Home

'Star Wars’ Live-Action TV Series Casting Underway

Prime

Assume you mean in the deleted scene? That was his father, Greedo the Elder

Those sneaks! They retconned that when I wasnt looking :D Most of my EU reading time has been spent in KOTOR/Legacy comics and the LOTF novels. This must be something inbetwixt that.

The line to greedo was a perfect foreshadowing to ANH (and what GL intended - he even mentioned it in an interview many years ago)

I wonder who it was that thought it was an innappropriate amount of time for the lifespan of a Rodian :D

Do you know the source of the retconn EW?

mtfbwya

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jedi are overrated, need more Solo's, Jones' and Deckard's...
Definetly.

If the show can transmit the dark opression of a galaxy under a new iron fist without showing any Jedi and focusing on those fringe types, I'm sold.

And here's hoping this will be more adult (notice; no sex scenes involved, just some maturity to the cast) than the new Clone Wars.

I dont think there was ever any doubt that CW show was pitched at younger fans.

Yeah well, it should be more mature than the rest of the Prequel Trilogy. If not, then you get things like Jar-Jar Binks and midichlorians.

Qui-Gon: He has a high midichlorian count, Master.

Yoda: Mmm, investigate this, I must.

Yoda: The count, OVER 9000 IT IS!!!!!

Yeah well, it should be more mature than... midichlorians.

hmmm.....yeah miscroscopic organisms are all the ever taught us about at elementary school :p

I guess you think Louis Pasteur, Howard Florey, Alexander Fleming and their counterparts through history to this day should be been doing something more adult ?? Drawing EU comix, writing fanfix? :D

As far as rationally trying to explain how we all individually generate 'an energy field that surrounds and binds us' that type of explanation was not an utterly irrational one from a physiological perspective (theres a cool article at TFN here) It has parallels with natural EM radiation which we all emit due to the molecular processes in our body.(Which is where GL said the midichlorian idea had its origins) It couldnt have been made a genetic trait it wouldnt affect all people and intereferes with the jedi outlook (at that stage) on reproduction.

The only bit that seemd 'too mysterious' was how the mc's could have caused Anakin to be concieved(as per Qui Gons speculation) This however was not stated as fact, but as a 'possibility'. Other EU sources even hint that other individuals powerful in the force(sith lords such as Plagueis and Palpatine) could have had this ability. <<I think that explanation is far more exciting from a story persepctive than the 'immaculate conception' story anakins mother spouted...ugh. :p

Leaving things mystical and vague in the eyes of science are best kept for the study of religion ;)

mtfbwya

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/03/09/exclusive-star-wars-live-action-tv-series-casting-underway/

"According to Lucas, the show will focus on minor characters from the saga and be set in the time period between “Revenge of the Sith” (Episode III) and the original “Star Wars” (Episode IV). The action will follow the Rebel Alliance as it slowly gains strength against the Empire. There will be Stormtroopers, but no Jedi or Darth Vader will appear on screen."

****ing awesome.

In some ways I am Jedi'd out. This could be getting back to the glorious smugglers and bounty hunters that were SW to me in my youth.

I witnessed a few articles on this, looks interesting, hope its not another battle star galactic fail.

i heard somewhere that this is to be for the audience group of the likes of battlestar galactica. (personally never seen it)

does battlestar have stuff like that in it?

YES.

Number_Six_Tricia_Helfer.jpg

Seducing android hottie. Suppose it answers your question.

But anyway, I support a more mature and 'gritty' series. it doesn't have to be the new Sin City, but please, at least some of the more darker Episode 3 scenes feel!

Agreed, this upcoming series cannot all be happy with Jedi prancing in the fields...well, they can have the Jedi prancing in the fields, but there need to be clones shooting them in the back, then I'm happy:D The grittyness of the SW galaxy must be shown.....:D

So long as they can get Ian McDiarmid to do a guest appearance, I'd like to see Palpatine appear too, maybe once or twice.

If they can't get him to do it, I (and I'm sure everyone else) would prefer that Palpatine didn't appear. Same goes for Vader - it would have to be James Earl Jones at least doing the voice.

At this point, proper stormtroopers makes me happy enough. :)

proper as in non CGI? I doubt that, unless its a heads off shot. Pretty much all of the 'helmets on' clonetroopers in AOTC/ROTS were CGI

If you want to get all EU about it, *any* clonetrooper that still existed after Declaration of the New Imperial Order (part of which is seen in ROTS) is a 'proper stormtrooper'

So you've pretty much already seen 'proper stormies' in the last 1/3 of ROTS ;)

The clone troopers, now proudly wearing the name of Imperial stormtroopers, have tackled the dangerous work of fighting our enemies on the front lines. Many have died in their devotion to the Empire. Imperial citizens would do well to remember their example.

mtfbwya

Archived