• Terminator
    • Star Trek
    • Lord of the Rings
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • Babylon 5
    • Battlestar Galactica
    • Barbarella
    • Flash Gordon
    • Buck Rogers (more to the point Erin Gray)
    • Predator
    • Dr. Who
    • Mad Max
    • Torchwood
    • The Matrix
    • FlashForward
    • Stargate
    • Jurassic Park

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doctor Who, Torchwood, and FlashForward. None of which are on the poll. v_v

Well never watched FlashForward. I’ll point blame at Astor for Dr. Who oversight. A Englishman that does not point out that I’m was missing Dr. Who is a travesty.

I like a bunch of those franchises, though which I think is the best depends on what mood I'm in at the time (for example, if I get an urge to watch Dr. Who, it's unlikely I'm also in the mood for Mad Max, although on another day, my preferences may be different), and whether I can selectively ignore certain films/episodes in them.

In other words, I'm indecisive, and people like ruining my favorite franchises.

Well never watched FlashForward. I’ll point blame at Astor for Dr. Who oversight. A Englishman that does not point out that I’m was missing Dr. Who is a travesty.

I'm sorry, I was too busy drinking tea. :p

Too much to choose from, and I can't choose between Babylon 5, Doctor Who, Star Trek or Battlestar Galactica, so I'll go with my little green friend this time.

Well I voted for all the original 9 added to the poll. I just hate seeing something get no votes.

As to my real favorites, I’d go:

1. Erin Grey Star Wars

2. Mad Max

3. Stargate – The movie and the first few seasons before cast changes and the move from Showtime.

4. Alien (like ChAiNz.2da only the first two count)

5. Pretty hard to decide between Battlestar, Harry Potter and Pirates. Most likely in that order.

Not listed but there were movies and TV series to both, Planet of the Apes and Logan's Run were two of my favorites as a kid. Also loved the Godzilla and King Kong movies as a kid, especially King Kong vs Godzilla.

Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Babylon 5, Dr. Who, and Stargate - From the list.

Where's mah Firefly?

Doh! How did you forget Firefly on the list!? Come to think of it, outside the list I'd have to also say Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.

Oh and Top Gear! Jeremy Clarkson is freaking awesome. This poll is fail without His Stigness! :p (I love me some BBC America in general, though.)

Hmmm... They need to redo Firefly with the Top Gear Guys. Now THAT would be epic. James May as the pilot, Jeremy Clarkson as the mechanic and Richard Hammond as the companion... With Stig as the Shepard.

I kind of wish I didn't vote for Star Wars just because it would have been funny to see it with less than 100%. :p

Sooooo many choices. Like the first Predator and the final scene of P2, but haven't really watched any of the PvA spinoffs. Many of the others had some decent content, but not enough to want to watch the whole series (Dr Who, newer BG, ST spinoffs, etc...)

@ChAiNz--I agree. After the second one, they got lame. Terminator suffered similiarly in my book.

@mim--yeah, Erin was pretty hot.....right twiki? bidi bidi bidi bidi bidi..hold the phone*. Also, PotA was pretty decent, but even it got a little silly after a few.

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yptoaCKZ0Tw

@Prime--as for animation....Macross a definite.

Where's mah Firefly?

In your own poll? :D

After looking at all those choices the only 3 out of those that I really liked were Star Wars (who'd have predicted that?!), StarGate and BSG.

Both SG: Universe and Caprica got cancelled recently as well funnily enough. I'm sad to see SGU go but tbh Caprica never gripped me like BSG did so i'm not too cut up to see that one go.

Isn't Torchwood that really dodgy BBC sci-fi set in Wales? :raise:

Archived