Home

'Star Wars’ Live-Action TV Series Casting Underway

Prime

proper as in non CGI? I doubt that, unless its a heads off shot. Pretty much all of the 'helmets on' clonetroopers in AOTC/ROTS were CGI
Well, seeing as their budget will be immensely lower than that of the movies, I hope they'll use 'real' Stormtroopers to squeeze the budget.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, seeing as their budget will be immensely lower than that of the movies, I hope they'll use 'real' Stormtroopers to squeeze the budget.

Depicting a decent sized battle scene is infinitely cheaper in CGI than location, extras, costume, catering, stunts, pyro, insurance, film, props, lighting, transport, etc etc...especially so seeing it is a lucasfilm project and ILM gives them a staff discount :p

The Battle of Hoth from ESB could be done entirely indoors now(like most of the LOTR battles), you wouldnt need to send actors to trounce around out in the snow :D

mtfbwya

proper as in non CGI? I doubt that, unless its a heads off shot. Pretty much all of the 'helmets on' clonetroopers in AOTC/ROTS were CGI

If you want to get all EU about it, *any* clonetrooper that still existed after Declaration of the New Imperial Order (part of which is seen in ROTS) is a 'proper stormtrooper'

So you've pretty much already seen 'proper stormies' in the last 1/3 of ROTS ;)

I just mean this...

stormtrooper-death-star-star-wars-a-new-hope.jpg

rather than this...

CloneTrooper-212thorange-CmdrCody.jpg

A subtle difference, but I'd love to see the old iconic stormies of the OT. But in any event, it will be nice to be able to avoid the retarded slap stick battle droids. OMG they're awful.

I wouldn't mind all of the greenscreen madness as long as they can shoot straight and aren't easily routed by spear-chucking teddy bears. :p
Stormies shooting straight? Yes, and Greedo shooting first as well. XD

A subtle difference, but I'd love to see the old iconic stormies of the OT.

Absolutely. Clone Troopers were cool (call them stormies all you want, but good old all-white armor is what makes one for me) but Stormtroopersare worth two of them.

any event, it will be nice to be able to avoid the retarded slap stick battle droids. OMG they're awful.
Indeed. Whether we get Stormtroopers or Clonetroopers, I'll be glad those battle droids are gone. I imagine for a darker setting, the slapstick humor should be left out. You can count me out if they keep coming up with that garbage.

I think it will be interesting to see not only will they use proper Stormies, but also if they will start off with the Imperial-style Venator cruisers and V-wings, as at the end of Ep. III and gradually move on to the ISDs and TIEs, or just go straight for the ISD. No more blasted droids is also a plus. :D

Well, as long as everybody doesn't have a glowing stick of doom and no slapstick droid 'comedy', it is going to be a watch. If it has a solid storyline, I'll keep watching it. If not, it'll be one of those "I'll watch it because nothing else I like is on." shows.

I pray Lucas doesn't screw this one up.

You sure you aren't asking too much of him?

Archived