the series.

OK, but what I'm talking about is plot from episode to episode. It was mostly about Bajorans and Cardassians, Bajoran religion and later the Dominion and Dominion-Federation war. Other major recurring plots, as I remember were involving Quark, his mother and the Ferengi Grand Nagus Zek. Klingons got a lot of screen time after Worf was introduced and again during the Dominion-Federation war.

Still, I do think DS9 is a good Star Trek show and the fact that it's a space station and not a starship makes it a bit more interesting, but too much episodes have focused on the above mentioned plots, IMO, and too little on other, unrelated plots.

Voyager still remains my favorite, with DS9 on second place.

However, trying to get back on topic, there is a show that I forgot to mention previously, but others have, so they reminded me - Smallville. I still watch it, but the show has somehow gone too much into the Superman comics after season 5, IMO. It's still entertaining and has some interesting plots, but I just don't think it's as good as it was in its earlier seasons. Regardless, it is one of my current favorites.

Battlestar Galactica: the current version

Family Guy

Law and Order (any of them really)

CSI Miami

Mind of Mencia

Robot Chicken

NYPD Blue when it was still on

Late Night w/Conan O Brien (I can't believe they're giving this show to Jimmy Fallon)

I normally watch "educational" stuff on the History or Discovery (Military, Science...ect...), the National Geographic Channel, and the news. However, I do like a few shows,

1. The Office

2. Law & Order

3. Spongebob Squarepants

4. Fresh Prince

5. MLB Baseball

...as well as a few others that I just can't remeber.

House. House. And House.

But seriously, besides that sexy man Hugh Laurie, I enjoy:

Cold Case

NCIS

Monk

Psych

Law & Order: Regular + SVU

Hell's Kitchen

The Daily Show with John Stewart

The Colbert Report

And for news:

The O Factor

Hannity & Colmes

Fox & Friends

And my girlfriend's a big Grey's Anatomy fan, but it's a bit too soap opera-y for me. Sometimes I watch it just because she is.

_EW_

Archived