Home

Dantooine Tension

Fallen Guardian

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess the player was hunting this guy down? Guess I will have to wait until release to find out. Nice video FG.

Once the mod is released you'll know everything. And thanks.

Wow, the video is really cool, I suck on waypoints so its hard for me to make a good scene like that.

Thanks Obi.

(shoe) >>> :mad: (fg)

Now that that's out of the way, that's a seriously awesome scene! Started working on the other stuff ;)

Lol Dak. Thanks for the compliment.

Man, i have no words! I've just started to play Kotor again, and i'm still on Taris.. Well, what i'm trying to say, i guess i should stop playing that, until you release your ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT MOD!!!

Thanks Shaggoth. :)

I've been following this thread for a while now, but I don't think I've posted at all yet. I shall simply say: WOW! :)

Thanks darth-ackbar. Your TC is looking pretty good too, if I do say so myself.

Very nicely done!

Fiddling with cameras isn't the easiest thing in the world, so I take my proverbial hat off to you, sir!

Thanks Marius.

That is AWESOME.

Thanks Z.

I have to agree with all of the others, that is quite the cutscene. Props to you! Keep it up!

Thank SS.

Alright, now I didn't really get a chance to work on anything modding related today, but here's sort of how I plan to work on things in the near future for Dantooine Tension.

1. Finish the lightside ending to the first quest (Just a dialogue scene.)

2. Finish the darkside ending to the first quest (Longer haul here. Have quests to make, dialogue to write, and scripting to do. Although, it shouldn't take too long if I put in a few solid hours.)

3. A few minor adjustments to the first quest

4. Go back and fix some of my problems with the intro

5. And finally pick up where I left off with the second quest back in September. (I've thought up a lot of new ideas on the way things should be done and executed, though thankfully the bulk of the work I did on it will remain intact as it still fits in. It'll just be tweaked a bit.)

Again, thanks all for your comments.

Yo dude, nice job on the updates. I had an idea that you may want to take into consideration. I know it's possible with TSL but I'm not sure about KOTOR. Since you used Manaan as part of Dantooine you may want to try and incorporate the Dantooine surrounding models so that it helps with keeping the same looks. If you need me to further explain on this yell at me here, gmail, or the chatbox.

Yo dude, nice job on the updates. I had an idea that you may want to take into consideration. I know it's possible with TSL but I'm not sure about KOTOR. Since you used Manaan as part of Dantooine you may want to try and incorporate the Dantooine surrounding models so that it helps with keeping the same looks. If you need me to further explain on this yell at me here, gmail, or the chatbox.

Thanks Har. I sent you a PM regarding this.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, almost a month since I last updated? It does not feel like that long.

Okay, basically the lightside ending for the 1st quest is almost done and I should be able to finish the darkside ending (which involves an entirely new module) before the end of April, if I get off my lazy butt.

Meanwhile, here's a new head...

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=9043

(Man, when I upload the picture here it looks so much worse. Anyone know a way to fix this?)

• 2 weeks later...
^It reminds me of Marcus Fenix.

Interesting, I didn't really notice the resemblance myself until you mentioned it.

keep going! :D

Thanks.

He looks like he's going to kick my butt!

Spongebob reference?

Its creepy that he keeps staring at me.......Maybe he wants a staring contest o_O

Maybe he does... o_O

Anyway, here's a small update.

I've gone more in depth with the dialogue for a character that joins your party for a while, and instead of having a couple nodes of dialogue I'm starting to flesh out a decent story.

Also, I've made a new head, modified another, and had a flash of an idea for one of the story arcs.

looks really good

Thanks darth hk.

Another small update everyone, I spent about an hour today making the first five seconds of a cutscene (though I was simultaneously watching Castle, so you know) Also, I started getting an idea on how I want a cutscene to play out as well as writing some of the dialogue for it, and I skinned a new door.

UPDATE

Though not in regards to Dantooine Tension specifically.

Basically, I've gotten a new graphics card (turns out my old one was heating up so bad my computer had to force shut down) Now I can finally, FINALLY, be able to run games like Mass Effect and such. Also, I'm starting to steadily receive VO's from people in regards to the first quest.

nice work it look like it really coming alone

Thanks.

Yeah, good luck with all the driver nonsense that comes with new graphic cards! I'm excited to hear musical queues with the VOs. :D

Thanks Z. Windows 7 actually installed all drivers automatically so I'm good to go on that account.

Small update...

VO's are flooding in, I've gotten around to writing more dialogue, and thanks to one of my voice actors, I've gotten a new idea for the LS ending of the first quest... I think it'll be much better than what I had planned originally.

Also, there is now a total of around 62 voiced lines. Though that's leaving out three characters or so.

Alright, thanks to HassatHunter and JCarter I've gotten a conditional script that'll check what weapon the PC has equipped, so I won't have any glaring inconsistencies when referring to a weapon you carry in dialogue. Unfortunately this also means I need 28 nodes of dialogue for every single weapon type... but hey, it's better than it not working.

Archived