Home

Rhett got a woman!

EnderWiggin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I can hardly believe it myself but I found the fairer half of my matching set - A fiery little redhead whose just as geeky as I am. (I tell her she's moreso though :D) The details of our meeting, courting, and engagering are quite amazing and whirl-windish. When I get the chance later today I'll try and tell you guys about it in here.

Get her to register, like Kain got his woman to register. Speaking of which, what happened to SeleneRayne? >_>

That's right, Roxstar! We need a signature badge for LucasCast or something. More of you should be listening to it! :xp:

Anyways. I told you all I would type up my epic tale of wooification. This will be a somewhat abridged version - only hitting the main storyline. ;)

Last summer my brother, his wife, and myself were invited over for a post Sunday Service dinner by a man we had both known for several years from church. After said dinner while we were still all at the table he got to talking to me about his youngest daughter. (I found out later that he had been talking me up to her for the last few months) After a few minutes of telling me about her he walks in the other room and brings out a picture of himself and his daughter he had printed off from the computer and written her email on. I thought this setup was rather odd, especially considering that her father was the mastermind, I lived in Missouri an she lived in Michigan, and that, like in times of old, her father was putting her on the meat market. (We tease now that I bought her from him for two strong horses and a mule :D) Did I already mention that she lived 730 miles from me?

I held on to the picture for several weeks without contacting her. She had no idea who I was, I had no idea who she was, and frankly, the whole situation made me nervous. Still, I couldn't shake the feeling that I needed to contact her. After maybe another week I finally decided, "What's the worst that could happen?" and sent her an email around August 1st. A few days passed and I got an email back from her. She also stated how weird this all was and that she had actually forgot that her dad had asked her if he could give me her email earlier in the summer (We have an hilarious message she left on her father's voice mail basically saying she was going to kill him. :D) but she was open to starting up a conversation at least. Several emailings ensued over the next two weeks until I finally received one with her phone number in it that just said "the ball was in my court". I called her.

After about two months of talking to her on the phone for three hours a night she decided to catch a flight down to see me for a week. I can only liken the ensuing meeting as old friends meeting for the first time. She stayed for a week and then returned home. Our next meeting would be over Thanksgiving were I drove to Michigan to be with her and meet the rest of her family. While there I gave her a necklace with a pendant that was made of a heart shaped meteorite. We also exchanged the big L word for the first time during my time there. We parted from this Thanksgiving rendezvous tearfully.

A month later I returned to Michigan for Christmas. This time bearing a promise ring for her but not just any promise ring, the perfect promise ring. You see, she's just as big of a nerd as I am. That's why I saw it only fit to get her a ring as unique and special as she was. I gave her a 1200+ year old Celtic bronze ring (In a very awesome way which Is a story of it's own). It's at this point that beyond a shadow of a doubt we knew we were meant for each other. She immediately started making arrangements to sell her house, leave the only home she had ever known, and move to Missouri to be with me.

Come mid February we're talking on the phone and missing each other terribly. I get a phone call from her the next morning telling me she's quit her job and needs me up there by the next weekend to help her pack things and move. I do so and we moved her into her Father's basement in Missouri.

Two weeks later (march 9th) her Mother and sister drove down from Michigan so we could all celebrate my fiancee's birthday together. The evening of her birthday we all sat down to watch her open presents. She got down to just my present, opened it, and saw that it was a jewelry cleaner. "Great. Now if I only had something to clean in it..." she said. It was at that point I told her she did, got down on one knee, whipped out her engagement ring, and proposed to her.

Two weeks later (march 9th) her Mother and sister drove down from Michigan so we could all celebrate my fiancee's birthday together. The evening of her birthday we all sat down to watch her open presents. She got down to just my present, opened it, and saw that it was a jewelry cleaner. "Great. Now if I only had something to clean in it..." she said. It was at that point I told her she did, got down on one knee, whipped out her engagement ring, and proposed to her.

Aww, that bought a tear to my eye. So sweet. ^^

That's one hell of a coincidence, Rhett :p

... wait. Oh, now I get it. Real classy.

:D

This time bearing a promise ring for her but not just any promise ring, the perfect promise ring. You see, she's just as big of a nerd as I am. That's why I saw it only fit to get her a ring as unique and special as she was. I gave her a 1200+ year old Celtic bronze ring (In a very awesome way which Is a story of it's own).

Oh yeah, I remember this!

You posted a picture for us in the Very Good Things thread :D

_EW_

I am SOOOOOoo stealing that for the next ex-mrs-cat.

Great story by the way. Full of romance, with enough geekiness not to be over the top.

~snippity snip snip~

They should make a movie that starts out like this, but then get's all bow-chicka-wah-wah if you catch my drift...

Archived