Home

Level you usually achieve

Canderis

What level do you usually achieve?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What level do you usually achieve?

Well, I think if you skip the tomb on korriban (or can't enter due to being too neutral and also never get your prestige for that matter--like I did my first game ever in TSL), you only get something like level 26 or thereabouts.

Otherwise I just go flat out to the full 50. More feats and powers to play with. Except for some odd reason the whole immortality at 0 health in the tomb area with the unlimited exp loop stopped working once I put a simple mod in it. I myself actually think it has something to do with the inconsistencies of operating it with the patch on Vista, relating somewhat to TSL being one buggy mo-fo.

TBH, though, I'm not really sure why they'd make a Lv. 50 when in the game you can barely achieve half of that naturally.

Also, don't get caught without a prestige class, it sucks.

If you do consular or its natural progression and have not solidified your physical combat progression very well, Sion is VERY HARD.

Well, I think if you skip the tomb on korriban (or can't enter due to being too neutral and also never get your prestige for that matter--like I did my first game ever in TSL), you only get something like level 26 or thereabouts.

I didn't even realize that could be pulled off in TSL. How does the game handle the endings, and adding Visas to your party if your level never swings too far from neutral?

As for why the level cap is so high, I always figured it was more arbitrary than anything; it was an easy way of "disposing" of the level cap by just setting it to something nobody could reasonably get to.

I didn't even realize that could be pulled off in TSL. How does the game handle the endings, and adding Visas to your party if your level never swings too far from neutral?

As for why the level cap is so high, I always figured it was more arbitrary than anything; it was an easy way of "disposing" of the level cap by just setting it to something nobody could reasonably get to.

There was also to be an extra planet and a good deal more content, which may have been meant to fill out the extra levels a little; presumably, balancing the game would have come next... :p

^^^TBH I screwed up a few things and did not get through the game as efficiently as I could. I think that is a more realistic number.

That character was a female, so if it's romancing you are talking about with Visas... :giveup:

OTherwise, meh, it's just like if you do get prestige. With me it happened to end up DS so I presume that is her default since I don't remember what (if any) other factors might have been put into play. I think even on the 1-200 scale if you are even 1 point in either direction that decides it... If you are 0 or perfect neutral, I'd assume DS anyway. (Feel free to try it and hack the LS/DS with the cheat console.)

Endings wise, it's no different.

I think the bug was put in the game since it is the only way you can reach LV 50 I have ever found. Kind of fits if you think about it, actually. Some ancient sith magic exercising you and making you stronger.

There was also to be an extra planet and a good deal more content, which may have been meant to fill out the extra levels a little; presumably, balancing the game would have come next... :p

Actually I have always believed this to be the case as well--not that it's too hard to figure out. But it doesn't matter, you sir are a genius anyway for your deductive reasoning. :xp: Don't *anyone* knock his hustle! :devsmoke:

That character was a female, so if it's romancing you are talking about with Visas... :giveup:

Nope I was just referring to how she gets added to the party; I was always under the impression that the cutscene that is triggered before she gets added doesn't get triggered until you are above 75% or below 25% on the alignment scale.

I always get to 50.

Why?

Because I cheat.

And I don't use the Korriban glitch, either. Did that once, took way too long and I was stuck without a prestige class. >_<

Then you didn't do it right. It's always worked for me. Took a hell of a long time, but it worked.

Man, I don't know what's wrong with me, but I can barely ever reach level 30 on a normal playthrough. (This is playing the game through, not using the Hssiss glitch at all, and opening all locked objects at the highest level I can)

And I still end up at < 30.

Then you didn't do it right. It's always worked for me. Took a hell of a long time, but it worked.

Man, I don't know what's wrong with me, but I can barely ever reach level 30 on a normal playthrough. (This is playing the game through, not using the Hssiss glitch at all, and opening all locked objects at the highest level I can)

And I still end up at < 30.

same here! The highest I ever got was 32 but normally I get around 22 - 25. I also never got any other than the handmaiden to be my "padawan"

Nope I was just referring to how she gets added to the party; I was always under the impression that the cutscene that is triggered before she gets added doesn't get triggered until you are above 75% or below 25% on the alignment scale.

Hmm...well I don't think it has to be precisely that number... I'd say by a certain point in the game, at the latest, having encountered one Jedi Master (learned a form) and on the edge of point of no return (mission wise) on all other planets before completing them.

I don't believe I went more than a little light or dark ever in that game and I wound up facing her after completing dantooine first.

Separate game: If your character cannot beat her, make her chase you around the ship, once she has come into the workbench room opposite the side of ship entrance (at least for me) that automatically triggered her defeat cutscene. Not sure if it's consistent, though I'd imagine there is something programmed in case your character CANNOT beat visas when she attacks you. A somewhat unbalanced consular on HARD for example.

I guess my curiosity for glitch finding has grown to an interest in modding, though right now I'm working on a fanfic. But I do have intentions, yes. When I see some of my unshared ideas coming to light by others, I guess my competitive side comes out.

I always get to 50.

Why?

Because I cheat.

And I don't use the Korriban glitch, either. Did that once, took way too long and I was stuck without a prestige class. >_<

All the more reason to hold off on that tomb and claw at kreia for your prestige class first...and if possible avoid leveling up much past lv 15 or 16 until then...easier said than done.

Though for time spent, I can't really say I blame you, much akin to trying to level up max on CV2 for NES:

1) it's *so* late in the game why bother?

2) that game was also rushed out and incomplete (the hints to solve it are so anti intuitive you require a cheat guide to even beat it--hope to rectify in an improvement romhack), so the game is unbalanced as is

3) Takes FOREVER

4) makes for a rather underwhelming last fight

5) If you're smart, you'll end up with a fire whip anyway which is not unlike a whip lightsaber in that game.

If you do consular or its natural progression and have not solidified your physical combat progression very well, Sion is VERY HARD.

Well, I can't agree. When I encountered Sion, my force storm did between 90 and 130 damage, it's easy to kill him that way. (I always play as consular/master) You can kill everything with 1-2 lightnings...

My wisdom was around 40 and charisma around 20... that's deadly if you use it with the force form that does more force damage.

Archived