Home

Favourite Movie?

Evil Dark Jedi

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*expecting so many Matrix and LotR responses it hurts brain*

Eh, I dunno. Depends on the genre I guess.

Comedy: The Waterboy

Action: Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Horror: Bram Stoker's Dracula

Romance: HAHAHAHAHA!! As if.

Fantasy: LotR: TTT

And then of course, there are movies of which I do not speak.

moonwalker

*grabs groin and screams 'hee-hee'*

j/k :D

star wars is my favourite movie... other than that i can't narrow it down to one.

some of my other favourites (in no particular order)...

indiana jones

matrix

LOTR

grosse pointe blank

spider-man 1 & 2

fight club

bourne identity and supremacy

godfather

ocean's 11 (the remake of course)

there's just so many...

-AKIRA

-Spaceballs

-Chasing Amy

-Mallrats

-Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

-Clerks

-Clock Work Orange

-Full Metal Jacket

pretty much anything by Kevin Smith and Stanley Kubrick....except the stupid one he did just recently...what was it called....

Originally posted by jebbers

pretty much anything by Kevin Smith and Stanley Kubrick....except the stupid one he did just recently...what was it called....

If you mean Smith, it was Jersey Girl. If you mean Kubrick, you're definately talking about Eyes Wide Shut.

I'm really having a hard time picking just one favorite movie here. I'll stew on it some more and come back later.

[EDIT] Alright, I think I finally settled on one.

poster01.jpg

Taxi Driver pwns joo and your favorite movie. Who can forget this part?

pow.jpg

Here's my top 15:

15) Terminator 2

14) Braveheart

13) Saving Private Ryan

12) Face/Off

11) Lashou shentan (Hard-Boiled)

10) Schindler's List

9) Star Wars Trilogy (sorry, I can't help it)

8) LOTR trilogy

7) Scarface

6) Fight Club

5) Desperado (I don't care if critics hate it! It's got everything a heterosexual guy could possibly want - Cool music, spectacular gunfights, dark comedy, Salma Hayek, etc.)

4) The Godfather

3) Aliens

2) Raiders of the Lost Ark

1) Pulp Fiction

Matrix ( The FIRST one )- Come on, who here hasn't wanted to be Neo?

Road to Perdition- Tom Hanks was brilliant as always, and a portion of this movie was shot in my hometown of Geneva, so I got to catch a glimpse of Jude Law and Tom Hanks ^_^

The Last Samurai- At first, I didn't expect this movie to be much, but after watching it I realized Tom Cruise did a fantastic job with the role and it was a suprisingly great movie

Edward Scissorhands- The only movie that has ever brought a tear to my eye. Johnny Depp was amazing, and the story was very touching

The Punisher- Okay, some of it was cheesy, but it was a VERY fun movie to watch. I've always been a big fan of the comic, and Thomas Jane was PERFECT for the role. And the Russian fight was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

Originally posted by ET Warrior

I personally think Fight club is one of the most over-rated films ever. Everyone you talk to heralds it as one of the most brilliant movies ever, and it really bored me to tears :dozey:

actually a lot of people hated it, a lot of my friends in real life don't like it either. I think it's a great movie. neither under or over rated.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

actually a lot of people hated it, a lot of my friends in real life don't like it either. I think it's a great movie. neither under or over rated.

I rented it 2 weeks ago on tape and enjoyed the movie. The plot twist was fairly easy to see, but it was a fun movie to just sit down and watch with some friends.

Fight Club is a great film, and very few people I have talked to share the opinion. I was gullible enough not to guess the plot twist throughout the first time I saw it, so when it came, I was very impressed :D

Too many fave films of mine to list here right now (can't actually remember any besides Star Wars). Might think of a list later :)

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

If you mean Smith, it was Jersey Girl. If you mean Kubrick, you're definately talking about Eyes Wide Shut.

both actually....i have to agree with KBell on the fight club movie....good to watch but on tape...whats tape?

Here are some of my non-Star Wars faves (remember - these are *faves*, which doesn't always mean *best*)

- Real Genius

- Zelig

- Last Starfighter

- Better Off Dead

- Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

- Eraserhead

- Monty Python and the Holy Grail

- Ran

- Airplane

- CaddyShack

- Raiders of the Lost Ark (sorry, not the others)

Thought Matrix, LotR trilogy, Spidey 1 & 2, etc were good entertainment, none of them in my top 25 or so ...

Mike

Archived