Home

Getting to know each other

Com Raven

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to LucasForums, LittleRamona! :wavey:

I love my tattoo's and my fiance(A.K.A negative_sun) who can be a bit of a Poobum sometimes.
Just looking for a little clarification on the meaning of the Scottish idiom "poobum." Is that the equivalent of the American idiom, "butthead?" :D

Nice job on getting your first referral, Negative_Sun. I practically forced my bro to sign up on LF. ;)

I think they were internet dating or something.
You know, I never did get that whole "internet dating" thing. If it's highly inconvenient or impossible to see the woman IRL on a regular basis then I just don't see the point. :giveup:

Well me and LittleRamona met on the internet, and we've been together for more than two years now! :)

She was in a band and I started talking to the guitarist of that band on an online forum, the guitarist introduced us and we hit it off from there...

I used to live in Belgium, but I've moved to Scotland to be with my poobum hehehe

Yes I know it's utter Holloywood cheese, but I just said this to show that it does happen, and it's made me happier than I've ever been, so you'll never hear a bad word of the internet fom me...(apart from when it's being a royal pain in the a$$ of course!)

I used to live in Belgium, but I've moved to Scotland to be with my poobum hehehe
So the Internet dating worked for you up to a point but apparently wasn't a means to an end of itself, otherwise you wouldn't have moved to Scotland to be with your "poobum" right? :)

I just can't picture myself communicating with someone in a place like England, Australia, Japan or New Zealand strictly via the Internet and then deciding to move to that country to be closer to her on that basis alone. I would have to see what she was like, how she carried herself, interacted with myself and other people IRL, before I made a momentous decision like that. And of course that would be difficult to do unless it's no big deal for she or I to fly across the ocean to visit the other.

But I'm glad Internet love worked for you and LittleRamona. Cheers to a wonderful life together. :cheers:

I think they were internet dating or something.

Oh dear...

Actually i think it's lovely you left your country for love. If i ever found someone in America id be off like a bullet.

Only to be hit by one when you get there... :xp:

Huh... Well, I'm 17 and I live in Louisville, Kentucky. My hobbies include 3d modelling, guitar, and reading. My favorite bands are Randy Rhoads-era Ozzy Osbourne, Nightwish, Black Sabbath, and Rush. I bought KoTOR about a month ago after seeing it in the store. My best friend had gone through a KoTOR kick a while ago and I remembered her talking about it, so I decided to buy it.

One of the best games I've bought in a long time.

I don't think I've ever formally introduced myself here so, I'm 27 and originally from Ohio(Go Buckeyes!) but I'm on active duty with the Navy and stationed in Virginia. My hobbies are playing video games, reading, writing, playing guitar, and playing with brand new baby girl who was born October 1. I've had KOTOR and KOTOR 2 for awhile and stumbled onto this forum and the mod community almost by accident. I hang out most over in CEC where I'm working on my first fanfic. I love the community you all have here, and I'm happy to be part of it.

hi im new to this forum ive posted a couple of things mainly asking someone to hepl with TSL lol. anyway im 17 i live in the UK. i want to thank everyone that ive talked to for making me feel so welcome and thank everyone who helped me with my little hitches in the game, hehe, anyways hi!

hey phision, glad to see another UK person here. Near enough as old as me anyway...0 ( sorry pottsie, you just don't cut it ;) )

So where abouts are you from in the good old great britian? I'm a Lincolner, nothing special to say the least.

@JediAthos-congrats for your new kiddo. (jae, i'm shocked! i thought you would have beaten me to it, what with being the seasoned baby congratulator :xp:)

@magnas- also congratulations for getting hooked on one of the best games ever.

have fun.

i live in a little village called london colney or as many have called it "chav central" or summat along those lines. unfortunately LC is dominated by kids who like to throw rocks at passing cars but never mind eh.... each to their own i suppose. where abouts is lincoln if you dont mind my asking?

I and a bunch of others chimed in to congratulate JediAthos here. He was even kind enough to post pictures and she's very cute!! So how many hours is she sleeping at night now? :)

Aha, oh yeah. my bad :xp:

where abouts is lincoln if you dont mind my asking?

Theres nothing special about Lincoln. Probably the smallest city in the world, you can walk from one end of town to the other in about 10 mins. Pretty stunning cathedral though. its worringly bronx like, what withs its town divided up into the chav/emo/goth/mosher/townie sections. So pretty crap really. Seems everywhere is getting these chav ****s ruining everthing :(.

oh yeah, It's near the Nottingham/sheffield area. 40 something miles away from the legend that is skegness...

was in nottingham a couple of weeks ago, i was dragonboat racing at the nottingham watersports place. we didnt do so good lol

Heard of the place, not of the sport. What is it? I sail myself, but im thinking this dragonboat racing needs a motor...

Archived