Home

"LucasArts Soundtracks" - the site is finally UP

Laserschwert

Oh my good god... suggesting a SERIOUS discussion in this forum about this issue was a pretty stupid idea (I admit, it was MY stupid idea)... at least your comments somehow seem like you're only on the verge of being a grown up...

I am VERY sorry that the MP3s don't download fast enough for you... "I'll look into it"... or something :rolleyes:

By the way, the "re-uploading the files" comment referred to LucasTones' idea of adding your name to the comment-tag in the MP3 files... which I would have to re-upload, if I'd changed those tags.

And concerning the "many different" names, my real name is Jan, my forum-name at Mix-n-Mojo is Laserschwert and since my e-mail is captain_solo@gmx.net, my name at the iMuse-Island-forum was CaptainSolo... (though I don't really understand the context here).

Back on topic: I share LucasTones' opinion here, "I don't think anyone cares who named the tracks".

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering this stupid site is the only one I'm having problems with, I suggest that you do.

For example, I just downloaded the Catalyst 3.10 drivers from ATi at a size of 23.1Mb, and it took just under 10 seconds.

It took at least 25-30 seconds for each file on your site, on a good day. Somehow I doubt there is a massive stampede to get these files.

ME not grown up? I'm trying to be civilised here. I complimented you on your fantastic site (twice), and have said just how useful it has been to me. I asked a couple of inoffensive questions. I notified you of a problem I've been having with your site, as I thought you'd be concerned. Obviously none of these things matter to you.

I will not lower myself to your level, and I am I not asking for you to do something as ridiculous as re-uploading the MP3s as you have obviously gone through a lot of work already, particularly renaming the site as 'LucasArts Soundtracks'.

We have only had a couple of opinions here, and I notice you sided with half of one of them (the one that meant that you didn't actually have to do anything).

How serious would you like me to get?

What's wrong with a proper credits list on your site, as suggested by Alien426?

A simple "do you mind if I borrow a few of your track names?" would have done. You could have posted on the iMuse Forum, and I would have said "yeah, sure, go ahead".

Bit rude, wasn't it? Your character, I suppose.

The Tingler

PS You may have noticed that I'm not being quite as pleasant this time around. Three guesses why.

...says the guy with no location.

Afraid someone might say something about destruction of cultures, slavery and colonization practices of certain other countries? You can find the dark spot on any person. So don't stoop so low and pretend you're a little angel from heaven. And STOP BEING A FUCKING PRICK!

Guys, can we settle this without that annoying "anonymous_guest"? I guess all would be satisfied with a credits list / FAQ section on the site.

Tingler, I didn't mean to offend you. I know it can suck when people take the fruits of (more or less) hard labour and (maybe unintentionally) make it look like it was theirs.

> It took at least 25-30 seconds for each file on your site, on a good day.

Dude, you have every right to demand those precious seconds back. Someone from the SCUMM Bar will have to pay!!!!!1111

Damn yeah! Why can't a free private site be as fast as a COMPANY web-site?

I think we have EVERY right to demand that EVERY server regardless who is paying for it needs to be connected via T1 at minimum...

Back in the old days I waited DAYS for some downloads to finish...

Simply get something like GetRight, queue the mp3s and forget them until GetRight reports "Finished".

Spoiled kids!

To the loser asking for "due" credit for using his file names:

LOL.

If anyone would have the right to ask for credits it would be LEC not some "fan" that thinks he re-invented the wheel by naming some mp3s...

Oh and I hope you still DO fear the Germans.

If not give me your address you anon f*g and I will convience you to fear us.

As Alien426 said: Kindergarden!

Wow, this topic grew into an "ethnic discussion" (if you could call anonymous' racistic comments such). I am impressed... sadly in a negative way... and though I think I know who this "anonymous" is, I won't tell my theories in the hope of a peaceful settlement.

Still, it scares me, how Germany is still seen as the Nazi-Country of the world... and that this (for the lack of a better word) DUMB opinion is used as an argument in a discussion. For god's sake, take your head out of the box!

With that being said, back on topic:

Tingler, concerning MY opinion, you said that I "sided with half of one of them (the one that meant that you didn't actually have to do anything)". But maybe you should read my e-mail again, which clearly says that THAT is MY opinion since you mailed me...

And concerning your "problem" with my site and the fact that they obviously "don't matter to me"... uhm, there are some servers out there that are faster than other servers... and sometimes you just have to accept the fact, that you might have the bad luck of getting onto one that's a little slower. For my part I've gotta say a big THANK YOU to Jake, RemiO and the whole ScummBar-team for hosting my site on their server...

Taking on the credits-issue: As I already told you in my e-mail, Tingler, it's important for me to give credit to the people who deserve it... but you've got to see the relative difference of effort put into composing a soundtrack, re-mixing and -arranging it from MIDI, designing CD-covers and thinking up names for ten or twenty tracks... if there was a soundtrack which was ripped or converted by you, then you would of course get proper credit. But this is just ridiculous.

@Wizball:

Well, thanks for the support, but please calm down. I really don't want any comments concerning race in this thread... and getting aggressive doesn't help.

All right, I hope we can change the topic now...

Anybody?

Any interesting topics?

Oh Jesus f**king Christ, where the hell did all this come from? This is the reason I rarely venture on to forums these days.

How did racism sneak into a topic about making CDs from computer game music?

Jan, are you suggesting that I'M this anonymous_guest? I severely hope not. Why would I need to insult you through a pseudonym, and especially with racism?

Tingler, concerning MY opinion, you said that I "sided with half of one of them (the one that meant that you didn't actually have to do anything)". But maybe you should read my e-mail again, which clearly says that THAT is MY opinion since you mailed me...

