Home

The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)

Astrotoy7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:D Thanks for feedback on the glasses. @stingerhs, 9er, and D3: It's an honor to be nerdy among Star Wars fans. :xp: @Moel/Rhett: No intent on having babies with guys sry. @Cz: I know I need to download those zany decals. :nutz3:
;_;

lolz... .i'd last about 0.2 secs in those glasses and then proceed to have a seizure ...

Light sensitivity test done for diagnosing epilespy can involve wearing something not too disimilar, but a bit less wacky.

anyway, I hope someone gets back to showing off COOL stuff... not heart stoppingly geeky stuff :p

mtfbwya

After recent events I was in serious need of some retail therapy:

Loot.jpg

Vice City has been replaced with NFSU because of a slight case of non-workage...

Loot3.jpg

I had never seen the Godfather till recently, and it's not overrated at all, awesome movie!

Loot2.jpg

280 pages of Surfer goodness, yeah baby!

Where are they for sale? I need a pair... now.

randomness031ur4.jpg

Don Quixote is the best novel ever written - period. Don't try to contradict me because you'll be wrong. Wrong.

pfft...if you aint read it in spanish you aint read it. It's like trying to read the Kuran(Quran etc) in a language other than arabic... it just doesnt gel right.

habla espanol mi amigo ??

mtfbwya

pfft...if you aint read it in spanish you aint read it. It's like trying to read the Kuran(Quran etc) in a language other than arabic... it just doesnt gel right.

habla espanol mi amigo ??

Yeah but the only language I could think of read something in, aside from English, is French. I've never studied Spanish but hopefully, the translation doesn't butcher the elegance of the original language too much. Anyway, the humour of the tales is still strong (I think so, anyway). :)

Edit: Though looking back on it; regardless of the quality it's never as good as the actual thing. I shudder to think what Henry V's rousing speech at Agincourt would sound like in a translation. How can another person capture the genius of the original? I use Shakespeare because he and Cervantes are often drawn as analogues.

How could any translation equal: "And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by, / From this day to the ending of the world, / But we in it shall be rememberéd; / We few, we happy few, we band of brothers: / For he to-day that sheds his blood with me / Shall be my brother: be he ne'er so vile, / This day shall gentle his condition. / And gentlemen in England, now a-bed, / Shall think themselves accursed they were not here; / And hold their manhoods cheap, whiles any speaks / That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day!"

Incidently,

is cool enough to be in this thread :p. His particular brand of melodrama actually works in this play :xp:.

Mine looks a bit rustier. Figures they try to sell a slightly worn version of the game in Europe, game publishers tend to give us less for a higher cost :p

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1922/bioshsq1.jpg

Well, that's what the limited edition looks like here, if I remember correctly. So, maybe you got the superior version for once. :p

Mine looks a bit rustier. Figures they try to sell a slightly worn version of the game in Europe, game publishers tend to give us less for a higher cost :p
:lol: figures, one of the many gripes of mine about the UK. In terms of media, i import usually from America or Japan for my DVDs Games & Music as the UK (or Europe for that matter) tends to get the lesser deal. It annoys me somewhat that a lot of products don't reach European shores (like Parasite Eve or Xenogears, but importing sorted that problem out! :D). I recently imported a Studio Ghibli boxset as there isn't one available in the UK, so instead of paying a ridiculuous price of about £180 buying each film separate i got them all for about £40. The same was with the Ghost In The Shell first and second gig series boxsets, i picked them up for about £50 cheaper through importing.

@Stoffe, what's BioShock like on the PC, i'm thinking of getting a Dell XPS laptop with Vista so i was wondering if it would run on a Vista laptop (i'll make sure i meet the requirements). I was thinking of getting Half Life 2 aswell, (i know, WOW i haven't played it yet, i've just recently completed the original for about the 50 billionth time on me dreamcast :lol: ) especially with the very impressive looking Episode 2 Expansion pack on the horizon.

Yep it is annoying! Does anyone know if the Wii is universal in terms of Wii games as i have just got a Wii about a month and a half ago and if there is no region locking on the games i will start importing my Wii games, if there is region locking then it looks like i'll have to be patient for MP III (i'm praying for a UK release, better not be another Xenogears! :lol: )

It's just been previewed in the official Nintendo mag (UK), but I don't think there's an official date yet...

Edit: Oct 26th says Wikipedia, boo!

Where are they for sale? I need a pair... now.

randomness031ur4.jpg

Don Quixote is the best novel ever written - period. Don't try to contradict me because you'll be wrong. Wrong.

Si! … Don Quijote or Don Quixote in English is provably the best novel ever written, Miguel De Cervantes made a great job… VIVA ESPA~A!!!! y Don Quijote De La Mancha!!!

I just like El ingenioso hidalgo don Quijote de la Mancha :D

Went to Best Buy today and had a momentary lapse of my l337 penny-pinching skillz :xp:

cztoy1sept07_th.jpg cztoy2sept07_th.jpg cztoy3sept07_th.jpg

Doom3 & Scratches are marked down to $20, not too bad and well, 50 all-time horror classics for $20.. can't beat that for nostalgia :D

Oh.. and really old news but I don't think I ever posted about it... I won more Telly Award(s) :emodanc:

2 Bronzes that year ('06-'07) "Here's to Focus, Wrap Up the Holidays"

I'm a bone-ified multi-award winning editor (2 bronzes, 1 silver Telly):lol:

Cross your fingers for this year's entries.. we're shooting for more silvers this time and eventually I *will* win an Addy :D

cz_telly1_th.jpg

Archived