Home

'Star Wars’ Live-Action TV Series Casting Underway

Prime

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/03/09/exclusive-star-wars-live-action-tv-series-casting-underway/

"According to Lucas, the show will focus on minor characters from the saga and be set in the time period between “Revenge of the Sith” (Episode III) and the original “Star Wars” (Episode IV). The action will follow the Rebel Alliance as it slowly gains strength against the Empire. There will be Stormtroopers, but no Jedi or Darth Vader will appear on screen."

****ing awesome.

In some ways I am Jedi'd out. This could be getting back to the glorious smugglers and bounty hunters that were SW to me in my youth.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"According to Lucas, the show will focus on minor characters from the saga and be set in the time period between “Revenge of the Sith” (Episode III) and the original “Star Wars” (Episode IV). The action will follow the Rebel Alliance as it slowly gains strength against the Empire. There will be Stormtroopers, but no Jedi or Darth Vader will appear on screen."

Sounds good - even better that they will be avoiding trying to replicate Vader without David Prowse or James Earl Jones (in all likelihood). It's good that there will not be any Jedi - like you say, we're 'Jedi'd out', but I also felt that the constant appearance of Jedi that escaped Order 66 sort of lessened the significance of Kenobi in IV.

****ing awesome.

QFT :D

In some ways I am Jedi'd out. This could be getting back to the glorious smugglers and bounty hunters that were SW to me in my youth.

It will be a nice change, certainly!

scuttlebutt is that fett will be in it though I'm not sure If Daniel Logan will be cast. In hoping to see Corellia, Mon Cal and Bothawui, not to mention Mon Mothma and Garm Iblis. Who knows, we might even get a cameo from Ackbar... IT'S A TRAP! :D

mtfbwya

Yay, news on the Live Action series. Still something I'm looking forward too, even though my Star Wars fever has diminished a bit. Rebels, Stormtroopers, bounty hunters and aliens. Ah, who needs Jedi? :)

It lends itself well for original stories, with its unique setting and time period, without the "grand characters" of the Era to remind us the universe is created around them.

Heh, this is AWESOME!! Though, like many, my SW uberness has slightly...lessened:D

This does indeed offer a chance of 'redemption' so to speak, so I think alot of us may have high expectations:D But still, I'm lookin' forward to some awesome BOUNTY HUNTERS!!!:D

Jedi are overrated, need more Solo's, Jones' and Deckard's...

Truth.

Imo, the Prequel trilogy lacked the 'swashbuckling' of the old trilogy...I'd love to see a story about a smuggler or rebel during this time. I would like some Jedi/Sith cameo's though, just for the feel of suspense. If your main character is a smuggler and (for example) Sam Witwer as the Secret Apprentice appears, you're in for a rough time!

wow, I can't believe there hasnt been a single soul that has concluded that the new TV series will rape their childhood, like everything else GL has done since 1984 :D

*imagines an arc where the prototype for the X-Wing is created*

I think we will see them on screen as they are essentially the symbol of the Rebellion :)

EU Fun Fact #34: /class C level canon

Incom/Subpro essentially intermarried the ARC-170 and the Z-95 to produce the T-65 X-Wing shortly before the outbreak of the Civil war. -

star-wars-arc-170-fighter.jpg

mtfbwya

wow, I can't believe there hasnt been a single soul that has concluded that the new TV series will rape their childhood, like everything else GL has done since 1984 :D

mtfbwya

Meh...but it's still Star Wars.

And it all started with the Holiday Special... :xp:

GO ON THE RODIANS!

Finally, a possibility of Rodian screen time involving neither prostitution or lame bounty hunting.

Theres a high chance greedo will be in there, since we saw him as a a kid in TPM. There was one more dignified Rodian in ROTS of course ;) He even had a line :D Greeata also was never involved in such nefarious activities, we are told....

mtfbwya

I think we will see them on screen as they are essentially the symbol of the Rebellion :)

We definately will, but I'm sure it'll take awhile before the Alliance actually uses them, and before they do there'll definately be an episode or a series of episodes where we'll see the Alliance acquiring the design and mass producing them.

EU Fun Fact #34: /class C level canon

Incom/Subpro essentially intermarried the ARC-170 and the Z-95 to produce the T-65 X-Wing shortly before the outbreak of the Civil war. -

At least that's the explanation right now... we'll have to wait and see what the TV series does with it though...

I'll wait and see before I gripe.

My expectations are still realistic and based on experience gained over the past 10 years, however.

Theres a high chance greedo will be in there, since we saw him as a a kid in TPM.

Assume you mean in the deleted scene? That was his father, Greedo the Elder:

In a deleted scene from the The Phantom Menace DVD release, a character named Greedo is seen fighting in the street with a young Anakin Skywalker. After the fight is broken up by Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, Greedo is warned by a fellow Rodian that some day his actions will get him shot. The Expanded Universe has clarified after a retcon that this Rodian is in fact Greedo the Elder—the father of the Rodian seen in Chalmun's Cantina.

_EW_

Archived