I'm a little confused by this. Are you LucasTones?

As for reading mail, did anyone actually bother to read of all my post?

There is a sizeable difference between 2.3Mb and 23.1Mb, yet the smaller takes up to or over three times as long. Clearly some problem there, but I promise I will not mention it again.

All I suggested was that you should have said "please" in the first place. Be polite, that's all.

This rant is now over. I thought it was ridiculous to bother with in the first place, but it was Jan's suggestion to come here.

However, I freely admit that the reason I brought this here, and especially my words in my second post, is because Jan was, simply, rude for no reason, both in his e-mail and his posts. Sound petty? Civility and politeness cost nothing, and it's all too rare to find in a forum.

A simple "do you mind if I borrow a few of your track names?" would have done. You could have posted on the iMuse Forum, and I would have said "yeah, sure, go ahead".

Yes, I'm quoting myself. I thought it needed to be restated.

I think "flamed" is the adequate expression for my suspicions about what is to follow.

Chris "The Tingler" Capel

PS Alien426, since when was I getting on at you?!

Okay, this is getting a little silly now isn't it?

The Tingler, you've made your opinion perfectly clear: you claim to have named some of the tracks yourself, and Jan didn't ask you if he could use your names when he made the MP3's. We all now know that you may or may not have come up with the names, and nobody cares. I understand that you might be mad, but if Jan had announced "Named by The Tingler" when he unveiled the site nobody would have known what he was going on about. The majority of the effort in making the LucasArts Soundtracks site was done by Jan, and so to him the credit goes. Thats the end of discussion.

If we're going to carry on talking about this I'll close the thread. Get back on topic!

All right, everybody... I finally gave my site an update... the following has happened:

- I slightly changed the design on the four MI-pages

- I've added the "Day of the Tentacle" soundtrack

- I've added CD covers for "Fate of Atlantis", "Day of the Tentacle" and "Sam & Max"

- I changed the MI-covers from CMYK to RGB... and I recompressed them, so that they download faster now

- I added a preview on future sections

So, let the comments come!

(Oh, and you probably should clear your cache for the site to load correctly...)

Okay, the DOTT soundtrack, quite simply, ROCKS!!!!!!!!!! I do have a complaint, though:

WHERE IS DWAYNE'S THEME?

Please let me know if I'm missing it here. It's the theme played in Dwayne's hotel room in the present time. It is also an alternate theme for Snuckeys in Sam and Max. I noticed it was missing from the Sam and Max sountrack and figured you were saving it for DOTT, but I can't find it. Please tell me I'm an idiot and it's under a name I'm not recognizing.

I am not really sure what you mean, Janeus...

I am not going to do anything... why should I? I am a grown up, and poor people like that "anonymous-guest" don't really bother me, since there are a lot of them out there... racism is not a way to insult me, because it's one of the lowest levels - a level I can't even see from up here... ;)

But for your interest, that guy has only two posts, one in here, and one in another one of my threads... if you're interested, CLICK.

But now let's forget about this kid, and let's get back on topic.

looking back on it even I don't know what i mean.....

oh well,

But now let's forget about this kid, and let's get back on topic

I'll drink to that :-)

I've seen the site and downloaded a few... very impresed

i can safely say this site was the first lucasarts related bookmark i've made :-)

were you going to put Full Throttle on the site?

(I suppose you cant put that much up, seeing as they used the gone jackals)

and lets all hope that that anonymous_guest stops following you around

now im just going to try and change my location to Australia

Whooa

I mean Whooaaa, was the very first sound I produced when I first visit your web site Laserschwert. I've been making poor riping of LucasArts Games for years and your production has been one of the things tahta has made 2003 a good years after all. Discovering Dark Forces and the two Indiana Soundtracks I went bit funny in the head... but what you've put onilne since has been a little bi disappointing:(

First, your Sam and Max soundtrack seems to miss a few important themes and the tone of the whole was .. strange, but that must be me.:lol:

Then, GF soundtrack was a real deception : short tracks, no "Rusty Anchor".... can we hope for a montage of several cues and themes from the game instead of "simple" rip in a distant future ?

I'm aware I asked a lot but your work has impressed me a lot in the first place so... it's always worth asking.

To conclude two comments :

- why the MI3-MI4 covers are composed here and there of non MI3-MI4 pics ?

- is it me or there's no tag in the mp3 downloadable?

-your site looks great , go on, it's worth it

and that was third free comment <i>pour le monsieur</i>

@guybrushthedwar(f?):

Well, regarding the pros and cons, you like the site after all, I guess.

You're right, there's some stuff I didn't put on the "Sam & Max" soundtrack. That was mainly very irritating background music, like "Mystery Vortex" and "Frog Rock". But you're right, now that I look at it, there are all the Snuckey-themes that I probably should have added... maybe I'll add them later. But what about the tone? Probably just you :D

The "Grim Fandango" section was something that was created in a rush, since many people mailed me, asking when it will be put online. Maybe you've noticed, that the files aren't even on my server, that's just because I didn't upload them, but linked directly to the files from the "Grim Fandango Network" (which I was asked for by the Mojo staff). You say that there are missing tunes, and that's absolutely right, since the files provided are simply a rip of the original soundtrack CD. But I guess I'll add a "More Music from Grim Fandango"-CD as I find time (and yes, I might do montages... no promises though).

What was that about the MI3 / MI4 artwork being interchanged?

1. Huh?

2. Where?

3. What?

4. Does it matter? :cool:;)

And yes, again you're right, no MP3-tags... at least not for most of the stuff (I think "Dark Forces" does). But the idea is to burn that stuff as audio CDs... I didn't create those covers for fun... well, not entirely ;):p

Archived