Home

Dantooine Tension

Fallen Guardian

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice use of Manaan. What are you going to use when the player walks outside (and there is usually an ocean)?

Thanks, and Zhaboka's dead on.

I think a nice grand vista onto the plains and rolling hills of Dantooine would do nicely there, none223.

[EDIT: Uhmmm... *COUGH* ...nevermind. Haha.]

Genius screenies! Seems like a very peaceful Dantooine mansion to me.

Thanks Z.

Alright, so that little area you just saw and commented on has started to be populated, cameras placed, and scripts made. Of course, almost everytime you place a camera you have adjust its orientation so it's back to figuring out which angle to put it at so the game shifts it in the right directions, sigh......

Looks great cheify, it's obvious you took to the time to get the additional coordinates for the movement of each NPC. Makes it much better for a cinematic scene such as this.

Heh, thanks. It seems that may also be one of my problems when they leave, but I've yet to look into it in further depth.

There is way more slavery on Dantooine than its peaceful rolling hills would suggest, ain't there? :p Looks awesome, Fallen.

An astute observation, very astute indeed.

Thanks.

Can't wait to click the download button.

And I hope for the day when I can have the download button available.

Thanks Warlord.

Alright, I was going to have an update with this reply but life kind of shoved modding off my work-table and screamed at me, so duty called. I'll try to get back to work maybe a bit tonight and some tomorrow.

Alright, I've gotten to a bit of modding today, populating the module that's been the primary topic as of late. Here's some clips: (Sorry the quality is so bad, I needed to edit these and the whole conversion process, bla bla bla. Also, all errors will be corrected, such as that desk you see facing the wrong way halfway through the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZOtbhspdMQ&feature=youtu.be

What do you guys think?

There is a lot of life there! I like that anyone you click on has something to say, even if it is not a "conversation". It adds to immersion, and is a chance to advance your plot or reinforce the undercurrents.

It was odd seeing a field of green in Dantooine... and all that water. I am guessing that this area is a Moisture Farm facility of some sort?

EDIT: Errr.... Somehow I was transposing Dantooine and Tatooine in my mind. Erp.

Not so unusual then, carry on :carms:

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

I love it, and you didn't over do the alien vo's, I liked the human ones> Damn, stop updating, or youll make me mad I can't play it!!! :):):):):)

Great job Fallen G, and keep up the good work!

Heh heh, thanks DJW.

There is a lot of life there! I like that anyone you click on has something to say, even if it is not a "conversation". It adds to immersion, and is a chance to advance your plot or reinforce the undercurrents.

It was odd seeing a field of green in Dantooine... and all that water. I am guessing that this area is a Moisture Farm facility of some sort?

EDIT: Errr.... Somehow I was transposing Dantooine and Tatooine in my mind. Erp.

Not so unusual then, carry on :carms:

Thanks Qui-Gon.

I really like the video FG. The VO's so far are great.

Thanks Warlord.

Man, you are good at writing pure evil dialogue. Looking fantastic, Fallen! Absolutely enticing.

Wait.....If I'm good at writing pure evil dialogue, I must be pure evil right? o_o

:D Thanks.

Well work has continued to progress on that module and I've placed everyone and everything I can think of placing at the moment, the current total of creatures is 51, and the current total of placeables is 42. Now it's time to get the dialogues for the major cutscenes done, ughh, placeable camera time.

I am loving this! I think the background skybox is a little bit... Empty... I don't know, it's just I see Dantooine with more hilly landscapes. Still, what I saw looked excellent. :) Nice job man!

video looks great FG! Kind of agree with above quote. I know not much you can do with the old water area...did you use Dantooine sky texutres for the skybox? Maybe try Onderon's. It's a little more mountainous but has the nice blue sky...just a thought.

Since it's Dantooine, maybe you could include those big flying creatures that fly overhead...forget the name of them. Wait, are they in K1? Been awhile since I played it.

I am loving this! I think the background skybox is a little bit... Empty... I don't know, it's just I see Dantooine with more hilly landscapes. Still, what I saw looked excellent. :) Nice job man!

video looks great FG! Kind of agree with above quote. I know not much you can do with the old water area...did you use Dantooine sky texutres for the skybox? Maybe try Onderon's. It's a little more mountainous but has the nice blue sky...just a thought.

Since it's Dantooine, maybe you could include those big flying creatures that fly overhead...forget the name of them. Wait, are they in K1? Been awhile since I played it.

First off, thanks both of you.

Second, you're right about the water, not much I can do and Onderon's skybox is a Kotor 2 resource so porting to KotOR 1 would be illegal, no chance there. As for those flying monster things I have no idea how to place them there. I'll look into it.

They are in K1, they're called Brith, and apparently they are named such in the game files. Hope that aids you in your search, Fallen.

I've seen that video a few days ago....forgot to reply. Im really impressed with this mod, your work is amazing, I love those droid VO's, I just can't wait for this mod.

Thanks.

They are in K1, they're called Brith, and apparently they are named such in the game files. Hope that aids you in your search, Fallen.

There is an appearance for them. You could put a walkmesh up in the sky and have them walk waypoints. That's probably how it's done in the game... either that or a room animation.

It does aid in my search Z, although I think adding a walkmesh to the sky or room animations are a little out of my league. I'll see more how the Brith operate though.

Anyway, here's a new head that'll be on top of the shoulders of a woman who will have a sidequest for you somewhere in the mod.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8845

What do you guys think?

Archived